Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

11 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I think I’m at a 3rd as well, given he’s a unrestricted free agency after this season. Maybe depends what kind of deal he would be willing to take as part of a trade, if you can get him on a reasonable 3 year extension as well, potentially makes it a more viable move.

He would drop right at LT nicely though. 

Another one of those like Scherff, if you value the player enough, just pay them and get on with it.

He’s probably worth a 2nd to be fair. Easily. Giving up a 2nd, then moving back in the draft from #19 to recover a pick would be an option.

Someone also suggested we flip first rounders with the Ravens, our #19 for their #27 I think it is. That is valued at a 3rd so you could balance out with say an early day three pick as well. 

It was me.  I wouldn't like as much, but 19/51 for 27/58 would low end 2nd rounder on points scale.  You could do a 4th after 19/27 swap, but points wise they'd do better with double swap and we don't lose a actually player by reducing number of picks. 

As you mention later is would depend on what is available at 19 and I'm waiting until then to decide.  Rather have a cheaper option if we like what is there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bacon said:

Nice, after all our offseason moves, we're worse than ever :headbang:

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Power rankings in March....lmfao

They don't even make sense on these shows...

"Fitzpatrick is a definite upgrade for WFT...William Jackson is a definite upgrade...Curtis Samuel is a definite upgrade...I don't even see them winning as many games as they did last year. More like 5-11 this year"

Huh ?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

They don't even make sense on these shows...

"Fitzpatrick is a definite upgrade for WFT...William Jackson is a definite upgrade...Curtis Samuel is a definite upgrade...I don't even see them winning as many games as they did last year. More like 5-11 this year"

Huh ?

Because Philly traded Wentz, Giants signed Golladay and Dallas is getting Dak back so that negates all of our moves apparently. 

Proof that the media will never hop on board with certain franchises until the evidence of them being good is undeniable: I went and looked, the Browns were also at 22 in the early 2020 power rankings. Even though they were a very talented team, the media didn't believe they were going to put it all together because they're the Browns. Well, we're Washington, unfortunately probably viewed in the same light as the Browns before they became a pretty good team. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28593896/2020-nfl-power-rankings-way-too-early-1-32-offseason-poll

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

35 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Because Philly traded Wentz, Giants signed Golladay

Lol, as for the Giants, our win total this year, couldn't possibly become any worse due to them, and our 0-2 record in that matchup from 2020.

Unless the 17th game this year, becomes a 3rd game against the Giants, and we go 0-3 against them.

And we got rid of Alex Smith, so would that offset Philly's subtraction of Wentz ?

7 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Ugh. Not sure where to post this but apparently the 17th game for us is a visit to Buffalo.

I wish they would shuffle the order of things around so that the season still always ends on a divisional matchup, I liked that wrinkle and it made for great rivalry games to determine playoff position or seeding.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I wish they would shuffle the order of things around so that the season still always ends on a divisional matchup, I liked that wrinkle and it made for great rivalry games to determine playoff position or seeding.

Well, they didn't say the 17th week would be the Buffalo game so that's still in play.

• Thanks 1

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Well, they didn't say the 17th week would be the Buffalo game so that's still in play.

True, we don’t know the order of things yet, I should have realized that. Brain fart, thanks for pointing that out 

Man I've been coming back to this page hourly hoping to see an alert of over 30 replies since last visit which would mean we did something.  Been damn arse quiet since the quick event with Humphrey.  All we see is alerts that other teams have picked up or resigned peeps that have been of interest on hear.  Kind of disappointing but I trust the coaches on who they think will fit the system best and why spend money on an injured placeholder if we like someone in the draft?

Ron and JDR are NFL linebackers so they of all people know who is good and has the sills to fit a system so i'm frustrated but not too worried on that position.  

I am increasingly starting to believe we get Kerrigan back and that will take care of the depth we need at Edge.  Seems like there is no real interest in him as a starter out there and if he is going to be used for depth/rotation I would like to believe he would opt to stay here and retire in Washington.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

I read on CBS the 17th game is the Buffalo game. 

In total, right. But it doesn’t mean it takes place in the 17th (non-bye) week. That’s the same mistake I made reading it at first. 

• Thanks 1