Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

So with SF trading up to #3 it means they have 2 QBs they'd be equally ok with. Everyone knows Lawrence is going #1 so I'd guess Wilson is one, but I'm curious if the other is Lance or Fields.

I find Jones to be super unlikely. There's an extremely good chance they would have been able to nab him at #12. Giving up two future 1st round picks to move up for a prospect who isn't generally rated that high and who probably would have been there when you picked would be pure lunacy.

10 hours ago, ILikeBilly said:

I disagree and almost STRONGLY disagree.  We should be better on D, since it is year two in the system.  But our D was thrashed a couple times last year.  We were marginally top 5.  We were no where near the Ravens' 2000 D.  But add a Ray Lewis or Keukle type like Z. Collins (in the first) and we might just have a historically good D.  This team is missing a QB. We are missing the defensive QB, which is the MLB.

Personally, I think we have to pick Collins if he is there in the first.  LT can then be the pick in round two.  We can go offense again with both round three picks.  If we do this, as someone else already said, our Super Bowl window will be open.

Yeah I'm with you. That defense was good but far from great, it had some truly horrific performances that can't all be put on Collins and Apke.  IMO MLB is the biggest need on this team.  

• Thanks 2

People keep saying if _____ drops we should trade to 10(ish).  Cowboys(10), Giants(11), Eagles (12) now.  Not that I expected a trade up, but that likely blocks those 3 without a bit of lopsidedness.

4 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Was this Roberts guy a true FA or was he cut like Humphries?  
I like our CB room more than last year.  Can still grab one in the draft but don’t need to press for one.

SIPs post on the last page mentions a 2020 1 year deal for 2mill.  So likely true FA (unless they signed to an extension and then cut which would shock me).

edit: super merge..making easier to read.

One more.  The Eagles got a first.  I wonder if they got the Miami or 49ers pick.  Would likely be telling which team they think will be better in 2021...

Edited by jsharrin55

the draftniks were complaining.  "We keep predicting you're all going to trade and just take all the top QBs early, you have to do it one of these days," and this year NFL execs took pity and did it.

Could Atlanta take Trey Lance as Ryan's eventual replacement at four or trade out?

For what it's worth....I'll have to take a look at last year's Jets games. Just reaching back to see what Jets fans are saying. Not sure about the hair deal. But whatever.....

1 hour ago, Rex Tomb said:

Looks like a decent FA pickup.  The guy appears to have great instincts.

Remember these are high lights. Not low. I think he's a depth move. Starters are Fuller and Jackson III unless he's competing for the slot which could be possible 

• Like 1

Just now, Chump Bailey said:

Darryl Roberts could be a nice surprise signing. His Pro Day numbers were elite. 

Tackling technique isn't great, but he went up against plenty of talented receivers. Clearly need someone behind Jackson.

But, I think you're right that there's a lot to like. It is an interesting pick-up. Maybe good enough to get Fuller working in the slot on key downs.

Think they'll draft a corner in third round this year, and here's hoping that player transitions quickly. 

• Like 3

I support trying out some cheap depth guys with great athletic tools and flashes of decent play, and hoping that playing behind this DL takes some of the pressure off and allows them to get comfortable, play loose, and make some plays if they develop enough.

If Jackson plays as well as we hope he can behind this DL though, following top WRs in man, it is going to funnel a lot of target towards Fuller and the other DBs. So it’s a give and take. 

• Like 5