Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

3 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

final roster, probably, but that still leaves you with five guys that played consistent reps there last season.

I think we pick up a WR in the draft too, but I'd be pretty confident that one of the leading skills they will be looking for is KR ability or projects well to contribute on STs like Terry.

I actually think we add two receivers in the draft/post draft FA. A boundary guy to compete with big Sims/Harmon and a slot that can handle return duties (though that’s what we signed Carter to do I believe)

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I commend you for your perseverance in fully spelling that name.

Especially these days. Most people would have resorted to the initials "JOK"

Actually that acronym sounds a lot like an appropriate term for him

Depends on whether it's a short or long O, and whether he busts like Chase Young.

• Haha 2

If the 49ers take Jones, then the draft’s intrigue will begin with the Atlanta Falcons with the fourth overall pick. They could take Fields or Lance, but the problem with drafting a quarterback is that financially they are locked in to Matt Ryan for the next two years. If they opt for a position player, Oregon offensive tackle Penei Sewell or Florida tight end Kyle Pitts would make sense, but could team owner Arthur Blank get involved and push for Fields?

Teams interested in Fields or Lance could trade up to draft one with the fourth pick, but at this point it seems more likely Atlanta will stay put.

Where will Fields and Lance end up?

The Detroit Lions could take one of the remaining QBs at No. 7 overall. The same is true for the Denver Broncos, and both teams are candidates to trade up, although the Broncos are looking for more of a veteran quarterback to challenge Drew Lock. Don’t count out the Patriots trading up from the 15th pick to get one of the two remaining quarterbacks, either.

How many defensive players will be drafted in the first 12 picks?

Without question, this draft will be dominated early by offensive selections. Normally, the split between offense and defense is closer to 50-50, but that won’t be the case this year. There might be only one safety, one defensive tackle, three or four edge rushers, two or three linebackers and four cornerbacks with first-round grades.

Combine that with the fact that there are top prospects at premium positions like quarterback, wide receiver and offensive tackle, and there could be as few as two defensive players taken in the first 12 picks.

Will there be more trades than normal early in the draft?

Because of how many good offensive players are in this draft, teams might be more willing to trade down to get more picks. Take offensive tackle as an example. Sewell is clearly the best, but there are several good players in the next tier in Rashawn Slater from Northwestern, Alijah Vera-Tucker from USC and Christian Darrisaw from Virginia Tech.

Pitts, who might be the best pass-catcher in the entire draft, and LSU wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase should go in the top six, but teams looking to draft receivers might move down knowing good receivers could drop out of the first round because of the other players available. It’s a good, deep draft for wideouts.

Will there be more trades than normal late in the draft, too?

Expect more teams to try to trade out of this year’s draft to get choices for next year. That should start in the fourth round, if not sooner. This is an unusual draft. There was no scouting combine. General managers and scouts could only go to college workouts to see prospects, with no workouts at team facilities. Many college seasons were shortened, and as many as seven players who opted out of last season because of the pandemic could go in the first round.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/04/08/nfl-draft-2021-questions-mac-jones/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=wp_sports

30 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I doubt the Lions go QB. They have Goff and they need to build the entire roster from the ground up. They'll probably go QB next year when they have multiple picks and will probably be picking in the top 5 anyway.

Yeah, Lions should trade back if the opportunity presents itself........maybe with us.........

2 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

It’s interesting that we let go of Caleb Brantley who opted out but not Josh Harvey Clemons. Also kind of surprised that Moss got cut. 

It's not terribly interesting to me that we let go of a mediocre player at a position we are extremely strong at instead of a mediocre player at a position we are extremely weak at.

Moss was overrated by the fanbase. Kids of superstars usually are.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

It's not terribly interesting to me that we let go of a mediocre player at a position we are extremely strong at instead of a mediocre player at a position we are extremely weak at.

Moss was overrated by the fanbase. Kids of superstars usually are.

T.Moss is fat, slow, and lazy.  He was never making the roster except for maybe his Dad's fantasy football team.

• Like 1

Just now, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I did a double take on those names.  Anyone know the reason why this is a thing?

It's just housekeeping. Equal to your mom yelling you to clean your room. 

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

Harsh words lol. Did he also kick your dog?

I love dogs!  Plus my dog is lean, fast, and can catch anything!

3 hours ago, mh86 said:

Not very surprised, except for maybe moss.

Brantley surprises me

2 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Moss was probably days away from being cut before he got injured and put on IR.  Coaches kept yelling at him in practice, and not in the good way.  More of a lack of focus, effort, intensity way.

I hadn't heard about that.  I saw him as a PS guy and so maybe a third stringer this year

12 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

I still have suspicion the team is high on JHC 

I'm a hopeful type too, but he was clearly a go-to for opposing QBs last time he was playing. Not that the assignments were easy, per se. 

I just don't think he has "it". 

It was clear as a rookie that Holcomb did, and needed the development time (training and coaching). 

A lot of times, I think it's easy enough to see that imaginary line as to whether a player has what it takes to be a starter. 

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It wouldn't be a bad idea to bring back Richard Rodgers. He would be nice depth at TE.

Philly swiped him from us last year, and he really had some shining moments in 2020.

He's back to being a FA now, as Philly hasn't re-signed him.

He couldn't make the roster over Baugh and Sprinkle last year. Why would we bring him back?