Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

Funny, I see the Darnold trade like so many of you do, the Jets scammed the Panthers.

I am hearing all kinds of crap about this from my Jet fan friends. They all think they should have kept him, traded the 2 pick for tons of picks and built a talented knew roster plus added a pick or two for next year. 

I am just thrilled WFT wasn't involved in this mess. Thank you Fitz and Heini!

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Great news regarding darnold

1. We didn't trade for him

2. I'm a huge joe brady fan.  I wanted the skins to seriously consider him as HC las offseason.  While he is young and has a short resume, he has been great at every stop, and has.kearned under sean payton.  I'm interested to see what he can do with darnold.  If he can get darnold to move the chains and limit turnovers, give that man a HC job now!  He will have earned it.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Damn. Jets got 3 draft picks for that bum. Including a second rounder. Ridiculous. 

Good for them. Hopefully Carolina doesn't get a QB this year in the draft and maybe we can move up a little and get one of the 4. :)

1 minute ago, zskins said:

Good for them. Hopefully Carolina doesn't get a QB this year in the draft and maybe we can move up a little and get one of the 4. :)

I'm wondering if this frees up Mac Jones. I know all the rumors had Carolina taking him. If he dropped, would/should we take him?  I'm on the fence about him. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

I'm wondering if this frees up Mac Jones. I know all the rumors had Carolina taking him. If he dropped, would/should we take him?  I'm on the fence about him. 

:)  Everybody on this board knows how I feel about Mac Jones.  LOL.  :)  Doubt Jones falls this far or the WFT moves up to get him.  Have to think, I say think RR targets Darrisaw or Jenkins at #19.  Hopefully, one of them is there.  We are lacking at LT horribly, IMO.  Next up in the 2nd has to be LB.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Doubtful. The Broncos and Pats will probably take a QB.

Pats are a maybe but I don't see the Broncos doing it. Drew Lock is not a bad QB. He just needs a better supporting cast. He was up and down a little last year. I think Denver sticks with him. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Damn. Jets got 3 draft picks for that bum. Including a second rounder. Ridiculous. 

When your daughter is trolling you, you know you’re kindof a sap. FWIW, Mike tweeted something about him being a great QB someday.  He’s most likely wrong and his daughter is funny.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

13 hours ago, dyst said:

Unbelievable the Jets managed to get that for an awful QB on the worse team in the league and for a guy who was guaranteed to be cut. 

It helps that they never broke ranks, even in the media, on their story that they were still sold or at least confident in Darnold. No matter how much everyone knew they were lying and definitely taking Wilson at #2, they stuck to their story. No disparaging leaks even though every fan and analytics nerd on Twitter could see how bad Darnold has been so far. We could learn from that as an organization. This was under a different regime and due to owner interference, but the media knew Haskins wasn’t wanted here before the card with his name on it was ever turned in.

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

It helps that they never broke ranks, even in the media, on their story that they were still sold or at least confident in Darnold. No matter how much everyone knew they were lying and definitely taking Wilson at #2, they stuck to their story. No disparaging leaks even though every fan and analytics nerd on Twitter could see how bad Darnold has been so far. We could learn from that as an organization.  

At this point when I see all the stories about this franchise screwed up and this one is doomed and we are NOT mentioned, I'll take it

• Like 3

10 hours ago, zskins said:

Pats are a maybe but I don't see the Broncos doing it. Drew Lock is not a bad QB. He just needs a better supporting cast. He was up and down a little last year. I think Denver sticks with him. 

The Broncos think so highly of Lock that they considered replacing him with Sam freaking Darnold. They'll go QB if one is available.

Sometimes, life tells you very forcefully what you should be doing in life. For some people, it's realizing they should drop their pilots licenses and embrace their basket weaving passion. For people like Darnold, he should just join Ghost Busters already.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The Broncos think so highly of Lock that they considered replacing him with Sam freaking Darnold. They'll go QB if one is available.

True, but I am starting to think that Elway has a quick trigger when it comes to yanking QB's. Some of these QB's seem way too young to write off so quickly as NFL flops. Just my opinion but Elway seems pretty impatient with his young QB's. 

19 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

True, but I am starting to think that Elway has a quick trigger when it comes to yanking QB's. Some of these QB's seem way too young to write off so quickly as NFL flops. Just my opinion but Elway seems pretty impatient with his young QB's. 

I disagree with you... usually these guys show some sort of consistent play with some mental gaffes and a few bad games as they grow. Some may play poorly but have a true command of the team and offense and they just need to figure out the quirks.

Drew Lock hasn’t been any of those things. Lock’s play is backup level thus far and his development, in MY opinion could lead him as a NFL caliber starter but not much beyond. And he’d routinely likely be in the back part of “NFL caliber starter” ranks and moreso in the “NFL solid back up” ranks. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I disagree with you... usually these guys show some sort of consistent play with some mental gaffes and a few bad games as they grow. Some may play poorly but have a true command of the team and offense and they just need to figure out the quirks.

Drew Lock hasn’t been any of those things. Lock’s play is backup level thus far and his development, in MY opinion could lead him as a NFL caliber starter but not much beyond. And he’d routinely likely be in the back part of “NFL caliber starter” ranks and moreso in the “NFL solid back up” ranks. 

Lock is still only 24 years old...I haven't seen enough of him to say how good or bad he is, I do know he's shown flashes of being both. That being said, how can these teams continue to take QB's high in the draft and then write them off by the age of 24? You might be right, Lock might eventually be labeled a bust....but I just can't figure out how so many young QB's are being written off at such a young age. 

Just now, kingdaddy said:

Lock is still only 24 years old...I haven't seen enough of him to say how good or bad he is, I do know he's shown flashes of being both. That being said, how can these teams continue to take QB's high in the draft and then write them off by the age of 24? You might be right, Lock might eventually be labeled a bust....but I just can't figure out how so many young QB's are being written off at such a young age. 

Better to move on than waste time. It could even be the fit within the building.

Generally the plan is very likely to see if the guy makes sense in the building even if he hasn’t performed and upgrade if you can and the price is worth it... otherwise continue to see what you have.

In the case of Rosen, Haskins, etc., they clearly weren’t fits with their teams and were likely over drafted and positioned poorly because of it. I feel the same with Lock. 

• Like 1