Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

7 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Brandon Scherff, 19 overall pick this year, first round pick next year to Green Bay for Aaron Rodgers? I never got into playing Madden on the Video Game Machines but I imagine this is kind of what it's like?

I did think earlier, #19 plus Scherff, how far does that get you up the first round if you want to move for a QB.

We did offer a 1 and 3 for Stafford, so maybe..

Our #19, a third , plus Scherff...might get you quite a way up the board...

Just idle scenarios really.

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

I reckon that reduces our chances of getting him back on a long term deal. My guess is that we have made our top offer already.

17 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I did think earlier, #19 plus Scherff, how far does that get you up the first round if you want to move for a QB.

We did offer a 1 and 3 for Stafford, so maybe..

Our #19, a third , plus Scherff...might get you quite a way up the board...

Just idle scenarios really.

I reckon that reduces our chances of getting him back on a long term deal. My guess is that we have made our top offer already.

Just me but IF we did truly offer him to be the highest paid OG in the NFL and he turned it down I would trade him to the highest bidder and fill the hole with the best FA or draft pick.  IF a player on THIS TEAM see they can get over with RR like this it WILL happen again.  I would nip it in the bud NOW!  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Just me but IF we did truly offer him to be the highest paid OG in the NFL and he turned it down I would trade him to the highest bidder and fill the hole with the best FA or draft pick.  IF a player on THIS TEAM see they can get over with RR like this it WILL happen again.  I would nip it in the bud NOW!  

My guess would be we offered him the highest total OG contract, but much like the Amari Cooper situation, significantly less guaranteed money. Complete guess.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

My guess would be we offered him the highest total OG contract, but much like the Amari Cooper situation, significantly less guaranteed money. Complete guess.

You may be spot on if we did do that than our FO is cheap to a degree.  If you're going to FT a player and offer make him the highest paid OG in the NFL finish the job and don't be cheap about it.

43 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

• Thanks 1

Thuney basically has 48mil guaranteed through 3 years. Scherff can get at least that in 2022, plus the 18mil this year. So he can all but fully guarantee himself 65-70mil over the next 4 years. 

Not sure how you manufacture a LTD out of that this season.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

According to pft, Atlanta in talks over trading the 4th overall pick, 19 +Sherff +1 of our 3rds get it done?. 

Hey Mark.  Just a kind word here this is a hope that you have and not something that is being reported.  Is this correct?  Cause if it's a hope you might want to specify as such.  With all due respect, my friend.  :)  

11 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Link please

It doesn't say we are interested in the 4th pick, I was just asking if what I said was a good enough offer that's all, sorry if I have done something wrong. 

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

According to pft, Atlanta in talks over trading the 4th overall pick, 19 +Sherff +1 of our 3rds get it done?. 

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Hey Mark.  Just a kind word here this is a hope that you have and not something that is being reported.  Is this correct?  Cause if it's a hope you might want to specify as such.  With all due respect, my friend.  :)  

Just now, markmills67 said:

It doesn't say we are interested in the 4th pick, I was just asking if what I said was a good enough offer that's all, sorry if I have done something wrong. 

I will attempt to interpret this, for those unsure. Correct me if I'm wrong, Mark.

But PFT is the source saying Atlanta is shopping that pick.

The part about us offering the above, or anything at all, is simply speculation.

1 hour ago, Fresh8686 said:

With his injury history im pretty confident that the guaranteed money rather than the overall dollars is the main sticking point in getting a deal done. 

Right, which is why reporting it as a “leagues highest paid guard” contract is most likely misleading. Possibly even a (poor) negotiating tactic from the team, though we are much less open to the media now so maybe not. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I will attempt to interpret this, for those unsure. Correct me if I'm wrong, Mark.

The part about us offering the above, or anything at all, is simply speculation.

Yes just purely speculation buddy 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

MD, I think I explained that to Mark.  You backed it up.  Thanks.  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Brandon Scherff, 19 overall pick this year, first round pick next year to Green Bay for Aaron Rodgers? I never got into playing Madden on the Video Game Machines but I imagine this is kind of what it's like?

I think everyone on this board would do that and more in a heartbeat to get Rodgers. He immediately makes this team a Super Bowl Contender. 

3 hours ago, markmills67 said:

Not for Lance. No thanks. 

18 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I think everyone on this board would do that and more in a heartbeat to get Rodgers. He immediately makes this team a Super Bowl Contender. 

Not for Lance. No thanks. 

Would probably be for Fields. But I don’t think that gets it done.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Damn. Jets got 3 draft picks for that bum. Including a second rounder. Ridiculous. 

Maybe if Cousins was as good as Darnold, we could have gotten a nice haul.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2
  • Riggo-toni changed the title to The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed