Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you really care anymore?

Tomel

I really don't.  I have been a fan starting back in the 70's when i started to watch football.  Watched every game on TV.  Was lucky enough to get to see a game in RFK and see Art Monk play back in the day when RFK was always sold out.  Manage to get season tickets at Fed Ex about ten years ago.  Drove 100 miles each way to attend home games.  Finally just gave up on that because of the losing and the opposing teams taking over the stadium so gave them up and just stayed home and watched on TV.  Two years ago I stopped watching the games on Sunday.  There were just more interesting things to spend a Sunday afternoon doing.  Four games in and I have not watched a single game this year.  Thank you Dan for ruining something that I really enjoyed at one time.  

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

30 years ago a beatdown by Dallas like this would have me angry for a week. I really dont care anymore. I didnt grow up with the Commanders. They are someone elses team. 

Same. I can't believe how much negative energy I used to produce after every loss. Now I barely have any feelings one way or another. The sad thing is, I love the game of football, and love watching it at the highest level (not that I like the NFL as a brand so much, but they are the best of the best). And in order to continue having any interest, I may have to decide on another team to follow. I'm tired of my team's on and off field antics, and the rebrand has decreased my feelings of loyalty to this ****show. 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Big fat NOPE to the answer of the thread title.

I get mad in the heat of the moment but I really don't even give a ****.  It's basically expected at this point that we are going to suck and screw **** up.  Like my brother and I knew that every drive would be halted short due to a penalty, and it was, and then even the announcers started talking about it.  Once the game was over, I didn't care at all and wasn't upset or anything.  Absolutely no emotion at all.  Complete apathy.

I'm going to the game next week unfortunately and I'm either wearing a Chargers jersey since that is the only non Washington jersey I own, possibly a Capitals jersey, or maybe even a Washington jersey with duct tape over the name and something smart ass on it, totally out of protest.

45 minutes ago, Redwards said:

Nothing they do anymore phases me.  A loss used to fester until Thursday.  A loss in the division used to bother me until we played that team again.

But now, even if it's getting embarrassed in Dallas AGAIN, I'm numb.

I want to feel again... I want to believe as others do.

Daily Movie Gifs — favcharacters: Robert the Bruce ...

Couldn't find this reaction gif when I needed it, so I made it. - Album on  Imgur

Edited by petey hodge
  • Like 1

I'll be honest, since DirecTV hooked me up with Sunday Ticket Max for free this year, I spend most Sundays watching other more interesting games.  It's way more fun with gambling and fantasy.  I may have watched like 7 offensive Commanders snaps and a few defensive snaps today.  It was ugly as hell and I just said whatever goodbye.  It is liberating.

20 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Looking at the rest of the schedule I see us at 4 - 13 by the end. If the Oline gets better maybe 5 wins. What was an easier schedule just turned to be one of the hardest in a while.

Um, who do you feel this team could actually beat?

When the Lions, Jaguars, and the friggin' J E T S look more like a team than this one, I honestly do not see this team winning another game this year. Not being sarcastic in any way, I just don't see it. I can easily see other teams out-scheming the current clowns who are called 'coaches'. 

The game plan for opponents is out; simply rush the QB and its over. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skins island connection said:

When the Lions, Jaguars, and the friggin' J E T S look more like a team than this one, I honestly do not see this team winning another game this year. Not being sarcastic in any way, I just don't see it. I can easily see other teams out-scheming the current clowns who are called 'coaches'. 

No I hear you. I've got the Bears, Texans, and Falcons. And I'm being generous. 

Became a Steelers fan during the off-season. They were always my AFC team and I followed them a lot as a kid since my dad was a die hard. Just made sense to go that direction. Checked in after the game today when I saw the highlights of them wearing the Pittsburgh lite uniforms. 

Honestly even with the Steelers 1-3 I’ve had more fun this season than I have over the last handful of years outside of a couple moments. It’s nice to step away from this team cause it’s not the team I grew up rooting for. 

I’ll always be a Redskins fan but never a Commanders fan. 

About as much as I would for a child whom I learned was a serial killer. 

There will probably always be something there simply because they were once the joy of my life but happiness and pride has been replaced with shame embarrassment, resentment and apathy.

At this point I don't see any hope for redemption.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The only reason I even turned on the game was because the wife was excited about it. Otherwise I would have done something else with my time. 

She’s learning though. She told me yesterday she doesn’t want to be a fan anymore. 

9 hours ago, purbeast said:

I'm going to the game next week unfortunately and I'm either wearing a Chargers jersey since that is the only non Washington jersey I own, possibly a Capitals jersey, or maybe even a Washington jersey with duct tape over the name and something smart ass on it, totally out of protest.

Ahhh, you're gonna be one of those guys who shows up to a sporting event wearing a jersey that doesn't belong to either one of the teams playing?  I've always wondered why people do that.

I AM HERE AND I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW I DO NOT LIKE EITHER TEAM.  

7 hours ago, skins island connection said:

I don't like our chances to beat the Bears on a Thursday night after a Sunday game.  Maybe we can beat the Falcons, but in both games I think we'd have to play mistake free football, essentially play the perfect game and I don't see how this roster does that.

I think 3 wins is the max for this team.  Maybe 4 wins if they catch someone on a bad day, but I can also see us losing out, too.

• Thanks 1

As an ex-season ticket holder (in the family since 1968) this horrible FO has driven many of us to not only give up our tickets but to stop watching games. I don't think I've watched an entire game in 3-4 years. The PHL & DAL games I watched through Q1. But that's it for me for 2022. There are plenty of things to do other than watching this bumbling 'team' on beautiful Fall days. As I've done in previous seasons, I'll find alternative things to do on Sunday. 

What sucks is the NFL really is amazing. When you watch Red Zone you see so much high quality, competitive, entertaining as hell football. I can't imagine what its like being a fan of one of those teams. I'm not even talking about the contenders, but even being a fan of a team like the Jets or Jaguars that have guys flying around playing exciting football.

For all intents and purposes the NFL has 31 actual competitive franchises and 1 dysfunctional dog and pony show.

Edited by Warhead36
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

It's a different type of care. Not nearly as invested or affected anymore. I love the game of football, though, and this is the hometown team so I still enjoy analyzing our chaos here. I watch other games for quality football(college and NFL).

Since starting this thread and after reading all of the responses, I've come to realize that I don't care and I do care, both at the same time.

I really don't care about the team anymore. That's hard for me to say, but it's true. I expected the results from the Dallas game. I knew it was highly likely we would lose, but not sure exactly how. A few big plays? A defensive collapse? An offensive collapse? Poor play-calling. No, this week it was penalties. Wonder what it will be next week.

While I don't care about the team anymore, I realized that, year after year, I DO care about a few talented players.  There are certain players who go above and beyond. Some do it year after year. And you know what? I care that their talent, that their skills, that the effort they exhibit week-after-week is all going to waste. Maybe eventually they'll move to another team and have success. Unfortunately, that appears to be the rare case, since they have already wasted their prime years with Washington. For those players, I care. But I don't care for the Washington team.

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

What sucks is the NFL really is amazing. When you watch Red Zone you see so much high quality, competitive, entertaining as hell football. I can't imagine what its like being a fan of one of those teams. I'm not even talking about the contenders, but even being a fan of a team like the Jets or Jaguars that have guys flying around playing exciting football.

For all intents and purposes the NFL has 31 actual competitive franchises and 1 dysfunctional dog and pony show.

This is the main thing for me at this point. I just love the NFL. It’s so much fun. Just once I would like to have fun watching this team 

17 hours ago, abdcskins said:

I'll be honest, since DirecTV hooked me up with Sunday Ticket Max for free this year, I spend most Sundays watching other more interesting games.  It's way more fun with gambling and fantasy.  I may have watched like 7 offensive Commanders snaps and a few defensive snaps today.  It was ugly as hell and I just said whatever goodbye.  It is liberating.

Cool. They've given it to me for free 3 straight years. It really is amazing. The Max is a $400 value too. Unfortunately they are losing Sunday Ticket to Amazon or somewhere next season 😢