Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

27 minutes ago, Panninho said:

He couldn't make the roster over Baugh and Sprinkle last year. Why would we bring him back?

It looks to me like it was a mistake to cut him. Not that he’s great by any means, but I’m sure he’d be worthy enough of an offseason chance again.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

It looks to me like it was a mistake to cut him. Not that he’s great by any means, but I’m sure he’d be worthy enough of an offseason chance again.

While that might be true he still lost the camp battle to two below average TEs. Might also be that he doesn't fit the scheme, who knows. Just think that they'd rather try someone else and Rodgers probably also would like to try his luck somewhere else.

Edited by Panninho
  • Like 2

On 4/9/2021 at 5:53 PM, carex said:

Brantley surprises me

Me too. I do wonder what the story is with some of these players. Moss, SDH, and now Brantley. In Moss' case it's probably that he has never any good to begin with. But with both Brantley and SDH, they spent good time on the 53 man roster and were cheap. Why not at least bring those players to training camp? I get that Brantley might not make the final 53 at a deep position, but you have about 40 guys you'll cut. Surely he's better then some of them.

9 hours ago, Jericho said:

Me too. I do wonder what the story is with some of these players. Moss, SDH, and now Brantley. In Moss' case it's probably that he has never any good to begin with. But with both Brantley and SDH, they spent good time on the 53 man roster and were cheap. Why not at least bring those players to training camp? I get that Brantley might not make the final 53 at a deep position, but you have about 40 guys you'll cut. Surely he's better then some of them.

Maybe they let him go early so he can catch on with another team now. Since most likely he wasn't making the squad.

With Payne, Allen, Settle, and also Ioannidis returning, Washington is pretty set in the middle.

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Maybe they let him go early so he can catch on with another team now. Since most likely he wasn't making the squad.

With Payne, Allen, Settle, and also Ioannidis returning, Washington is pretty set in the middle.

sometime Rivera likes to keep 9 DL

• Like 1

Brantley isn’t exactly a culture guy, right? If that spot isn’t likely to be active on gameday, it might as well be a kickass culture guy UDFA type who can grow or be let go, rather than a borderline vet who seems to have peaked. 

41 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Why are our fans still obsessed with Richard Rodgers? Washington didn't want him, Philly doesn't want him now... Jeremy Sprinkle got signed by a rival team sooner than Richard Rodgers did lmao

‘obsessed’.....this place loves an overreaction....:rofl89:

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Why are our fans still obsessed with Richard Rodgers? Washington didn't want him, Philly doesn't want him now... Jeremy Sprinkle got signed by a rival team sooner than Richard Rodgers did lmao

To be fair, that’s partly because younger JAGs cost less than older JAGs, that’s how vet min works. They both stink although Rodgers has slightly more utility in the receiving game. A few fans in here advocating that he’d make better depth than the scrubs we had isn’t being “obsessed” though lol

37 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

To be fair, that’s partly because younger JAGs cost less than older JAGs, that’s how vet min works. They both stink although Rodgers has slightly more utility in the receiving game. A few fans in here advocating that he’d make better depth than the scrubs we had isn’t being “obsessed” though lol

For 3/4 of last season and the offseason, Rodgers was being called "the one that got away" and should have been kept. For someone who caught 2 TDs and 300 yards over an entire season, yes, the constant desire to bring back a 29 year old who never made it past the preseason on this team and is now unwanted by any NFL team is an obsession.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Never heard of richard Rodgers 

3 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Exactly, not sure why fans are still stuck on past potential with guys Bryce Love or Reuben Foster.  Who knows what these guys may become, but who really cares.  

Edited by SAli457180
  • Like 2

Interesting. Probably nothing, but if there’s anyone who could cut through the firewall that’s seemingly been built around our FO’s decision-making since we cleaned house, I would believe that it could be Allbright. His info is usually good and even the rumors he floats have a decent history of turning out to be prescient, he doesn’t really BS. But this could also just be a guess on his part based on the rest of our roster being “QB ready” and Fitzpatrick having a history of being the perfect bridge QB. Interesting either way.

• Like 4

I wouldn’t worry much about Thad Moss. He may end up elsewhere and blossom but I didn’t see anything special from his tape to warrant emotions. 

Plus, it’s a good sign this team is now in position to move on from under-performers. Hopefully the era of keeping guys like Monta Nicholson around for 3 years is over.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dyst said:

I wouldn’t worry much about Thad Moss. He may end up elsewhere and blossom but I didn’t see anything special from his tape to warrant emotions. 

Plus, it’s a good sign this team is now in position to move on from under-performers. Hopefully the era of keeping guys like Monta Nicholson around for 3 years is over.

I mean he went UDFA for a reason. He'll bounce around because of his last name, that's it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dyst said:

he hasn't performed yet and we need at least two TEs (I'm talking PS depth for more than two)