Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

As far as the draft goes the only certainty is that, barring a trade, we aren’t adding another d-lineman.

Despite it being arguably our greatest need I don’t think there’s a TE that’s likely to be available at 19 that’s worth picking. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if two out of our three day two picks are at that position.

My best guess is that we will select the bpa at OT, LB or possibly a workhorse game breaking rb in the first round. A trade down is also a strong possibility. 

I also wouldn’t count us out of going for a db or even a big fast WR (if available) as no one wants a repeat of this target poor environment next season...

image.thumb.jpeg.22495a4275cfd14a4c1a8cdf999b2992.jpeg

3 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

Is zaven fast enough to handle mlb in 4-3 defense?  If so, absolute no brainer at 19.  Maybe he is an slb?  Only 40 time I can find is from high school at 4.8.  that might cut it in the aac, but nfl is a whole different world.  That's my only concern with ZC.

I think as he continues to grow his knowledge and understanding of the position, his speed will be less and less of a concern.  Check the vid I shared of him in the mock draft thread. It tells his whole story. He has only been playing LB for 3 years. He hasn’t begun to hit his stride vis a vis the position and play recognition. But it won’t take him long. Valedictorian of his HS.

• Like 1

Analysts are praising NY's FA signings and most network spokesman are saying NY or Dallas are favorites to win the East.  The key points for their arguments are that Dak is back and Danny Dimes has ALL the weapons...forget about WFT for a minute.  Daniel Jones isn't very good.  No pocket presence, throws crazy INT's at any position on the field, and turns the ball over at least twice a game.  Dak, coming off that injury, is not a guarantee to start Week 1, nor play 17 games.  Since WFT has had difficulty finishing off NY, that's my focus in thinking if WFT has improved enough to decisively beat NY next year.  I believe NY has high injury risk with their FA signings and with Barkley returning from ACL IR, by a depletion of depth factor related to their overspending. I have to believe that more intelligent organizational roster management has pushed WFT ahead.  The Danny Dimes BS is already on tape.  I'm not scared of NY or Dallas in comparison. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

Analysts are praising NY's FA signings and most network spokesman are saying NY or Dallas are favorites to win the East.  The key points for their arguments are that Dak is back and Danny Dimes has ALL the weapons...forget about WFT for a minute.  Daniel Jones isn't very good.  No pocket presence, throws crazy INT's at any position on the field, and turns the ball over at least twice a game.  Dak, coming off that injury, is not a guarantee to start Week 1, nor play 17 games.  Since WFT has had difficulty finishing off NY, that's my focus in thinking if WFT has improved enough to decisively beat NY next year.  I believe NY has high injury risk with their FA signings and with Barkley returning from ACL IR, by a depletion of depth factor related to their overspending. I have to believe that more intelligent organizational roster management has pushed WFT ahead.  The Danny Dimes BS is already on tape.  I'm not scared of NY or Dallas in comparison. 

I've always believed in the philosophy of let your playing do the talking.

• Like 2

I'm loving the moves we've made thus far on offense....still feel like we need to add on defense as most everyone else does. That being said, we have significantly added to our defense by adding Fitz, Samuel and Humphries on offense because we are gonna score points which will make teams have to throw on us to keep up. I have a serious feeling that Fitzmagic is gonna take big time advantage of his new situation with his defense and the weapons he has on offense. Give this man another TE and some more LB's and we are gonna be the most intriguing team in the league to watch. The schedule will only make us better too. HTTR!!!!

2 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Seems a little bit of selective reading. There are plenty of articles praising Washington and some considering Washington the "favorite" (for whatever that means at this point). Sure, there are plenty favoring Dallas, and, if you look hard enough, some even favoring Philadelphia and New York. It's the Internet, this literally thousands of opinions out there without looking very hard. And it's not like New York has really made bad pick-ups. You can certainly criticize the value of their moves, but they have improved the roster. That's not hard, as it was a bad roster to begin with. Still, let's not act like it's all New York and nothing for Washington. 

Probably the best bet at this point are oddsmakers, they're the most objective. Doesn't make them right, but probably gives the best picture of how the "experts" see things. This is what they see:

https://www.oddschecker.com/us/football/nfl/nfc-east/winner

Dallas is 1, Washington is 2, and New York is just edging Philly for 3rd. For a division that came darn close to a four way tie in 2020, that's a reasonable assessment. But a lot can still change between now and the fall.

With all this talk of drafting a LT, still see that the Ravens are sat with Orlando Brown. Clearly he’ll be looking to get paid sometime soon, and the trade cost itself may be too high, but wonder if we have actually made a polite inquiry on him?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

With all this talk of drafting a LT, still see that the Ravens are sat with Orlando Brown. Clearly he’ll be looking to get paid sometime soon, and the trade cost itself may be too high, but wonder if we have actually made a polite inquiry on him?

Excuse me sir De Costa, may I borrow a tackle when you are finished with he?

Feel Like a Sir | Like a sir, Simpson, Homer simpson

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

IMO they won't look at him because it would take draft capital and would not have much left on the rookie contract, so too costly

• Like 1

I have noticed that a number of the players that seem to be great fits with WFT and coming off lower body injuries have been ignored through the beginning of the FA period...a couple exam;es would be FS - Hooker, and Kazee and LB Kwon Alexander. The pat regime would have brought these guys in and I have found myself hoping they would sign these guys. I must give RR and compan credit for passing and risk. So many of these guys are not at 100% until the midpoint of the season. Maybe that changes as we get closer to the draft or afterwards when the players have further progressed with rehab. 

Also wondering if they follow this trend by avoiding the drafting a player coming off a lower body injury like our favorite RB Love, ugh

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

IMO they won't look at him because it would take draft capital and would not have much left on the rookie contract, so too costly

Agree, although would be interesting to judge if he is traded to look at that cost. Every chance he is an unrestricted free agent after this season too. That must drive the cost down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Agree, although would be interesting to judge if he is traded to look at that cost. Every chance he is an unrestricted free agent after this season too. That must drive the cost down.

Yeah open every door of opportunity! Same probably for moving up in the draft if they believe in a QB.  Although I think that costs too much this year

Just now, DWinzit said:

Yeah open every door of opportunity! Same probably for moving up in the draft if they believe in a QB.  Although I think that costs too much this year

Should definitely be open minded in the draft. #19 may be no man’s land, could be looking at the 4th best tackle, or receiver say, whilst the top rated edge is on the board. Might favour a slight drift back but it is very hard to predict. We may get a stud dropping that we can move for. 

Wonder if we are done in free agency. Haven’t heard anything about Kerrigans visit to the Bengals, we do seem keen to bring him back. Struck out at TE sadly, there are a few very solids DBs available. 

7 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Should definitely be open minded in the draft. #19 may be no man’s land, could be looking at the 4th best tackle, or receiver say, whilst the top rated edge is on the board. Might favour a slight drift back but it is very hard to predict. We may get a stud dropping that we can move for. 

Wonder if we are done in free agency. Haven’t heard anything about Kerrigans visit to the Bengals, we do seem keen to bring him back. Struck out at TE sadly, there are a few very solids DBs available. 

I could see them roll into the draft as is.

I believe at 19 they could receive calls for teams wanting to move up. This is an unusually strong draft. I mean WFT could take 10 different players projected at 19 and be okay.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wyndorf25 said:

Pat Friermuth or Brevin Jordan would be nice...

Like both choices in 2nd/3rd rounds.  I prefer the 3rd and Jordan in the 3rd (most mocks have him being available there or Tremble/Long in the 3rd).

Edited by RWJ

14 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

Valid point. Would he be a mlb or slb in 4-3?

Just inside. Doesn’t make a difference. Can make Collins the SLB and have him detached from the box over #2. He’s more like a safety/LB hybrid. I’d put Zaven to the tight end side so if someone is man to man on him it can be him... if that’s what you’re trying to get answered :)