Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

31 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

There's obviously something we don't like about this guy....trust in RR.

He wants 2 year deal and the Boys are only pushing for a 1 year deal. Who wins out.  Probably Wright.  I agree with your assessment on something they don't see in Wright and not pursuing him.

Honestly, besides sewell...im not sure any tackle in the draft would be better than Orlando brown. For a second rounder for a YOUNG tackle thar dominated as a rt and showed himself to be just a Legit LT as well...its a no brainer for me. I mean, draft wr, lb, in first then a 2nd for Orlando and you exceedingly improve your team. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Honestly, besides sewell...im not sure any tackle in the draft would be better than Orlando brown. For a second rounder for a YOUNG tackle thar dominated as a rt and showed himself to be just a Legit LT as well...its a no brainer for me. I mean, draft wr, lb, in first then a 2nd for Orlando and you exceedingly improve your team. 

My concern is the double impact - giving up a high pick and then paying him big money in the near future - similar concern (on a much lesser scale of course) I had with the idea of trading for Watson/Wilson.  Would be a lot of money on our oline too, though that changes drastically if Scherff walks next year.  Love the idea though of a top tier oline to help our ground game, and to protect Fitz (and hopefully our future qb, some point soon).

• Like 5

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

He wants 2 year deal and the Boys are only pushing for a 1 year deal. Who wins out.  Probably Wright.  I agree with your assessment on something they don't see in Wright and not pursuing him.

KJ Wright is on record saying he’d love to play there so I will be surprised if a deal doesn’t get done.

As an aside, for me we are still coming up short in FA. Honestly, I can only think that we are sitting on a move, whether it be Brown for LT, Ertz for TE, something else, but I am clinging on to that thought. Got to be something we are unaware of.....

I even think Moreau would have been worth a return on that kind of deal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

I would do it for a 2nd but not a 1st. Maybe throw in Collins for salary offsetting 

Edited by PartyPosse

20 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

My concern is the double impact - giving up a high pick and then paying him big money in the near future - similar concern (on a much lesser scale of course) I had with the idea of trading for Watson/Wilson.  Would be a lot of money on our oline too, though that changes drastically if Scherff walks next year.  Love the idea though of a top tier oline to help our ground game, and to protect Fitz (and hopefully our future qb, some point soon).

I think I’m at a 3rd as well, given he’s a unrestricted free agency after this season. Maybe depends what kind of deal he would be willing to take as part of a trade, if you can get him on a reasonable 3 year extension as well, potentially makes it a more viable move.

He would drop right at LT nicely though. 

Another one of those like Scherff, if you value the player enough, just pay them and get on with it.

10 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I would do it for a 2nd but not a 1st. Maybe throw in Collins for salary offsetting 

He’s probably worth a 2nd to be fair. Easily. Giving up a 2nd, then moving back in the draft from #19 to recover a pick would be an option.

Someone also suggested we flip first rounders with the Ravens, our #19 for their #27 I think it is. That is valued at a 3rd so you could balance out with say an early day three pick as well. 

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I think I’m at a 3rd as well, given he’s a unrestricted free agency after this season. Maybe depends what kind of deal he would be willing to take as part of a trade, if you can get him on a reasonable 3 year extension as well, potentially makes it a more viable move.

He would drop right at LT nicely though. 

Another one of those like Scherff, if you value the player enough, just pay them and get on with it.

He’s probably worth a 2nd to be fair. Easily. Giving up a 2nd, then moving back in the draft from #19 to recover a pick would be an option.

Someone also suggested we flip first rounders with the Ravens, our #19 for their #27 I think it is. That is valued at a 3rd so you could balance out with say an early day three pick as well. 

I’d probably do that. Maybe have them throw in a 5th or a 4th next year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

3rd round pick we got for Trent Williams, and no more. 

• Like 2

ESPN Power Rankings

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31135073/nfl-power-rankings-2021-post-free-agency-1-32-poll-plus-which-teams-made-best-offseason-moves

21. New York Giants

Way-too-early ranking: 25gn-arrow.png

Best offseason move: Paying up for WR Kenny Golladay

This was a move the Giants needed to make. They have a young quarterback who needed a No. 1 receiver, and Golladay was the only real option on the market. So while the Giants might have overpaid giving Golladay (a player who comes with questions) a strong deal that pays him $18 million per season, this is about making sure they give Daniel Jones a legitimate chance to succeed. That might not have been possible without landing the former Lions receiver, who has a knack for making contested catches. -- Jordan Raanan

wsh.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

22. Washington Football Team

Way-too-early ranking: 21rd-arrow.png

Best offseason move: Hiring GM Martin Mayhew/VP of personnel Marty Hurney

Washington let talented young executive Kyle Smith leave this offseason -- he worked well with Ron Rivera -- but added two experienced front-office men, plus a third in former GM Chris Polian, to help Rivera. The short-term gains by new signings, such as WR Curtis Samuel, will provide a big boost. But for this team to build a sustainable winning situation it needed more front-office help. Mayhew is adept at dealing with agents, and Hurney knows Rivera well. For many years, Washington's front office and coaching staff weren't on the same page. If this group meshes well over the long haul, Washington has a shot. -- John Keim

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, skinny21 said:

I understand that aspect. But it beats the hell out of a turnstile at a premium position or a complete unknown and bust. Hell I Remember Tom Compton at RT....lol. blue 42 set hike sack is what it seemed like. But let's be real here...the cap can be manipulated as any ive ever seen which we all just witnessed. Cowboys been hamstrung by cap for goodness how long and they have big money on their o line plus signing dak to 40mil contract. All of out qbs are less than...what...20 mil? We can afford to give him 15m a year for 3-4 years while we figure out our qb situation and make it easy for any qb want to come here. 

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

ESPN Power Rankings

wsh.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

22. Washington Football Team

Way-too-early ranking: 21rd-arrow.png

Best offseason move: Hiring GM Martin Mayhew/VP of personnel Marty Hurney

Washington let talented young executive Kyle Smith leave this offseason -- he worked well with Ron Rivera -- but added two experienced front-office men, plus a third in former GM Chris Polian, to help Rivera. The short-term gains by new signings, such as WR Curtis Samuel, will provide a big boost. But for this team to build a sustainable winning situation it needed more front-office help. Mayhew is adept at dealing with agents, and Hurney knows Rivera well. For many years, Washington's front office and coaching staff weren't on the same page. If this group meshes well over the long haul, Washington has a shot. -- John Keim

Nice, after all our offseason moves, we're worse than ever :headbang:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Just bore witness to the big signing recently

Ja'Red Norris

I guess we can call it a wrap at LB, for the offseason.

Gotta keep in mind that we have to be able to sign our own and our talent right now lies in our D along with O.  Need to extend players now before prices go up.  :)

• Like 1

Just now, RWJ said:

Gotta keep in mind that we have to be able to sign our own and our talent right now lies in our D along with O.  Need to extend players now before prices go up.  :)

We won’t be re-signing Allen or Scherff this offseason if I had to bet. They aren’t stupid either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1