Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you really care anymore?

Tomel

22 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I had a great day not watching the game. Checked on score 3 times but that was it.

Ditto. Didn’t watch one minute and haven’t checked on any highlights. I’m not going to do that to myself. My days off are too valuable..

On a whim, I decided yesterday to take my wife and son to the game rather than watch on TV.  Bought 3 tickets in 140, Row 21, 11-13.  Total cost - $397.27 with taxes and fees.  Add the parking pass $81.25.  Add the cost of food from Firehouse Subs and this other place (I forget the name) that sells hotdogs and nachos (for my kid) add another $80.  2 beers and a water upon arrival.  $35.  I also spent $300 in the team store to buy 90th Anniversary gear and items like the 2022 commemorative pin set.  

Do I still care?  You bet your ass I do.  My son was having a great first Commanders game right up until Wentz threw a pick to end the game from 2 yards out.  I had to spend the next 10 minutes consoling him.  Still, I think he’s hooked and I have convinced him you can’t enjoy the highs without experiencing the lows.

I hope he eventually gets to see some highs.        

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

Brother and I were talking at the game today that the best thing that could possibly happen is that the team just relocates and we get an expansion team.

The Redskins are done.  They are gone and never coming back.  The Commanders are a new team with no history.  It would be perfect if they just rolled out to another state and we had a completely new expansion team.

We could all get behind that 100% since we're all Washington fans and it would be our home team.  Just like with the Nats.

EDIT:

Like we had this conversation.  Today.  While at a Commanders game.  

Think about that lol.  That is where we are at as fans.  

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Absolutely not..

After going to the game today and the whole game day experience, I am 100% done.  I will watch the games but have absolutely zero emotions in them.  I will also spend $0 on this team until Snyder is gone.  

I hear ya.

But for the ones who still have strong emotions, I recommend Valium...

I have going through the checking out process for the last few years and really don’t care other than a cursory check in once in a while. Stopped posting on here and just check in once in a while. I really can’t become a fan of another team so I have become less interested in the NFL across the board. I am in my 60’s and flatly refuse to let this stupid team ruin my week ever again. It is flabbergasting what Dan has done to my once beloved team.  He should, as a supposed fan, sell the team out of mercy.  Anyway, this really isn’t my team anymore so if he runs it into the ground so be it. I truly don’t care.  

• Like 1

I’m at the point where I need to stay away from certain threads for my own sanity because reading that someone on here spent around a grand at that stadium today makes me want to throw up. It’s not my business and yet I find myself resentful that we can’t all get on the same page about boycotting this asshole and his bad product. If every single fan could somehow do that, it actually would matter in the long term. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Conn said:

I’m at the point where I need to stay away from certain threads for my own sanity because reading that someone on here spent around a grand at that stadium today makes me want to throw up. It’s not my business and yet I find myself resentful that we can’t all get on the same page about boycotting this asshole and his bad product. If every single fan could somehow do that, it actually would matter in the long term. 

I was thinking the exact same thing but to each his own. It's unbelievable (to me at least) that someone would do that and then seem to feel good about it. lol. This is what keeps Snyder going sadly. He will never get one penny of my money.  I say this as someone who had 4 season tickets for 12 years and never missed a game. Also went to 2 or so away games per year. Haven't been to a game in 3 years and have zero emotional attachment now. Snyder killed my team. First time I've even logged on this site this season, used to do it multiple times per day. It's sad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, madden lot said:

Im so emotionally detached that i don't even cheer after big plays because it has become embarrassing. And I'm watching the games alone. 

This is the worst...I remember being little kid with everyone else left the room and not fully understanding what was going on but knowing it was really bad. 

Every once in a while I go to pro-football reference to see if I can find them, one I'm sure was a 94 home asskicking by Dallas. 

I couldn't convince my family to go the our first home Thanksgiving game even though we won, so watched most of it by myself after we finished eating until folks started realizing we might pull it off from their phone notifications.

My daughters are too little to realize how bad this is, the second they say they want to do something else, I won't torture them...

Edited by Renegade7

As I promised myself, I didn’t watch todays game. Thought I’d find something to do with the wife and kid, turned out we had to drive down to NC for a small family emergency. Everything is okay and we got back home tonight. 

Didn’t miss it one bit. By killing some time this afternoon I saw what was happening around halftime while I was on Twitter but that was just because my feed had Commies stuff on in mixed in with other interests. 

A little after 4pm, curiosity got the best of me and I checked ESPN. Saw that they were at the Titans 2 yard line with a few seconds left. 

I have to admit, the prospect of them winning didn’t even phase me. Like, it didn’t excite me. Years ago if I missed a game and they won I’d be pissed. Today, I was like “Oh, that’s kinda cool.  Hope they don’t **** it up, but they probably will.”

A couple mins later I got the alert on my phone, 21-17, Titans win. I was mildly curious about how they managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory but saw the replay of Wentz’s pick a few hours later. Saw some more stuff on Twitter. 

I’ve got the game recorded, might give it a watch tomorrow or Tuesday. 

Lol **** this team. I’m actually getting to the point where I’m starting to hope they lose. I can’t even explain it. Maybe after all these years of thinking we’ve hit rock bottom and finding out that we actually haven’t, I’m just rooting for misery to see how bad this can get. 

I hope Justin Fields goes off for 300 passing and 100 running on Thursday night. I think I’m *actually* rooting for the Bears.  I’m so sick of Snyder, Rivera, JDR, just everyone not named McLaurin and Dotson. 

Anyone else on my level of hate towards this franchise?

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Yesterday was the first Sunday I haven't felt much in terms of anticipation to the game. Usually I'm looking forward to 6pm (time I watch in the uk) all day. Yesterday I hardly thought about it. Then 6pm came around I turned on and watched the game and felt the same as I always do. Optimism, then less optimism. Little bit of anger. Spark of hope with some nice TDs and a chance to win followed by shock when we didn't. (Then I thought why am I shocked?) Being a fan isn't easy but its what we are. What else is there on a Sunday?