Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you really care anymore?

Tomel

So to answer your question directly, no. I stopped caring a long time ago, but the moment that I completely gave up on the Skins was when they kept RGIII in that playoff game and he snapped his leg (and his career). That's the perfect illustration of the Dan Snyder franchise - destroy a young man for the hope of winning a single game rather than focusing on what matters. I am still disgusted to this day and I vowed I would never spend another dime that would make its way to Snyder's pocket, including the wider NFL thanks to the revenue sharing. The NFL is so corrupt and disgusting I simply can't watch it anymore. The players are exploited in such a foul way, it's sickening.

I live in Europe now, so I have basically no opportunity to be exposed to the NFL in my daily life. If I were forced to say, I suppose I am shopping for a new favorite team... but given the above, I find it hard to care at all about American football. Maybe the Bills??? I dunno.

I hope to see Dan Snyder undone. I hope he suffers, he is truly a terrible human being.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Everyone expected to lose this game and then we lose to the best team in the league and everyone is jumping off the cliff. Pathetic.

This could be a quote from 2006 and no one would know the difference lol

Edited by HailSkins90
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

The last two years were such a **** show in my family I watched maybe a couple of games. But this year, fortunately things have calmed down, and I have had a chance to focus more on football. And I love football.  And I will always be a Washington fan, even though sometimes, I turn the game off, and move to another game towards the end of the 3rd quarter. Some on this board really know their football and what you need to win, so it is always fun coming here. There was NOT ONE person on this board who did not express concern about our secondary, particularly, at the linebacker position. And CB going into the draft, and during FA.  My question is, which has a lot to do with my "interest" in the team, is why the coaches, over the years, have not addressed the problematic secondary. The fans know it is a problem. So, when you ask me about caring I wonder if our coaches care about winning?  I know it is an offensive driven league, but I will tell you this. The Eagles have balance on their team, in terms of offense and defense. So do the Bills who also have an exceptional QB in my opinion. We are three years in with Rivera and some of the same issues exist, that existed under Gruden. So where is the professional evaluation of need and then procuring those players? Why do guys on a message board know better about what this team needs to win???? Where is the acknowledgement and effort of the NFL staff running this team?  You cannot win in this league with pure mediocrity in your secondary, at almost every position. You just can't.  I know that QB's on other teams that play us, know if their patient, they are going to get into the EZ eventually against our secondary.  And Rivera's press conferences after these demoralizing losses are just not good enough. Like, yeah, coach your right, they have to play better. But are they capable of that? .

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Everyone expected to lose this game and then we lose to the best team in the league and everyone is jumping off the cliff. Pathetic.

There’s losing and there’s what happened on Sunday.  

I find it hard to believe that watching our OL lose consistently and quickly to a 4 man rush, gives you no pause whatsoever.  Especially on the heels of the Lions doing almost the exact same thing to us the entire first half the week prior.  It’s alarming.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's the HOW we lost, bro.

Both the PHI and DET loses were complete melt-downs from the very start of the games.

It shows a complete lack of mental preparation from week-to-week. Now that's pathetic.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It's almost like Zorn--they know how to attack us in the 1st half, and we do nothing to make any changes. Both the Lions and Eagles were non-competitive out of the gate--we made a valiant effort in the 2nd half against the Lions, but it was too little, too late. Now, comes the Cowboys who just decimated the Giants OL...who is about as bad as ours.

2 hours ago, HailSkins90 said:

This could be a quote from 2006 and no one would know the difference lol

In 2005 we lost 36-0 to the Giants and still made the playoffs. In 2007 we lost 52-7 to the Patriots. Sometimes, a superior opponent just boat races you. And no, it doesn't only happen to us. The defending champs got wrecked at home just a couple weeks ago. Last year the Cowboys had a game where they lost at home to the Broncos 30-16 and it wasn't even that close. The list goes on and on.

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

In 2005 we lost 36-0 to the Giants and still made the playoffs. In 2007 we lost 52-7 to the Patriots. Sometimes, a superior opponent just boat races you. And no, it doesn't only happen to us. The defending champs got wrecked at home just a couple weeks ago. Last year the Cowboys had a game where they lost at home to the Broncos 30-16 and it wasn't even that close. The list goes on and on.

This way of thinking does not apply here. It's exactly the reverse: loose a bunch of games and show competence every once y a while.

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I really doubt that most people who have lost their passion did so due to Sunday's loss to the Eagles. 

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

So? This team repeatedly getting embarrassed is only part of the issue. 

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Sure, in a vacuum that makes sense. However, we've been boat raced in the 1st half, twice--and it was wholly uncompetitive. Actual game footage from the Lions and Eagles games:

GIF jets - animated GIF on GIFER

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Sure, in a vacuum that makes sense. However, we've been boat raced in the 1st half, twice--and it was wholly uncompetitive. Actual game footage from the Lions and Eagles games:

Fake news, the QB is still standing at the end of that play. 😜

Love me some Tecmo!

• Like 1

I like many of you watch out of habit. I love football but I no longer love this team and the name change was the final straw for me. I can’t behind commanders but I also don’t feel I can root for another team. 

I enjoy watching good football, and betting on football so I have multiple TV’s and a gambling sports ticker set up in my man cave and one of those screens will always have the Washington game on it out of habit, but I refuse to go to a game, but merch, or basically spend any of my hard earned money on this team. I hope it changes one day and I can get back to where I was, but mostly these days the only pleasure I get is betting against them and winning money, or roasting the ineptness on Twitter or forums during the game. 

Maybe one day if we become a competent organization and winner again, but until then…..meh

Ron has too much on his plate for this team to succeed right now. In order for him to succeed, he needs to stay out of the business side of things and a proper GM needs to be hired. 

if we don’t have an office structure where the President takes care of business and the Coach answers to the GM, then we will fail. When coaches have final say on everything these days, they typically fail. There are some outliers, like some of those who have been blessed with great QBs like Billicheck.

The only guy that I can think of who has a lot on his plate and is successful is Andy Reid. As far as I know, he doesn’t handle business. But he knows offense and he knows how to get the most out of a QB.

Ron is not a coach of Reids caliber and has more to deal with. Some of it was his own choosing, but I bet he is actually swamped behind the scenes with the stupidity of this organization. 

And by organization, I mean The crap family that owns this franchise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, El Mexican said:

It's the HOW we lost, bro.

Both the PHI and DET loses were complete melt-downs from the very start of the games.

It shows a complete lack of mental preparation from week-to-week. Now that's pathetic.

I'll go one step further....has any team in the league gotten their asses handed to them worse than we did in the last 2 weeks? We have barely competed and certainly not for a full game. The Chargers were bad but I don't think Herbert was sacked 9 times. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Ron has too much on his plate for this team to succeed right now. In order for him to succeed, he needs to stay out of the business side of things and a proper GM needs to be hired. 

I don't think that is the problem..his #1 problem is his coordinators. Turner can't call a game...he has plenty of plays that will work but he can't seem to anticipate or show creativity...so he's predictable. He's throwing now on 1st down but the plays he calls are in the teeth of the defense. AND he is calling plays that the Oline can't protect...too long to develop and Wentz waits too long to get it to the safety valve. Wentz needs to get READ/Get RID/DUMP IT of it faster..take the dump off and avoid sacks.

Del Rio's whole group a mess...They can't sync the DL/LB/DB's into a cohesive defense. Is it being TOO Complicated...too many times DB's handoff the receiver to a guy 10 yards away from the point of separation leaving a huge hole in the zone...they need compress that zone much better..

A GM can't fix BAD coordinators who can't teach...

22 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

I don't think that is the problem..his #1 problem is his coordinators. Turner can't call a game...he has plenty of plays that will work but he can't seem to anticipate or show creativity...so he's predictable. He's throwing now on 1st down but the plays he calls are in the teeth of the defense. AND he is calling plays that the Oline can't protect...too long to develop and Wentz waits too long to get it to the safety valve. Wentz needs to get READ/Get RID/DUMP IT of it faster..take the dump off and avoid sacks.

Del Rio's whole group a mess...They can't sync the DL/LB/DB's into a cohesive defense. Is it being TOO Complicated...too many times DB's handoff the receiver to a guy 10 yards away from the point of separation leaving a huge hole in the zone...they need compress that zone much better..

Slight counter to your point about Turner because I agree with you about him as an overall coordinator. I saw some footage on this site where the play was called for Terry, he was open form the snap, Wentz stared him down and wouldn't throw it before taking the sack. It's like he froze. This can't be put on Turner if the play called is there and the QB won't throw the ball. I would bet everything that TH would be a much better QB for this team right now just because he knows the offense and has legs to help cover up a leaky offensive line. This doesn't mean I think TH is the long term answer but I believe he'd be better at this point than the struggling, ball holding, cement-shoed Wentz. RR better do what's right and not get caught pampering Wentz if he keeps struggling...the team and fans deserve a better product than what's out there now. 

On 9/26/2022 at 7:26 PM, Catatonic said:

The Malcomb Kelly thread also.  Those were the best of times. 🤣

IIRC, there was always a 5 - 0 or we don't go thread.  

7 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I find it hard to believe that watching our OL lose consistently and quickly to a 4 man rush, gives you no pause whatsoever.  Especially on the heels of the Lions doing almost the exact same thing to us the entire first half the week prior.  It’s alarming.

9 SACKS. I feel you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

100% correct.  After you see that the o line is struggling, either keep in a back/TE to help (mind you that type of tactic is never done anymore) or more three step drops and ball comes out.  You have to be able to adapt, Turner seems to follow the game plan to a T even if it has no chance of working relative to the game script.  🤦‍♂️  It was Gibbs greatest skill.  (His halftime adjustments are legendary)