Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Go look at the 1st round picks the Eagles have made the past several years and you should start to feel better 🤠

Yeah or who the Rams took with our three 1sts from the RG3 trade. People go bonkers over quantity of picks but quality matters more and of course you need people to hit on the picks.

• Riggo-toni changed the title to The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, signed;Sundberg, Darby, KPL, Moreau out
1 minute ago, skinzdar55 said:

FWIW, I wouldn’t hate this move, depending on what WFT would have to give up.

We get linked a lot don’t we :ols: mentioned him again at the weekend, that trade cost is critical. Starting LT though on a base salary little over 3mil...but an UFA in 2022 without new money.

Got to be worth a serious look. Think the price will be lower than you may think IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

We get linked a lot don’t we :ols: mentioned him again at the weekend, that trade cost is critical. Starting LT though on a base salary little over 3mil...but an UFA in 2022 without new money.

Got to be worth a serious look. Think the price will be lower than you may think IMO.

The draft pick perhaps, I would imagine he is looking extension as part of the trade, but just a guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jsharrin55 said:

The draft pick perhaps, I would imagine he is looking extension as part of the trade, but just a guess.

with him being a free agent in 2022, I reckon he just wants to play a season at LT.

although as a trading team, you have to think it’s a risky trade without that long term thinking of getting him a new deal, thing is he hasn’t played enough at that sport to really gauge what contract level he is playing too.

thats why I think he goes for less than you’d imagine, if the Ravens do in fact bite on a trade.

4 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

with him being a free agent in 2022, I reckon he just wants to play a season at LT.

although as a trading team, you have to think it’s a risky trade without that long term thinking of getting him a new deal, thing is he hasn’t played enough at that sport to really gauge what contract level he is playing too.

thats why I think he goes for less than you’d imagine, if the Ravens do in fact bite on a trade.

I think he still gets a 3rd or so.  I wonder if we get to 19 and don't like tackles if they'd do 19 for 27 and Brown.  Still get the 5th year option on a player, don't give up a real player/pick (just shift down) and still have 2/3/3 and have a shot at Collins. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

I think he still gets a 3rd or so.  I wonder if we get to 19 and don't like tackles if they'd do 19 for 27 and Brown.  Still get the 5th year option on a player, don't give up a real player/pick (just shift down) and still have 2/3/3 and have a shot at Collins. 

I think he’s well worth a 3rd, plug in LT who at worst you tag next season. Got to love that tag :rofl89:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skinzdar55 said:

FWIW, I wouldn’t hate this move, depending on what WFT would have to give up.

For a 3rd I'd be all over it.  We have two of them as we know.  I don't think they would do it unless for one of their 3rds.  Just a guess.  RR and Co. seem to be very selective and thrifty.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/orlando-brown-jr-reflects-on-the-worst-combine-ever-cautions-evaluators

I forgot how epically bad Brown’s combine was. 5.85 second forty. 19 inch vert. 14 bench press reps. Ouch. 

Yep historically bad sent him all the way down to the 3rd round I think. He’s put that to bed so far in his short career though.

14 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Yep historically bad sent him all the way down to the 3rd round I think. He’s put that to bed so far in his short career though.

How an Olineman doesnt come out looking solid in that scheme is the bigger challenge. 

Edited by wit33
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Yes, we get linked to many players, every year lol.

It seems that some of the “experts” on various websites(ESPN, NFL Network, etc) are in agreement with you. I’ve seen a couple of videos now with people saying the Ravens would like to get a Laremy Tunsil type deal(who wouldn’t?), but sources in the organization say that it will probably be more in the area of a 3rd round pick.