Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you really care anymore?

Tomel

2 hours ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

I don't think that is the problem..his #1 problem is his coordinators. Turner can't call a game...he has plenty of plays that will work but he can't seem to anticipate or show creativity...so he's predictable. He's throwing now on 1st down but the plays he calls are in the teeth of the defense. AND he is calling plays that the Oline can't protect...too long to develop and Wentz waits too long to get it to the safety valve. Wentz needs to get READ/Get RID/DUMP IT of it faster..take the dump off and avoid sacks.

Del Rio's whole group a mess...They can't sync the DL/LB/DB's into a cohesive defense. Is it being TOO Complicated...too many times DB's handoff the receiver to a guy 10 yards away from the point of separation leaving a huge hole in the zone...they need compress that zone much better..

A GM can't fix BAD coordinators who can't It is hard enough being a coach without worrying about a rebrand, scandals, business dealings, changing the whole buildings culture.  plus being the lead on everything on the football side. 

It’s quite difficult being a winning coach in this league without having to worry about a horrible rebrand, a culture change for the whole team (football and business side), worrying about the actual business side and constantly dealing with scandals.

He wanted to have complete control on the football side, he got that plus way way more. Plus the dude had cancer.

A GM can make very strong suggestions on moving on from coordinators. they can hold the coaches accountable and can force a change. It happens quite often. 

If a coach has free reign to choose his staff with no questions asked then it is his fault if his coordinators aren’t good. It is their fault if players are not in the correct place and motivated come game day.

This is and has been a complete team fail from top to bottom. 

Ron is pretty much above all in this organization except the Snyders. He asked for some of it, and what it seems he asked for is beyond what most coaches can handle. now add everything else this team has forced him to do. 

he will not succeed here. But neither will the next guy. 

The only thing that could possibly save this team is for the Snyders to disappear. Someone buys the team that has the money and will to make this a strong franchise as well as having the understanding to build a solid front office structure without the need for a coaches input. 

We need a coach who only coaches. We never get that. We will never get that as long as Snyders are involved.

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

I am 55. My son is 31. When he was born we had a snoopy and redskins (my wife is a snoopy collector) outfit for him in his first photos. When he was one Sam Frank and Sonny wished him a happy birthday on the game broadcast. I have attended hundreds of games at RFK and FED EX. When my son was old enough we started going to games at RFK. When my daughter was in high school her school band ran concession in the club level as a fund raiser. My wife became a fan then. I attended the home opener this year with free box tickets and red zone parking from

my work. But when the name was changed I lost all passion for the team. And last season so did my son. We always attend at-least one game a year, last year he said lets go to a caps game instead of a skins game.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

You’re pathetic, you two team jockey SOB

Remember that idiotic thread you started last year about being done? Then you never left and here we are again?

I love threads where everyone tells everyone how over this team they are and they just don't care anymore.

See ya in the game day thread.  :ols:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

The fact that we are here posting on Redskins/Commanders website proves we care.

What I was referring to in terms of "caring" was more caring if we lose or not. When I was in my adolescence and 20s, the Redskins losing affected me emotionally. It hurt. I cared a lot. Now I am not affected whatsoever. It is a ho hum they lost again feeling. I don't care. I have come to expect it. So in thay sense, I don't care.

I think we all want to see the Commanders do well. But if they don't we won't be shocked and we will live our lives unaffected for the most part.

• Like 2

The team just doesn't elicit the emotions in me that it used to. I still watch, mostly out of habit, and I do hope they win. But when they don't I just don't get upset anymore. And I still haven't warmed up to any part of the rebrand. 

Of course, the whole league has been getting harder for me to deal with. I watch because I love the sport, but I feel like the NFL's marketing schemes, fantasy football, and now gambling are ruining it. Fantasy has turned the league into one where the individual players are deemed more important than the teams. Since the NFL finally accepted gambling as legitimate, I think they've ruined their credibility. Gambling was always happening, but the NFL gave the impression that it stayed above the fray by not recognizing it. Now, every football show has at least one segment where they discuss the point spreads and the odds for each game. And then there's the actual broadcasts. Sunday Night Football's theme song segment is so big that it has its own sponsor. And the ads for all the merchandise are ridiculous. I know it'll never go back to when the NFL was just something guys watched on a Sunday afternoon while drinking a few beers and avoiding their family and mowing the lawn. It'll never go back to when the Superbowl halftime show was a marching band. Maybe if the team from DC didn't suck so much, I wouldn't care so much about the transformation the league has undergone under Goodell's watch.    

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Remember that idiotic thread you started last year about being done? Then you never left and here we are again?

I love threads where everyone tells everyone how over this team they are and they just don't care anymore.

See ya in the game day thread.  :ols:

I still hang here for the political threads.  And pop in to watch the live action car crash every once in awhile.  I loathe this team.  Haven’t even watched a snap this year aside from the snippets of coverage red zone provides.  

Im divorced.  You’re a pathetic polygamist.

• Haha 2

Realizing it was impossible that Snyder would ever field a winner I tried to switch to the Ravens 3-4 years ago. It didn't take, you can't flush 40 years of hardcore fandom so easily.  Then I got suckered into believing the Chase Young hype and I was fully on board for that season, the next season's opener I looked forward to this awesome defensive line taking apart the Chargers in the opener.

Then the games happened, along with the huge scandal.  By mid-season after reading more about Daniel Snyder's behavior, and seeing his product on the field I wrote the team off and started watching the Ravens again.   I no longer watch Washington games, I can't bring myself to openly root for the Eagles or Boys, but when they show them on the Red Zone I find myself laughing at their ineptitude. I kind of do the same thing to sports talk caller who are still feeling the pain of being invested in this dumpster fire.  I am comforted with the knowledge that these loses hurt Snyder far more than they ever hurt me.  

5 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

I still hang here for the political threads.  And pop in to watch the live action car crash every once in awhile.  I loathe this team.  Haven’t even watched a snap this year aside from the snippets of coverage red zone provides.  

Im divorced.  You’re a pathetic polygamist.

I gotta cheer on my sisters kid and mine. No shame in that.

If you are done, be done. This ain't an airport, you can take off without announcing it.

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oooh…..careful. I said that line about a reporter (Washingtonian maybe?) back in august and 86 pounced all over me for it…. :( 

He is really good at the dramatic whiney posts for sure. He'll post some stupid elementary school "gotcha" post, space penguin will like it and laugh and then go complain about how he doesn't care about this team and then spend the next 4 hours talking about how much he doesn't care.  :ols:  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Gameday thread aren't exavtly what they used to be...

They themselves prove that a lot of people aren't caring at all anymore.

This!  The server used to crash on a regular basis back in the day.  Now, much like the team, this site, number of active participants, is a shell of its former self.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I think more than anything I care about what this team used to be and I want that back. I don't particularly care for this current team outside of a couple of players. The coaches, gms and owners can suck it. 

That's about where I'm at. I' pretty much still around, because of this board and a few players.

The name changes and then settling with a military theme sucks, uniforms suck, owner sucks, on field product sucks.

I'll quit this team eventually, but I still don't think we have a bad team this year, so I'll enjoy what I can.

I like Ron and appreciate the calming and respectable presence he brings. It's certainly an improvement since anyone but Gibbs and it's nice to know we should at least be around .500 and won't suffer through 3 in seasons, but if he gets fired and some turn like Dungy or Edwards gets brought in, I'm definitely outta here.

• Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Uhh…..plenty of people here have said they want to see the team lose actually, cause of Snyder (which, while I’m not one of those people, I 100% understand their reasoning)

I wanted to clarify something.  I'm one of the people here that want them to lose because of Synder.  But it's because I don't think this team is capable of sustained winning under Synder.  They will have a winning season here or there.  A blind squirrel, you know?  But this team has had a plethora (yeah I have been wanting to work that word into my writings, so what?!?) of coaches, players and front office personnel over 20 years and the only constant is Synder and dysfunction.  That is a sign the franchise is rotten from the top.    

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That's about where I'm at. I' pretty much still around, because of this board and a few players.

The name changes and then settling with a military theme sucks, uniforms suck, owner sucks, on field product sucks.

I'll quit this team eventually, but I still don't think we have a bad team this year, so I'll enjoy what I can.

I like Ron and appreciate the calming and respectable presence he brings. It's certainly an improvement since anyone but Gibbs and it's nice to know we should at least be around .500 and won't suffer through 3 in seasons, but if he gets fired and some turn like Dungy or Edwards gets brought in, I'm definitely outta here.

*This* is where you’re at and always have been.

85FC6555-90FE-4B93-A97F-6ABB0EA28BB4.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Csup said:

I wanted to clarify something.  I'm one of the people here that want them to lose because of Synder.  But it's because I don't think this team is capable of sustained winning under Synder. 

I’m trying to figure out what you mean here but I don’t exactly understand…

I get if you want them to lose because of Snyder being a trash human. But if its only because you don’t think they’re capable of sustained winning under him, wouldn’t you at least want to see them TRY? 

Longest thread I ever started!!!

I titled this thread "Do you really care anymore?" After looking at all the comments, I just want to add a few things.

1. Do I care anymore? No, not from the standpoint of getting upset when they lose and lose badly. I expect it. Why let it spoil my day or week?

2. Do I still follow still follow the team? Yes, but on a very limited basis these days. After all, I grew up in No VA not far from Ashburn. I went to a Carlyle training camp the year Lombardi was the coach. I've visited training camp during Gibbs second stint. I visited training camp in Richmond (I live in the Richmond suburbs). I attended a Redskins / Dolphins game at the Orange Bowl (50-yard line seats, a few rows back!!!) while living in Miami.

3. I'm really tired of the excuses made by the head coaches. I don't recall Gibbs making excuses after a loss. Rivera, you're in charge, so fix it -- no more excuses. In case you didn't notice, here's a few suggestions (from somebody who has never played or coached football):

a. There are major blown coverages in almost every single game (not just this year) - should you replace your defensive coordinator? Should you consider altering some schemes to at least make the opposing team work a little harder to move down the field.

b. Your new and costly QB is going to be sitting on the bench with injuries unless you do something NOW. Maybe call just run plays. Maybe put in your 2nd or 3rd QB until the offensive line protection issues are fixed. Probably won't impact the win / loss record much.

c. The team has been injury plagued for years - figure out why or hire somebody who can figure out why,

d. Etc., Etc. It's not exactly rocket science!

Anyway, the Skins (sorry, I mean Commanders) will always be my team. I'll continue to watch games when I have nothing better to do. But do I care when they lose -- no, I don't. Frankly, I'm surprised when they win.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 86 Snyder said:

*This* is where you’re at and always have been.

85FC6555-90FE-4B93-A97F-6ABB0EA28BB4.jpeg

Are you saying that I've always been an eagles fan? Because I wasn't when Vick was on the team. I probably wouldn't be now if it was for the name change fiasco. And I'm fine with them changing it. I wanted it changed. Just changing it in back to back years and then a military theme makes me not be a fan.

I feel more like I was pushed away, than I quit the commodes, which I'm in denial about and still one of the more positive people on this board.

BTW, do you think it was intentional that the eagles sacked Wentz 9 times, being that's Nick Foles numer?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BraveWarrior said:

The team just doesn't elicit the emotions in me that it used to. I still watch, mostly out of habit, and I do hope they win. But when they don't I just don't get upset anymore. And I still haven't warmed up to any part of the rebrand. 

Of course, the whole league has been getting harder for me to deal with. I watch because I love the sport, but I feel like the NFL's marketing schemes, fantasy football, and now gambling are ruining it. Fantasy has turned the league into one where the individual players are deemed more important than the teams. Since the NFL finally accepted gambling as legitimate, I think they've ruined their credibility. Gambling was always happening, but the NFL gave the impression that it stayed above the fray by not recognizing it. Now, every football show has at least one segment where they discuss the point spreads and the odds for each game. And then there's the actual broadcasts. Sunday Night Football's theme song segment is so big that it has its own sponsor. And the ads for all the merchandise are ridiculous. I know it'll never go back to when the NFL was just something guys watched on a Sunday afternoon while drinking a few beers and avoiding their family and mowing the lawn. It'll never go back to when the Superbowl halftime show was a marching band. Maybe if the team from DC didn't suck so much, I wouldn't care so much about the transformation the league has undergone under Goodell's watch.    

^^This. I really, I mean really, used to love the NFL. I still carry around the ticket stubs (yes, I'm old) from my first two games, Bears at Bucs and then Skins at Bucs in 1982. I can still see the rain pouring down the stairs in the stadium and Riggo pounding the Bucs defense into the mud. But somewhere between then and now, the NFL went from being just a business to being a Gordon Gecko-style business and I'm just not feeling it as much anymore. Nowadays the business model is all about squeezing out every, last, red, cent they can from the fans while putting in as little money as possible into the fan experience. For example, have you ever tried any of the NFL apps? They're straight garbage. They crash, don't have many features, and just generally all around suck. For all the money they rake in, they could at least have a decent app to stream their games on and play fantasy. Speaking of which, it  really is mostly about fantasy for me now. That's actually something I have a modicum of control over. So when I lose, it doesn't feel like getting worked over by the mob like it does when I buy anything from the NFL.

14 hours ago, Csup said:

I wanted to clarify something.  I'm one of the people here that want them to lose because of Synder.  But it's because I don't think this team is capable of sustained winning under Synder.  They will have a winning season here or there.  A blind squirrel, you know?  But this team has had a plethora (yeah I have been wanting to work that word into my writings, so what?!?) of coaches, players and front office personnel over 20 years and the only constant is Synder and dysfunction.  That is a sign the franchise is rotten from the top.    

You are right that the team has had a myriad of coaches, assistants, GMs, players, even a bingo caller and still, the losing continues. The only common denominator is Lord Farquaad. So, I see your plethora post with a myriad post and raise you a modicum.😃

• Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 12:17 AM, BraveWarrior said:

Of course, the whole league has been getting harder for me to deal with.

This is a huge underlying factor for my own apathy. If I stilled loved the NFL generally, what's happened to the Redskins/WFT/Commanders would aggravate me more than it does.

For me, the pro game has gotten harder to watch. The rule changes and replay have made things worse. I feel like the NFL as a whole reached it's zenith in the late '80s with the golden age of the NFC East and the mix of increased passing and traditional toughness, and it's been slowly downhill since (even as the profits have gotten bigger). 

I'll also be honest and say that at least as much a part is how I've changed over the years. Spending all those hours each week watching a bunch of jock dudes scrabble over an oblong leather sack just isn't a big a priority with all I have going on now. It's kind of "been there, done that."

If it was still the Redskins and there was no Dan Snyder involved, would I watch? Absolutely. But it'd never be like it was for me when I was younger and more passionate about the sport.

23 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

He is really good at the dramatic whiney posts for sure. He'll post some stupid elementary school "gotcha" post, space penguin will like it and laugh and then go complain about how he doesn't care about this team and then spend the next 4 hours talking about how much he doesn't care.  :ols:  

Dude, this forum is the only entertainment I get out of this football team anymore. It's both funny and sad!

Not everyone has a backup team that can actually be watchable some years :P

Edited by SpacePenguin
  • Haha 2