Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

Its gonna be a while before he can do anything other than "monster go get football" in goal-line situations.

I'm cool w/ him as a TE3, learning the ropes and growing over time, but I'd have no expectations that this guy can develop even decent blocking, alignment and recognition skills needed to pick up heat in a live game anytime soon. Switching protections, handing off rushers, there are guys with years in the league that struggle with that stuff. 

7 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

If he becomes TE3, he’s going to have to learn teams. So he’ll be contributing sooner than later.

I like that. If he can contribute there, he has a great opportunity to hang around and learn. I'm pulling for em

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, method man said:

It makes all the sense in the world to go get Daniel Fells. As a former basketball player who carved out a long pro career and still has it as a great blocker, he'd be a great mentor to Reyes and is a legit TE2

Am I missing something?

His Wikipedia says he's 37 and hasn't played since 2015.

23 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Really ? They friggin love our LB' :

Lavar Arrington

Antonio Pierce

Keenan Robinson

and now Anderson...

or more ?

Since we need a new team name, might as well call us the Washington Giant Linebacker Factory

Are you being serious or messing with me? You're here more than anyone didn't you notice after we signed mayo they signed Anderson

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Are you being serious or messing with me? You're here more than anyone didn't you notice after we signed mayo they signed Anderson

The last 2 or 3 weeks, I havn't been nearly as active, so I'm sure I missed a few things.

So who won that linebacker trade with NY : Anderson for Mayo ?

It's weird. I remember last year, Anderson literally said that he loved Rivera so much, that he'd "run through a wall for him".

I guess Rivera took him up on that offer, and told him when he runs through that wall at Redskins Park, to keep running and don't come back.

We seem to do better with Alabama DL's than Alabama LB's.

Both the DL's, Allen and Payne, turned into studs.

And both the LB's, SDH and Anderson are already gone.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

We seem to do better with Alabama DL's than LB's.

Both the DL's, Allen and Payne, turned into studs.

And both the LB's, SDH and Anderson are already gone.

Since RR & Co. didn't have anything to do with drafting any of the holdover LB'ers, they had to see what they had and try to build the squad from the ground up.  They drafted Khaleke Hudson in the 5th round last year.  I'd expect him to get coached up and play more meaningful snaps if he shows improvement.  We should expect a high pick of their highest graded LB'er in a draft scenario where it makes good sense to pull the trigger.  #19 pick might be too high for Zaven Collins so they could trade back a few slots and pick him up.  They have a plan for each position of need and these coaches know LB'ers.  I'd anticipated improvement in LB position group in year 2.  Also expecting the Defense to peak in year 3. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Your asking an idahoan this?

I once met a man from Idaho.

Asked about a football trade, he had nil to show.

So I asked him, Sir, what exactly do you know ?

He said, Let me tell you what I grow.

Yo,

The fields I mow,

they start from zero.

Then the seeds I sow,

and lay in a row.

All, for this wonderful potato.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I once met a man from Idaho.

When asked about a football trade, he had nil to show.

So I asked him, Sir, what exactly do you know ?

He said, Let me tell you what I grow.

Yo,

The fields I mow,

they start from zero.

Then the seeds I sow,

and lay in a row.

All, for this wonderful potato.

Lol..right ****ing on man..this is funny..I like it..seriously, not being sarcastic 

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

James Conner at that deal he got from Arizona would have been absolutely perfect for us.

Excellent pick up for the cardinals 

Damn I would love to have seen gibson and connor back there

• Like 3

11 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

So, our scouts are scouting guys from other sports to turn them into TE's????

Gotta love it. 

The entire TE roster is basically non-TEs. Logan Thomas played QB in college, Dylan Cantrell was a WR, Tyrone Swoopes was a college QB, and now Sammis Reyes. That leaves Marcus Baugh as the only collegiate TE on the roster. It's an interesting group

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Jericho said:

The entire TE roster is basically non-TEs. Logan Thomas played QB in college, Dylan Cantrell was a WR, Tyrone Swoopes was a college QB, and now Sammis Reyes. That leaves Marcus Baugh as the only collegiate TE on the roster. It's an interesting group

No true TE's and only one QB drafted and that was in the 7th round...who'd a thunk it

11 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Connor doesn't really catch out of the backfield does he? Doesn't really fit our scheme.

I have a brother and other friends who believe Conner is somewhat damaged goods since he suffered a shoulder injury. For him to sign that cheap it tells me there wasn't much interest in him. I wonder if he's even a lock to make the Cards roster? We can do better than signing James Conner...and I love how he plays. 

22 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

Any thoughts about Beau Benzschawel ? I was expecting some comments but just crickets since. Is he just camp fodder do we think?

Like most WI linemen, he is limited athletically but a mauler in a phone booth.  I see most FA pickups from this staff the same, they are looking to create as much competition as possible.  I see this as competition with Ismael for the swing C/G roster position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

I have a brother and other friends who believe Conner is somewhat damaged goods since he suffered a shoulder injury. For him to sign that cheap it tells me there wasn't much interest in him. I wonder if he's even a lock to make the Cards roster? We can do better than signing James Conner...and I love how he plays. 

I mean the Steelers run game was complete crap last year. There is a reason he was let go.