Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

12 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I wouldn't expect us to seriously reach out about an Orlando Brown trade until we know what's happening at pick #19.

I wouldn’t give up a first, or second, for Brown.

However, I also don’t see us getting our franchise LT at #19. Anyone considered a strong LT prospect ain’t lasting that long, IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

I don't put much stock in NFL Rumors.  Sorry, JMO. 

I agree, but I would be surprised if we were to find out that RR and co. hadn’t at least been sniffing around Brown. Everyone knows that LT is one of the team’s top priorities this offseason.

Brown had been a LT his entire life until he was drafted by Baltimore, and has still made multiple pro bowls as a RT. Him wanting to go back to LT is really at the behest of his late father, “Zeus”, who always told him to shoot for LT, so he can “get paid”. 

We’ve been spoiled for the last 2+ decades at the LT position in Washington. Both Samuels and big Trent were considered one of the best in the game during their respective tenures. What I’m about to say, in no way demeans the importance of the LT position, but in 20 years or so of being set at this one position, how much success has the organization seen?

Yes, I know the importance of the LT position. I’m not at all saying that the team SHOULDN’T be looking to upgrade the position, because I believe they absolutely should. I’m just not in the camp of necessarily having to use pick 19 on that position.

I lean towards trading for Brown, especially if the asking price is relatively low. He’s been playing RT at a high level, but just happened to be drafted to a team that has a stud in place at LT. He seems pretty motivated to prove that he’s a better LT than he is a RT.

36 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I wouldn't expect us to seriously reach out about an Orlando Brown trade until we know what's happening at pick #19.

Very likely scenario here. It wouldn’t surprise me in the least, if Brown is still available come Draft Day, and the WFT’s prospect LTs are off the board at 19, to see some sort of trade being done that evening.

Edited by skinzdar55
Misspelled word

37 minutes ago, London Kev said:

If we could get Brown for a 3rd then I wouldn't mind trading down from 19th. We could get a decent FS, LB and TE and recoup a 3rd.

My thoughts exactly. If they feel Brown is better than Darrishaw then it it, trade back to get your 3rd back and draft Collins at LB or stud WR in first. TE, FS, CB, OG/QB thru 4th. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, London Kev said:

If we could get Brown for a 3rd then I wouldn't mind trading down from 19th. We could get a decent FS, LB and TE and recoup a 3rd.

Trading 19 to 27 is about 3rd round value.  That's why I see that as a possibility and maintain the current 2/3/3

35 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Humphries is a real solid signing. Out of interest, anyone posted the contract details yet?

I've seen nothing for him or Roberts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I can't believe the amount of disrespect Kerrigan is getting around the league during this FA process. The league has just never truly appreciated him, come back BB. 

He's probably looking for a lot more money and a chance to start. If not he knows he can come back to WFT for the lowball offers and doesn't have to move. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

He's probably looking for a lot more money and a chance to start. If not he knows he can come back to WFT for the lowball offers and doesn't have to move. 

Yup, fairly common. Just read an article on the same situation happening with the Steelers and Villanuava.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I read that his main reason for wanting to leave was because he wanted to start, it seemed more about that than the money. Which is why it seems kind of odd to me that he hasn't received any interest apart from the Bengals, so maybe he is asking for more money than teams think he's worth. Are there really no other teams out there that could use a complimentary DE to their #1 DE? Looking at teams like the Browns/Steelers, Kerrigan would be a productive #2 next to Garrett or Watt. He could be a Justin Houston-type signing that Indy had a couple years ago. 

Maybe teams will call after the draft when they realize nobody they wanted became available. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I can't believe the amount of disrespect Kerrigan is getting around the league during this FA process. The league has just never truly appreciated him, come back BB. 

I think he needs a slight reality check, take what’s on offer here and enjoy the ride.

He still got just short of 40% of the defensive snaps last season. And we paid him 11.5mil to fill that roll. Not too shabby, so perhaps on balance he’s done pretty well out of it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KDawg said:

I think it’s all playing time related. My guess her accept a very low deal. Who cares, but just my thought. Made his money and want to play. If that wasn’t the case he’d be taking offers for part time roles from contenders. 

Edited by wit33

We would all love to have Kerrigan back in a rotational role on a team-friendly contract. That's a no-brainer. But it's going to take patience for those terms to be met because he's earned a real shot at the market. If nothing materializes, there is mutual benefit to him playing here.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

We would all love to have Kerrigan back in a rotational role on a team-friendly contract. That's a no-brainer. But it's going to take patience for those terms to be met because he's earned a real shot at the market. If nothing materializes, there is mutual benefit to him playing here.

I hope he stays as he's one of my all time favorites. I own two jerseys, Taylor's and his.

• Like 1