Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

4 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Looks like William Jackson is applying for the Richard Sherman's Filter Removal Service job that opened up. The defense needs attitude at all positions, I love it. 

He had some words for Cincy and their fans. 

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/31/william-jackson-rips-bengals-fans-signing-washington/

Ya see... the problem with Cinci fan is that they already live in Ohio.  They life already suck... I mean it's not Cleveland, but man it's turrible... those fans got nothing to live for, and they eat you alive...

Sh** man, I'm just happy to have gotten out alive with both of my balls...

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, DiscoBob said:

Ya see... the problem with Cinci fan is that they already live in Ohio.  They life already suck... 

When did Yakov Smirnoff join the board?  🤪

twas either Yakov or the Iron Sheik as I read this.  

• Haha 7

13 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Looks like William Jackson is applying for the Richard Sherman's Filter Removal Service job that opened up. The defense needs attitude at all positions, I love it. 

He had some words for Cincy and their fans. 

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/31/william-jackson-rips-bengals-fans-signing-washington/

Sam Wycehe is a god among men.

10 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I wasn't talking to you

To everyone who is confused with my post I added a subliminal message in my message that read this stuff shouldn't be posted here

I'm drunk this morning too buddy. It's okay.

9 hours ago, DiscoBob said:

Ya see... the problem with Cinci fan is that they already live in Ohio.  They life already suck... I mean it's not Cleveland, but man it's turrible... those fans got nothing to live for, and they eat you alive...

Sh** man, I'm just happy to have gotten out alive with both of my balls...

Cleveland actually took Cincinnati to the superbowl. That's gotta hurt. :ols: 

People don't know how much of a joke the Bengals organization is. I mean ours is toxic(or was)but the Bengals are absolute garbage. They have no indoor practice facility and have a skeleton crew scouting dept/FO. Dan Snyder is awful but Mike Brown is so much worse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

People don't know how much of a joke the Bengals organization is. I mean ours is toxic(or was)but the Bengals are absolute garbage. They have no indoor practice facility and have a skeleton crew scouting dept/FO. Dan Snyder is awful but Mike Brown is so much worse.

So Our Ron is their Marvin?

13 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Not sure this is the proper place to I need discuss these massage that therapist topic numbers.

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

I wasn't talking to you

To everyone who is confused with my post I added a subliminal message in my message that read this stuff shouldn't be posted here

Found it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

Cincinatti is garbage to me. The only thing they had going for them before was Vontaze Burfict letting me dunk on Bengals fans every single time they cried about the Steelers playing dirty. They don't even have that now.

At least Cleveland has the Net Warrior.

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Think I have stated this on ES.  Scherff played RR and Co..  IF we could get a decent haul for him, I'd like to see us trade him.  Doubt we get any comp picks especially if we are active again in FA next year.  Two things though.  Go on take the money and run (Steve Miller Band) Scherff.  We have been fair with you and you do the organization this way.  Hope you play a full 17 games or your value in FA drops.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Think I have stated this on ES.  Scherff played RR and Co..  IF we could get a decent haul for him, I'd like to see us trade him.  Doubt we get any comp picks especially if we are active again in FA next year.  Two things though.  Go on take the money and run (Steve Miller Band) Scherff.  We have been fair with you and you do the organization this way.  Hope you play a full 17 games or your value in FA drops.

Well, it confirms that there has been no further extension discussion. I assume they let him walk at this point. They should have let him go this year with an offer in his pocket should he decide to stay. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Sam Wycehe is a god among men.

I'm drunk this morning too buddy. It's okay.

Cleveland actually took Cincinnati to the superbowl. That's gotta hurt. :ols: 

Nope not drunk delivering dairy milk today actually

2 hours ago, London Kev said:

Found it.

Lol close 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

Which brings me back to why they put the franchise Tag on Sherff, 18m and looking like no attempt to sign Sherff to a LTD seems absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. Should have just let him walk and signed one of the FA Guards for half of Sherff's price. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Which brings me back to why they put the franchise Tag on Sherff, 18m and looking like no attempt to sign Sherff to a LTD seems absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. Should have just let him walk and signed one of the FA Guards for half of Sherff's price. 

I believe they are attempting but he controls the situation now because he has $18 mill guaranteed and wants, I think to be the highest paid right OG in the NFL.  He could have told RR he was serious about staying on and wanted to negotiate but see where we are thus he played RR and Co. like a fiddle.  Hopefully, RR and Co. have learned from this.  

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

This is so backwards to me. Rivera and co. made the decision to exercise a team option to franchise tag Scherff and keep him off of the FA market for another year. That was the team’s decision, not Scherff’s. Perception has somewhat changed in recent years, but originally it was viewed as a pretty aggressive anti-player move to actually utilize the franchise tag and keep a guy from hitting FA. He signed because he has to if he wants to play and accumulate his season. He’s not obligated to take less money than he thinks he’s worth just because we tagged him—again, that’s the team making the conscious “tactical” decision to set his per year salary at an astronomical number from the jump, for one season, and keeping him from exploring the market. How exactly has he done us dirty? He owes no one a hometown discount lol. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This is so backwards to me. Rivera and co. made the decision to exercise a team option to franchise tag Scherff and keep him off of the FA market for another year. That was the team’s decision, not Scherff’s. Perception has somewhat changed in recent years, but originally it was viewed as a pretty aggressive anti-player move to actually utilize the franchise tag and keep a guy from hitting FA. He signed because he has to if he wants to play and accumulate his season. He’s not obligated to take less money than he thinks he’s worth just because we tagged him—again, that’s the team making the conscious “tactical” decision to set his per year salary at an astronomical number from the jump, for one season, and keeping him from exploring the market. How exactly has he done us dirty? He owes no one a hometown discount lol. 

No he owes us nothing agreed but your supposed to negotiate in good faith.  I guess you and others think that no longer exists.  To each their own on thoughts.  The mess is in RR and Co. hands.  Hope they learned.  The FT outcome is to sign a player to a LTD not to have a player play on a 1 year deal.  Most outcomes end in a LTD.  We will see if it does but as of right now it looks like Scherff gets $18 mill this season and hits FA next year.  If someone offered me the deal I'd sign it too but I call ignorance on the part of RR and his cohorts.  Call it what you will.  

• Thanks 1

Scherff is foolish not to sign a long term deal. Betting on yourself is one thing, but betting on your health, when you’ve previously been very injury prone, sounds imprudent. 

I still think he signs a long term deal and they just aren’t going to focus on that until after the draft. 

7 hours ago, RWJ said:

I believe they are attempting but he controls the situation now because he has $18 mill guaranteed and wants, I think to be the highest paid right OG in the NFL.  He could have told RR he was serious about staying on and wanted to negotiate but see where we are thus he played RR and Co. like a fiddle.  Hopefully, RR and Co. have learned from this.  

It’s no fiddle playing, it’s today’s landscape. Players and teams are more willing to anoint/take tags. 

It’s less personal in many more cases these days, but we fans are suffering from trauma in relation to the tag equaling a bad relationship. If Scherff leaves next year the team didn’t get played like a fiddle, they got an all pro guard for two additional seasons and extra time to develop replacements. Just treat it as the team signing Scherff to an extension 2 off seasons ago and after this season the guarantees take a swift decline or in this case he’s completely off the books. 

The mentality around the tag needs to change. In many cases it can benefit both sides— Scherff situation to date has been a positive. The team got All-pro play from their guard and Scherff got paid elite money. Great business— Also, the team doesn’t need the cap this year, which is a critical variable to this overall situation.

What if they’re potentially saying to themselves, let’s develop Charles again this year and hope he looks good, then let Scherff go and keep all the DLine together. A long term contract does not provide this level of flexibility. Not saying there aren’t other ways to go about it. 

6 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Scherff is foolish not to sign a long term deal. Betting on yourself is one thing, but betting on your health, when you’ve previously been very injury prone, sounds imprudent. 

I still think he signs a long term deal and they just aren’t going to focus on that until after the draft. 

Betting on yourself doesn’t carry the same level of risk these days, and not sure it really ever has, but especially these days with the medical advances. Guys can comeback from pretty much any injury. The level of money is astronomical compared to 10-20 years ago, meaning the 1 year risk provides a great sum of money, no matter what happens. 

Edited by wit33
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

No he owes us nothing agreed but your supposed to negotiate in good faith.

And how exactly do you determine that he's not doing that?  We have zero idea of what the contract talks have been like with the team and his agent.

If he was being such a prick, why would Rivera want to pay him $18M for one year of service?  Is the guard position that pivotal to the 2021 season, that he just can't fathom parting with Brandon?  I highly doubt it.

This is simply how the game gets played when the franchise tag is applied.  As fans, you can not like it - but it's unfair to project what you think the player is or isn't doing, when you really have nothing to base that projection on.  It just comes off as being salty vs. logical.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, RWJ said:

No he owes us nothing agreed but your supposed to negotiate in good faith.  I guess you and others think that no longer exists.  To each their own on thoughts.  The mess is in RR and Co. hands.  Hope they learned.  The FT outcome is to sign a player to a LTD not to have a player play on a 1 year deal.  Most outcomes end in a LTD.  We will see if it does but as of right now it looks like Scherff gets $18 mill this season and hits FA next year.  If someone offered me the deal I'd sign it too but I call ignorance on the part of RR and his cohorts.  Call it what you will.  

How do you know he hasn’t negotiated in good faith? Him wanting more money than we’re willing to offer isn’t negotiating in bad faith lol. They had all of Rivera’s tenure so far to make a deal work, and when it wasn’t, they CHOSE to give him a massive 1-year salary that set the market even higher. I’m still struggling to see how that can be put on him at all. Not wanting to be here at less than he thinks he can make on the market isn’t dirty imo. We messed this up from the jump, just like with Cousins and to a degree Trent (though those are old sins that have nothing to do with Rivera of course—it’s just “been there, done that” as fans). 

• Like 2

SIP posted this up above.  All of you take it the way you want to.  It doesn't sound very hopeful to me.  Again, I HOPE it get's done but the sounds of it AT THIS TIME don't look promising.  I'm not one to knock heads over and over again with others over a situation.  I give my points of view and others give theirs.  Respect each others views.  Fair enough?

Posted again.  I'm done and ready to move on to other convo.  

Edited by RWJ