Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

A bit premature perhaps, but I figure we can start putting wish lists, cap figures, and speculation for next year here, whilst using the 2020 thread for grading how the various signings turned out. 

Gone

Darby

Kevin Pierre Lewis

Nick Sundberg

Fabian Moreau

Franchised 

Scherff

Signed

Ryan Fitzpatrick

William Jackson

Curtis Samuel

David "hold the" Mayo

Tyler Larsen

Adam Humphries (WR)

Daryl Roberts (CB)

DeAndre Carter (KR)

Charles "not Jay" Leno (LT, former pro bowler)

Bobby "not John" McCain

Ricky Seals-Jones (TE)

Edited by Riggo-toni
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Watching last weekend's playoff games may give fans a different perspective on the readiness of the WFT to compete at that level.  Upgrading the talent level is a must but I'm leery of bringing in super-expensive stars to fill needs.  My hope is for reasonable contracts and more "prove it" acquisitions to maintain the blue collar attitude being developed by Rivera and Del Rio.  It's going to be an interesting offseason - hopefully of substance rather than headlines.        

Our current cap space is 34mil against the cap floor of 175mil. That takes into account our carry forward from 2020.

Moving on from Alex Smith creates another 13/14mil in space.

We haven’t re-signed key free agents, Scherff and Darby the main two. That would offset the Smith saving.

Talk is that the floor may not be the figure they roll with. Speculation is that it may land 20mil higher than the 175mil.

Considering we have recently carried 15-20mil as an in season buffer, realistically our cap budget on externally targeted-acquired free agents is in the 20–40mil range, depending on how far above that 175mil the cap lands.

As an example, Roullier got 4years/40mil and his year one cap hit was ~5mil.

• Thanks 1

Let's spend some money. :D 

My hypothetical FA class: Brandon Scherff (OL), Ronald Darby (CB), KJ Wright (LB), Curtis Samuel (WR), Zach Ertz (TE), Tyrod Taylor (QB)

Not sure if that math works. But if it does, how would you all feel about that class? 

Draft targets would be LB, RB, WR, FS, OL.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Let's spend some money. :D 

My hypothetical FA class: Brandon Scherff (OL), Ronald Darby (CB), KJ Wright (LB), Curtis Samuel (WR), Zach Ertz (TE), Tyrod Taylor (QB)

Not sure if that math works. But if it does, how would you all feel about that class? 

Draft targets would be LB, RB, WR, FS, OL.

No way to tyrod Taylor thanks

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Our current cap space is 34mil against the cap floor of 175mil. That takes into account our carry forward from 2020.

Moving on from Alex Smith creates another 13/14mil in space.

We haven’t re-signed key free agents, Scherff and Darby the main two. That would offset the Smith saving.

Talk is that the floor may not be the figure they roll with. Speculation is that it may land 20mil higher than the 175mil.

Considering we have recently carried 15-20mil as an in season buffer, realistically our cap budget on externally targeted-acquired free agents is in the 20–40mil range, depending on how far above that 175mil the cap lands.

As an example, Roullier got 4years/40mil and his year one cap hit was ~5mil.

I am still shocked how much Roullier’s 4 year deal is worth.

10 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

I am still shocked how much Roullier’s 4 year deal is worth.

Yeah I would agree. 

Interestingly we gave him a 9mil signing bonus in 2020 which is prorated over the length of the contract, plus he is getting another 3mil bonus 2021 which does the same.

That implies to me we are pushing money out, with a view to spending big this offseason.

57 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Yeah I would agree. 

Interestingly we gave him a 9mil signing bonus in 2020 which is prorated over the length of the contract, plus he is getting another 3mil bonus 2021 which does the same.

That implies to me we are pushing money out, with a view to spending big this offseason.

Coach is definitely looking to sign a high profile WR evident by the push to sign Amari Cooper last offseason.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Coach is definitely looking to sign a high profile WR evident by the push to sign Amari Cooper last offseason.

Agreed. We will get a big weapon for our QB. I think we sign Allen Robinson and bring in Trubisky on a prove it deal to compete for a starting job.

I know DWatson is more of a trade talk. I doubt we have the resources to get him, but I would see what the asking price is.

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, method man said:

Why does everyone want Ertz? The dude is washed. I'd rather use that money to give Thomas an extension. 

Yeah, Errz is done.  He’s the type of TE we don’t want.  He’s a horrible blocker.  

40 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

Mark Ingram just got released. He would be a better option then Barber.

Was just going to say this. I'd definitely sign Ingram for $4-5M. Cheap, experienced, better than Barber. Plugs a hole on the roster.

40 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Yeah, Errz is done.  He’s the type of TE we don’t want.  He’s a horrible blocker.  

Haven't followed him. Did he fall off that rapidly? Was a Pro Bowler 2017 through 2019 and was injured this past year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, method man said:

Why does everyone want Ertz? The dude is washed. I'd rather use that money to give Thomas an extension. 

because we need a backup TE

overall, with the current cap likely to generate plenty of cuts, who would folks like to see signed  who might fill slots and let us get comp picks

No thanks on Ingram. I don't desire a 30 anything at RB, and I would not pay someone 5 mil to replace Barber.

We need someone who can bellcow a bit, so Gibson does not have to.

Barber's role is simply short yardage.... and hes honestly kind of a stud at it. He just gives you nothing as a bellcow.

A 5th or 6th rounder would get the job done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

No thanks on Ingram. I don't desire a 30 anything at RB, and I would not pay someone 5 mil to replace Barber.

Barber's role is simply short yardage.... and hes honestly kind of a stud at it. He just gives you nothing as a bellcow.

If you need a yard, Barber will get you two.  If you need three yards, Barber will get you two.

• Haha 9

5 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I agree that a mid or low round pick could do this.  But if Ingram was significantly cheaper he might be worth grabbing.  He average 4.2 yds a carry last season, though only on 72 carries

I don’t think David gets away from TB.  He’s the only one I’d really fire up Redskins One for (or is it Football Team One now?)

Extend Allen.  Bring back Darby and Scherff.  Pierre-Louis too if he has minimal outside interest.  Bring in C Davis, Hilton (Pitt CB), Geoff Swaim, and Walker JR.  Similar to last year’s approach.  Get a safety and RB in the draft.