Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

16 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

18 weeks?

17 games plus a bye.

18 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Right. Week 18.

Not necessarily, it could slot in anywhere in the schedule, they haven’t been finalized yet. There will be 18 weeks of regular season football, but the extra game doesn’t have to be the last game. It’s just the additional “17th game” on top of the old 16 game schedule formula.

3 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Not necessarily, it could slot in anywhere in the schedule, they haven’t been finalized yet. There will be 18 weeks of regular season football, but the extra game doesn’t have to be the last game. It’s just the additional “17th game” on top of the old 16 game schedule formula.

I know. I just wanted to keep that whole thing going.

• Haha 3

So, i know we now have only 3 preseason games. So, how does the league decide now which teams get 2 home preseason games and which teams get 1 home preseason game? It’s not going to be 2 home 2 away anymore. 

i know in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter much since it’s preseason, but still 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, i know we now have only 3 preseason games. So, how does the league decide now which teams get 2 home preseason games and which teams get 1 home preseason game? It’s not going to be 2 home 2 away anymore. 

i know in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter much since it’s preseason, but still 

They will probably go by conference. The 18th game home team will be decided by conference (so change every year), so will probably the two preseason games.

1 hour ago, Panninho said:

They will probably go by conference. The 18th game home team will be decided by conference (so change every year), so will probably the two preseason games.

I’d guess if your 17th game is away, you get two home preseason games. If your 17th is home you get 2 away preseason games.

• Like 1

The first place schedule thing isn't always a bad thing. For example this year we play the Seahawks and Saints who were 1st, but in the NFC West I'd venture the Rams and 49ers are probably going to be better this year(hell even the Cards might). In the NFC South the Bucs are definitely better and the Saints might drop off hard enough without Brees that even the Falcons overtake them.

At the end of the day we have no idea who will be good or bad. Hell who thought we'd beat the Steelers and 49ers on the road this time last year?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

If we’re gonna be a good football team we’re gonna have to beat other good football teams. We shouldn’t be afraid to play anybody. Bring on the Bills.

I know what you’re saying. And there’s an argument (precedent) that sharpening your blade against good teams makes you stronger. It can. And it can also derail something that never allows it to get off the ground.

The Bills have turned it around. But if you look at their journey, which includes making the playoffs unexpectedly in the first year, they enjoyable a very favourable pathway - few games against teams with winning records. Last year they finally won some big games in convincing fashion. Now we expect them to.

Sometimes, you just need to start winning consistently first, so that you learn how to (long-term).

I don’t have a preference. Football gods decide that narrative 😂

Edited by Die Hard

1 hour ago, carex said:

I thought they were going for neutral sites, like the London games

I think every team has to do 1 international game within an 8-year span from 2022 on. You can protect certain games like divisional games and the international games are supposed to be hosted by the teams who have an additional home game that season.

13 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

It’s probably best for this team. I don’t want another cream puff schedule

You can never really predict though.  Especially this far out.  Some teams you expect to be bad will be good and some teams you expect to be good won't be.  Happens every year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, London Kev said:

I would be so happy if they did (my best mate is Bills fan), but I doubt if they have any international games again this year.

Yeah it's been 5 years since WFT last rollled into London. I'm hoping for another one soon.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

that’s presented a bit differently online, I think the upshot being if he doesn’t make the roster it’s a 630k dead cap hit, otherwise he’s costing just around 1.5mil this year.

odd that we didn’t think Moreau wasn’t worth similar, if not less money.

small deals either way.

17 games and a Super Bowl in mid-February (which is prime NHL and NBA time) are going to backfire.  When the final gun sounds on the SB, "two weeks" should not be the answer to the question "how long until catchers and pitchers report?".  Keep 16 games and play the SB by January 31.  Get rid of the 4th preseason game and the bye week.  Or, what the hell, just get drunk AF and make as many destructive changes as possible.  Why delay the inevitable?  Go to 40 teams and a 20-game schedule.  Make it international and year-round, right TF now.  Oh, and everybody except the last-place team in each division gets into the playoffs and make each round a best of 3.  NFL all year long.  So much $$$ cuz that's what it's all about!  The Heck with whether it's watchable.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Jesus. Tyler Lockett got a 4 year deal just under 70 mil for an average of a little over 17 a year. Lock up McLaurin now before the demands are too high. 

just about to post similar.

don’t you have to be 3 years into a rookie contract, so one more left for Terry before you could extend?

either way he’s getting the best end of 20mil per year when he racks up another 1,000+ yard season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

just about to post similar.

don’t you have to be 3 years into a rookie contract, so one more left for Terry before you could extend?

either way he’s getting the best end of 20mil per year when he racks up another 1,000+ yard season.

I keep forgetting he's only been here for 2 years. Feels like it's been a decade for some reason.

• Like 1