Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you really care anymore?

Tomel

4 minutes ago, SpacePenguin said:

Dude, this forum is the only entertainment I get out of this football team anymore. It's both funny and sad!

Not everyone has a backup team that can actually be watchable some years!

Yep. I have a couple teams that I’m like “cool” if they win (bills cause a college friend is a huge fan, and the bills are a respectable team, Vikings cause a highschool friend is a huge fan, and titans cause they’re my brothers new team) 

Yep, I am good with the Bills.

When they switched back to the white helmets, big fan of their uniforms, and their fanbase is invested and they are due.

Vikings uniforms and I don't dislike Cousins, so good with them too.  When they went to the matte finish helmets, and I am glad Commanders have done so, only good change to the uniform in my book.

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yep. I have a couple teams that I’m like “cool” if they win (bills cause a college friend is a huge fan, and the bills are a respectable team, Vikings cause a highschool friend is a huge fan, and titans cause they’re my brothers new team) 

I tried to watch a dolphins game a couple seasons back. Figured I'd bail to a team that was even worse, cause that seems fair.

Liked the derpy looking logo, but my god.....watching bad football teams is even worse when you REALLY don't care about the result. It didn't take.

So yeah, I guess I still care about this team, for some reason. I mostly just laugh at the ****show that it's become, though. ****ing Commanders lol, what a horrible name for a team. It suits this rotten organization.

• Like 6

I am from Southern Maryland, and I grew up during the golden age of Washington Football.  Back in those days, this area lived and breathed this team.  For me, in a lot of ways this organization is that family member or friend you know you should write off, but you can't because your thoughts always turn back to the best of times before the relationship soured.  Hoping and praying they eventually get right.  For better or worse, I'm latched to this team for life. 

My youngest son has adopted this team also, because he has watched me over the years.  He wants to be like his Dad.  He started middle school this year.  The first week he was actually teased by several kids (Ravens fans) for wearing Commanders gear.  He came home upset, and told me he was thinking about switching teams because the Ravens are better.  He has gotten over it now, but think about that for a minute.  A child was teased by several kids in the shadow of Washington D.C. for being a Commanders fan. 

I'm sure he's not the only one.    

• Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

The reason I became a fan was because my dad as well so totally get that.  Great to be a fan when you are young, Skins were not good when I started rooting for them but to see them build and become a power, those were good days.  Hope your son gets to enjoy that experience.  

We were teased back in the day, mainly by Cowboys fans, but a different era for sure.

Edited by RFK Lives
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Commander PK said:

I am from Southern Maryland, and I grew up during the golden age of Washington Football.  Back in those days, this area lived and breathed this team.  For me, in a lot of ways this organization is that family member or friend you know you should write off, but you can't because your thoughts always turn back to the best of times before the relationship soured.  Hoping and praying they eventually get right.  For better or worse, I'm latched to this team for life. 

My youngest son has adopted this team also, because he has watched me over the years.  He wants to be like his Dad.  He started middle school this year.  The first week he was actually teased by several kids (Ravens fans) for wearing Commanders gear.  He came home upset, and told me he was thinking about switching teams because the Ravens are better.  He has gotten over it now, but think about that for a minute.  A child was teased by several kids in the shadow of Washington D.C. for being a Commanders fan. 

I'm sure he's not the only one.    

That's close, but I'd say the team is more like a drug addicted son. Of course you still love and care about him, but you've disconnected and distanced yourself because it's just not healthy for you or him to continue being an enabler. Maybe one day he gets serious about getting his life together and being drug free, but until that happens, I'm keeping my distance. In the meantime, the nephew (the Bucs for me) is doing reasonably well in spite of having a cheating SOB for a boss (Shady Brady).

As for your actual son, you're a child abuser. I'm calling DFACS.🤣

I'll always care but I won't let it emotionally affect me. I used to get depressed and sad and go all emo; turning out all the lights after the game and not watching any other football. I don't go down the dark path anymore.

I used to think being a Commanders fan was a tragedy; now I realize...it's a ****ing comedy

Joker (2019) Movie Still - Joaquin Phoenix - Arthur Fleck / The Joker ...

• Haha 4

On 9/29/2022 at 9:10 AM, RFK Lives said:

Yep, I am good with the Bills.

When they switched back to the white helmets, big fan of their uniforms, and their fanbase is invested and they are due.

Yeah, the white helmets so much better than the red ones.

I give the same effort in rooting for them that they do in games. On games where they don't care, I'm the same. On days where I see effort I still love em. Been a fan since the mid 60's. what snyder has done to this team I hope condemns him to cowboys hell!!

• Like 1

Coming back to this thread once again.  I remember a time that nothing could ruin my week more than a lose to the Cowturds. Today I feel absolutely nothing,  no anger no nothing.  I guess I truly don't care. At least until General Snyder cleans house and hires the next retread coach,  then it'll be back to hope spring eternal until that crashes like all the rest.

It was evident last night in the “Insomniac Thread” that redskins fan interest is dying off.

there were only 4-5 posts by 3am Eastern time meaning that people slept and weren’t up worrying about the game

and it’s Dallas Week.

and during the game thread, the posts were about as low as the 2nd preseason game - it seemed

Sad because…. This was the precipice game for me.  1-2 record.

Beat Dallas and we’ve righted the ship at 2-2

lose to Dallas, and we’re 1-3 looking like a Norv Turner Top 3 draft pick mode.

seeing today’s miserable showing….

im going to be way more productive on my Sundays for the foreseeable future

Edited by petey hodge
  • Like 2

The season is over; nothing to care about.

Momentary excitement for Ron’s successor that will fade away quickly.

Rinse and repeat over and over again.

Orgasm if Dan is no longer owner.

The last 3 games I was out before the game started and didn’t return until sometime in the first quarter .

I'm done.  

Posted it in the gameday thread, I'm not done being a fan.  Still gonna keep posting here, keep up with the team, record the games and watch them.  But I'm done with carving out Sundays at 1pm for these mother****ers.  Gonna find something else to do next Sunday.  

This just doesn't make sense anymore. It's been 23 years since Snyder purchased the team.  Enough is enough.  

• Like 1