Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you really care anymore?

Tomel

who would you want to get for next year as a coach if Ron is let go?  Sean Payton?  Eric Bienimy? you know if Snyder gets his way, he'll probably try to get Sean Payton and offer him big money, and even more control of the front office.  if that happens, do you come back and support this team once again?

Popping over here after two weeks of not watching or tracking the game. Feels amazingly good. 

There really is nothing the fans can do except stop caring. So, why not? Apathy can be good for the fan base right now. Sadly, it's not something that would motivate anything like a forced sale. 

What would be nice is if somehow the fans could come together and agree to stop calling into sportstalk when this is the topic. Stop tweeting about or at the team. ****, unfollow them. Of course, get the attendance down more than half of who showed yesterday. 

Just take a break for yourselves. It's like mental health season break. 

Nobody is saying root for another team. Watch redzone if you really need to watch football on Sunday if possible. 

They'll take you being mad all the time over not caring right now. 

Edited by @DCGoldPants
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, ultravin said:

who would you want to get for next year as a coach if Ron is let go?  Sean Payton?  Eric Bienimy? you know if Snyder gets his way, he'll probably try to get Sean Payton and offer him big money, and even more control of the front office.  if that happens, do you come back and support this team once again?

They aren't coming here.  Rivera ain't getting fired.  The only hope is that they mutually agree to part ways after this season.  Then they can hire some young up and comer offensive coordinator, draft a QB, and then have this team stuck in mediocrity in year 3 and wash, rinse, repeat all over again.

Just now, DJHJR86 said:

They aren't coming here.  Rivera ain't getting fired.  The only hope is that they mutually agree to part ways after this season.  Then they can hire some young up and comer offensive coordinator, draft a QB, and then have this team stuck in mediocrity in year 3 and wash, rinse, repeat all over again.

I think you are right, I think they might do something dumb and promote Mayhew to The GM, demote Rivera to just head coach and replace his coordinators. More stop gap measures that won't help a sinking ship. 

Of course I still care, watching Washington football has and will always be one of my favorite hobbies. But I've learned a healthy amount of care. After a loss I'm upset for about an hour and then I move on. It's not worth losing sleep over something I cannot control. If anyone should lose sleep it's Ron. This is his ****show that he built. It's sad that most of us fans could have built a more competitive team than he did. 

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, ultravin said:

Dan cuts Ron, he still owes him 2 years. Dan isn’t spending that kind of money. Our next coach is some  desperate retread or some low level assistant. Someone cheap.

There’s no way in hell Sean touches this job. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, ultravin said:

Eric Bieniemy is a possibility, but no chance Sean Payton comes to Washington. 

2 hours ago, markmills67 said:

All I really want is for somebody, anybody to please ask Snyder about what his longterm plans are, Staying/going. I'm a Redskins fan since 1984, really getting into them since 1998. We as a fan base from all over the world, me Bolton, England deserve more.

HTTR4EVER

Snyder is a ****. Hides from the media. No one is asking him anything. 

There are at most 3 wins left on the schedule.  Rivera and company are clearly not the answer.  He picked the QB.  He decided to use ex-Panthers players and personnel, despite the results.  Blow it all up and start over.  And then three years later, we'll be doing it again anyway.

3 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

There are at most 3 wins left on the schedule.  Rivera and company are clearly not the answer.  He picked the QB.  He decided to use ex-Panthers players and personnel, despite the results.  Blow it all up and start over.  And then three years later, we'll be doing it again anyway.

Has anybody compared the current roster to the roster that Ron inherited? How about the coaching staff? Trainers? Etc. How many of the folks are Ron's folks? My impression is that most are Ron's selections. Therefore, Ron owns the win / loss record.

I worked in private enterprise and, on a number of occasions, took over major areas of the business. After introducing myself to the staff, my first order of business was to evaluate my key personnel and make sure I kept the good ones and replaced the others. I had about a year to take care of business, then my boss either rewarded me or got rid of me based on the results. I don't get the impression that Snyder is managing day-to-day affairs like he did in the past. Am I wrong? If I'm right, then 3 years in, the team and the results are Ron's and he has to live with the consequences.

11 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

As I promised myself, I didn’t watch todays game. Thought I’d find something to do with the wife and kid, turned out we had to drive down to NC for a small family emergency. Everything is okay and we got back home tonight. 

Didn’t miss it one bit. By killing some time this afternoon I saw what was happening around halftime while I was on Twitter but that was just because my feed had Commies stuff on in mixed in with other interests. 

A little after 4pm, curiosity got the best of me and I checked ESPN. Saw that they were at the Titans 2 yard line with a few seconds left. 

I have to admit, the prospect of them winning didn’t even phase me. Like, it didn’t excite me. Years ago if I missed a game and they won I’d be pissed. Today, I was like “Oh, that’s kinda cool.  Hope they don’t **** it up, but they probably will.”

A couple mins later I got the alert on my phone, 21-17, Titans win. I was mildly curious about how they managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory but saw the replay of Wentz’s pick a few hours later. Saw some more stuff on Twitter. 

I’ve got the game recorded, might give it a watch tomorrow or Tuesday. 

Lol **** this team. I’m actually getting to the point where I’m starting to hope they lose. I can’t even explain it. Maybe after all these years of thinking we’ve hit rock bottom and finding out that we actually haven’t, I’m just rooting for misery to see how bad this can get. 

I hope Justin Fields goes off for 300 passing and 100 running on Thursday night. I think I’m *actually* rooting for the Bears.  I’m so sick of Snyder, Rivera, JDR, just everyone not named McLaurin and Dotson. 

Anyone else on my level of hate towards this franchise?

Your last 3 paragraphs are spot on for me. This teams gets me back in one of two ways: 1. Snyder sells the team. 2. Teams moves and we get a franchise team in the future. Just don't care anymore. NEVER thought it would come to this. But it has and there's no turning back unfortunately.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Tomel said:

Has anybody compared the current roster to the roster that Ron inherited? How about the coaching staff? Trainers? Etc. How many of the folks are Ron's folks? My impression is that most are Ron's selections. Therefore, Ron owns the win / loss record.

This is Ron's team, with the exception of our best players (McLaurin, Sweat, Payne, Allen, and Holcomb). Those five were Gruden's players. Gruden was a better coach, can't believe I said that.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, rockluc said:

I care in so much as I want to see Dan suffer as much as humanly possible. I can’t root for them to win anymore. The thought of Dan being happy or feeling like he’s right is vomit inducing. 

The part that I keep coming back to, the part that I REALLY HATE is if they ever win a Super Bowl with him being the owner...I'd have to turn the TV off at that point they gave him the Lombardi.  Couldn't even 100% enjoy this team winning a Super Bowl because of him. 

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

I keep checking now to hear if Snyder might come to his senses and fire Rivera, but then they'll be back in the same cycle for the next mediocre head coach because it's Snyder who's in charge

Coming to his senses would be selling the team (ie firing himself)

Can we just go the Manchester City route?

Sell the team to a UAE royal family member let them buy a title...

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, fjblair said:

I stopped caring after it was clear the team would never win as long as Danny boy was the owner, so a long, long time ago. This is not the Washington team I grew up with.

Yup.

Dan murdered this franchise way before he changed its name.  

When i first joined this board, hell even 5 years ago, if a coach had said something as absurd as Rivera said today in a presser, there'd be hundreds of members here and maybe thousands reading.  I come on a few minutes ago to find that there are like less than 20 people even interested in anything to do with this team anymore.  And I totally get it.  Most normal people wrote this franchise off years ago and for good reason.  

This franchise is completely dead in the water until the other owners wake up and forcibly remove Snyder from the lunch table.

• Like 1