Dead

There ain't no necromancy

Jesus ain't on the roster

Nothing's coming back from anywhere

Dead

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

Officially done.  Good riddance.

See, the "good riddance" sounds like latent aggression and disappointment. You're still in the "kinda care, kinda don't" phase.

When Carson threw that pick, I bellowed out a hearty laugh, posted some memes with the fellas in The Stadium, had a few laughs, then went out to lunch. Didn't think about the team, and didn't have a care in the world. I'm officially dead inside to this franchise.

My passion will only reawaken once Snyder is no longer the owner, and not until that point.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

I care. I will always care. I was so angry and distraught this afternoon, that I was shaking with fury, with tears in my eyes. Despite constant let downs for the last 30 years, I was so hopeful that we could get it in from the 2 yard line with 19 seconds left. This one hurt more than any game in a long time. I convinced myself that we could pull this off, then beat Chicago and be 3 - 3. We'd be right in the thick of things for a possible wildcard spot. I wanted that to happen so badly. Was praying for it. As usual, I had my heart ripped out yet again. I wish I wasn't so emotionally invested into this garbage. I wish I didn't care. I wish I could shrug it off. That's not the case for me. It never gets easier for me. I'm 40 years old now. Clearly it will never get easier for me. I anticipate all week long, it takes forever for Sunday to arrive and then it becomes a miserable day for me, 90 percent of the time 😢

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I feel like I'm caught in a rain storm that's right over my head that follows me around and never ends and I've got no umbrella so no matter what I do I stay hopelessly soaked.

See, I actually like the rain, so that's not a good analogy.

To me, it feels like we're all at a concert, trapped next to the stage, right under R. Kelly after he had a big gulp and are waiting for the inevitable golden shower that's sure to follow.

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

Absolutely not..

After going to the game today and the whole game day experience, I am 100% done.  I will watch the games but have absolutely zero emotions in them.  I will also spend $0 on this team until Snyder is gone.  

I only go when i get free tickets

It's like you know that you marriage is done. Things were great 30 years ago, but she's let herself go and weighs 300lbs, doesn't work, except for the pyramid schemes she wastes your money on. You know you have a divorce coming up and it'll be annoying and you'll be mad a lot, but eventually you won't think about it much and just be a happier person. When that comes, you'll want the best for the Ex and check in sometimes. Every couple years you see she has quit smoking and is going for walks every day and you get happy that she is finally turning her life around. Maybe even occasionally really pulling it together and then you start thinking maybe this could work again. It was great once, so you go to dinner, get all excited and then find out she just wants to talk to you about her current ponzi scheme and some jerk she dated that owes her money and you realize that you wish she just didn't exist any more.

That's why I'm marrying my side chick. Go Birds. :D

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Absolutely not..

After going to the game today and the whole game day experience, I am 100% done.  I will watch the games but have absolutely zero emotions in them.  I will also spend $0 on this team until Snyder is gone.  

Id be curious to hear more about what you thought of the experience.  Where did you sit?

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

Id be curious to hear more about what you thought of the experience.  Where did you sit?

Seats were fantastic.  400 level right around 50 yard line.  Buncha titans fans around though but it was good banter. 

The $17 Stella tasted just like the $8 6 pack I have gotten at home.  

I will never be back.

ifxG11j.jpg

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Today was liberating for me.  As much as I loathe what Dan has done to this team, I’ve religiously watched for pretty much the entirety of my life.  In recent seasons past, I’d flirt with the idea of not wasting my time watching and play golf instead.  Last week, I told my buddies that I’d seen enough and would be booking a 1pm tee time this week if the weather cooperated.  Forecast looked beautiful, booked a 1:10 tee time and never looked back.   We turned the radio broadcast on the Bluetooth speaker and listened.  The entire time, even during the few exciting plays, I still felt like we made the right decision to get out and get some fresh air and vitamin D rather than scroll through my phone, with the game on from my couch.

I’ll tune in Thursday night, because there’s nothing else to do.  But it’s incredibly difficult to care one iota about this team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Look at how empty that joint is, just 5 games into the season. When you can't get a home game at home, it's time to move on. The Eagles had a home game in freaking Arizona today. They chartered planes and buses. What an absolute difference.

To hear people tell it on here, we take over stadiums when we are the visitors. Last road game I went to was against the Giants in 2016 at Met Life and there weren't many Skins fans there at all.

I was there today for the first time in four years. I applaud the team for trying to get more people into the club level with the lower prices and incentives, but overall there just seems to be this resignation about a place we're stuck in until the new stadium is built. And I also recall 2016, with the renderings released on 60 Minutes, and thinking we'd be into a new place by, like, now. And instead we're going to be lucky if we're not still playing in the same Landover spot in 2027.

This isn't my team anymore...Ron has NO passion on the sideline...Turner can't call simple quick hits to set rhythm and build confidence..it's worse than Jay and Hasslett. I only watch the 1st 8 min 1st qtr...then looked back at the last 2 min...thought it's a sure thing..PI placed the ball on the 2 with 4 downs to tie..what a bunch of losers..I won't even bother again this season (or ever if Ron is still coaching here). And I'm OK with that.....52+ years of Redskin pride is dead.

6 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

To hear people tell it on here, we take over stadiums when we are the visitors. Last road game I went to was against the Giants in 2016 at Met Life and there weren't many Skins fans there at all.

I was there today for the first time in four years. I applaud the team for trying to get more people into the club level with the lower prices and incentives, but overall there just seems to be this resignation about a place we're stuck in until the new stadium is built. And I also recall 2016, with the renderings released on 60 Minutes, and thinking we'd be into a new place by, like, now. And instead we're going to be lucky if we're not still playing in the same Landover spot in 2027.

Check this out. This is in Arizona for crying out loud. We don't remotely get this in the Jax home opener.

I don't care anymore. It's not the same team I grew up watching. This might be the lowest I have felt. The rebranding was hard enough to accept but add to it a 1-4 start and it makes me want to walk away. The W logo just reminds me of failure. The crowd at FedEx is embarrassing. The coaches are clueless and the owner, well we all know. It's mid October and our season is over. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Are you freaking serious!  $17!!  That's absurd.  LOL at that price, 🤦‍♂️

Lawsuits and superyachts are expensive, how else is Dan going to maintain the lifestyle to which he's accustomed?

TBH at this point I'm wondering if Dan isn't clinging on to the team purely out of spite for the remaining fans.

• Thumb up 1

51 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's like you know that you marriage is done. Things were great 30 years ago, but she's let herself go and weighs 300lbs, doesn't work, except for the pyramid schemes she wastes your money on. You know you have a divorce coming up and it'll be annoying and you'll be mad a lot, but eventually you won't think about it much and just be a happier person. When that comes, you'll want the best for the Ex and check in sometimes. Every couple years you see she has quit smoking and is going for walks every day and you get happy that she is finally turning her life around. Maybe even occasionally really pulling it together and then you start thinking maybe this could work again. It was great once, so you go to dinner, get all excited and then find out she just wants to talk to you about her current ponzi scheme and some jerk she dated that owes her money and you realize that you wish she just didn't exist any more.

That's why I'm marrying my side chick. Go Birds. :D

I can never root for another team. I can root against teams but never for a different team