Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

Montae Nicholson's highlight video was 40% him celebrating on the sidelines and fist-bumping other people when they made an interception. Jeremy Sprinkle's highlight video is going to be him standing at the corner of the screen when Alex Smith is shaking hands with the other team's QB.

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I don't know if it's been discussed, but Bears are talking trade, for Anthony Miller.

I'd be interested in testing the negotiations.

The only blemish he has, that I know of, is when he sucker punched a guy in a game.

He can be a quality complementary piece of a offense, but I don't know why on this planet we should look to add more slot WRs (Miller took 86% of his snaps in the slot)

Samuel

Humphries

Sims Jr

Wright

Miller?

Giving up assets for a quality slot WR would be like giving up assets for a quality DT at this point. When you can fill out those two positions with Allen, Payne, Settle, Io and Brantley you'd be ignoring other parts of your team that could benefit more from a talent influx.

Unless the idea is to convert someone to an outside WR, which would seem silly, I don't see the need to give up assets for Miller.

• Like 1

I wouldn't give up a lot for Miller.

But the depth and competition he could provide would be valuable if the price is low enough.

And I actually could envision him on the outside, possibly making that conversion

Even if he's more of a slot, Sims Jr may not be back, and Miller could be an upgrade over him. Humphries is there, but he's coming off an injury apparently, so I would be ok with securing depth there

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I would be ok with securing depth there

I'm pretty sure Logan led all NFL TEs in slot receptions. McK can flex out and give you reps there easy as can Gibby. There is depth and then there is the Marianas Trench

If you give peanuts, then it don't matter tho

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

You are inflating his stats.

He literally had just 1 catch all year, for 6 yard gain.

That's it.

I was counting the wildcard game as well, when he broke out for 1 catch and 8 yards against the Bucs. 

• Like 1

Anthony Miller is an upgrade to Steven Sims, most definitely.  Totally underutilized in Chicago imo. 26yrs old. 2021 would be his 4th year so his contract would be up after this year.  You gotta remember that Humphries is injury prone and getting paid peanuts so he's far from a long term answer there. I think it's obvious they want to play Samuel on the outside as well as the slot and use all 3 everywhere. But if Humphries (I think he's missed 16 of the last 32 games) isn't available or isn't good, you have no other great option. We do need a permanent slot or permanent outside WR and it sounds like they are leaning slot.

Question:  Is there any free agent linebacker out there that the Washington talent acquisition team actually wanted to sign?  Scheme-fixes aside, linebackers seem like an important component of any defense, and it seems no improvements have been made to an area of last season's defense that seemed the most exploitable by opponents.

Perhaps Washington's FO feels the return of Landon Collins will resolve last season's LB vulnerabilities?   Or does Washington think it will find all its LB solutions in the draft?

I ask, because it seems like Washington has done almost nothing to bolster its linebacking group, and now most of the well-regarded FA LBs have been signed by other teams.

Edited by Wyvern

6 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

He can be a quality complementary piece of a offense, but I don't know why on this planet we should look to add more slot WRs (Miller took 86% of his snaps in the slot)

Samuel

Humphries

Sims Jr

Wright

Miller?

Giving up assets for a quality slot WR would be like giving up assets for a quality DT at this point. When you can fill out those two positions with Allen, Payne, Settle, Io and Brantley you'd be ignoring other parts of your team that could benefit more from a talent influx.

Unless the idea is to convert someone to an outside WR, which would seem silly, I don't see the need to give up assets for Miller.

Sims and Wright are likely not long for the roster if Humphries is healthy. 

I’m willing to bet the WFT will target a slot receiver in the draft if they get the opportunity. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

Question:  Is there any free agent linebacker out there that the Washington talent acquisition team actually wanted to sign?  Scheme-fixes aside, linebackers seem like an important component of any defense, and it seems no improvements have been made to an area of last season's defense that seemed the most exploitable by opponents.

Perhaps Washington's FO feels the return of Landon Collins will resolve last season's LB vulnerabilities?   Or does Washington think it will find all its LB solutions in the draft?

I ask, because it seems like Washington has done almost nothing to bolster its linebacking group, and now most of the well-regarded FA LBs have been signed by other teams.

Most posters and media believe their plan at LB is to grab one in the first two days of the draft and possibly another on day 3.

Your LB question becomes legit if they trade away most of their picks to move up for a QB. Their have been a few mentioned as possible fits but non seem to be great fits. A few possible FA targets would be KJ Wright, BJ Goodson, Neville Hewitt and  recovering Kwon Alexander. 

There may be some roster cuts coming before the draft adding to the list. Also the possibility of trades are always there with the one mentioned being with the Jets for CJ Mosley.

If they had to sign someone today on a one or two year deal KJ Wright, even though an elder statesman would probably be the best option.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If Roberts is supposed to be Moreau's replacement, that is a definite downgrade.

I hope he's expected to be further down the ladder than Moreau was.

Both moves at CB show the team will like to run more man concepts next year. There is definitely a method to what they are doing. 

Size and man skills is what they sought. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Master Blaster said:

Both moves at CB show the team will like to run more man concepts next year. There is definitely a method to what they are doing. 

Size and man skills is what they sought. 

Yep I think so too. When you can get a pass rush like ours it makes sense to play tight press man coverage to force quick bad throws.

Also means I think whatever LB we get has to be able to run with TEs downfield in man coverage.

34 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep I think so too. When you can get a pass rush like ours it makes sense to play tight press man coverage to force quick bad throws.

Also means I think whatever LB we get has to be able to run with TEs downfield in man coverage.

I think we will see a 4-2 big nickel or 46 defense as base so Curl will handle the TE’s 

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah in the draft would fit that mold.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, KDawg said:

Sims and Wright are likely not long for the roster if Humphries is healthy. 

I’m willing to bet the WFT will target a slot receiver in the draft if they get the opportunity. 

final roster, probably, but that still leaves you with five guys that played consistent reps there last season.

I think we pick up a WR in the draft too, but I'd be pretty confident that one of the leading skills they will be looking for is KR ability or projects well to contribute on STs like Terry.