Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

10 minutes ago, wit33 said:

The window is officially “cracked” open, in my opinion. 

Team looks solid and full draft is soon to come. 

Agree.  I can't recall being this jazzed about a roster in a long time.  the draft also seems oddly (in a good way) very friendly as for likely matching BPA and need.

Only thing that isn't aligning with the stars is our schedule which looks brutal.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6

It's crazy how much worse the Eagles seem than everyone else in the East just a few years after winning it all. Egos, incompetent management, expensive contracts and poor drafting really took its toll. 

I think it's going to be a competitive race for #1 between the other three teams, but the Eagles really seem awful. Maybe Hurts has an incredible year but starting fresh with Sirianni makes that less likely.

Ignore the stuff about the Bucs and Brady, just look at this chart, and realize we won’t have to live this life again:

(I wish we could see the Dolphins on this chart with Tua’s passes removed) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This is neat.  But wouldn’t you want Samuel as the “F” as he gets looks out of the backfield?  Would Thomas be the “Y” in a lot of these formations? So the main skill players are McLaurin, Humphries, Thomas, Samuel, and Gibson.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

This is neat.  But wouldn’t you want Samuel as the “F” as he gets looks out of the backfield?  Would Thomas be the “Y” in a lot of these formations? So the main skill players are McLaurin, Humphries, Thomas, Samuel, and Gibson.

Theres nothing saying the F in the diagram has to be the F. You can put the Z there.

Logan Thomas can be the Y. But so could, say, Cam Sims.

Its dependent on personnel. Logan Thomas will be the Y in any x1 personnel packages (or most of them). In 10 it is likely Sims.

The point of the article is that Samuel is the Z or #2 receiver in this offense. 

44 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I love this roster and the Fitzpatrick signing, but to me, this season is all about luring Aaron Rodgers for next season.

They'll need to bank some picks to pull that off.  They'd need to trade someone for another 1st rounder in the bank.  Then your still looking at 3 1st round picks + to get him...but if it's there, BAM!! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Veretax said:

The thing is.   People thinknig we take a LT, if there isn't a good one, doubt we do, but with another WR,   maybe a Tight End in the first?

We still have no warm bodies at LB either. I like the potential to get a blue chip starter there that can carry the whole group. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow! What a couple weeks! 

Fitz

CS 

AH 

Jack

Unreal how the O has improved! 

my 2 cents 

Fitz is a freak of nature, what some call a late bloomer. Way better, I expect, then people hope he will be.

There was  an old GM, during the Skin days, that made a living picking up these gems. I think Fitz is one 

Others on the List are obviously upgrades. 

Draft day 

1: LT or LB (Best avail) 

2 LB or TE 

3 LB or OL 

3 Safely 

best avail 4-7 

HT DA WFT

Edited by Skinarchy
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Skinarchy said:

Wow! What a couple weeks! 

Fitz

CS 

AH 

Jack

Unreal how the O has improved! 

my 2 cents 

Fitz is a freak of nature, what some call a late bloomer. Way better, I expect then people hope he will be. there was a GM during the Skin days that made a living picking up these gems. I think Fitz is one 

Others on the List are upgrades. 

Draft day 

1: LT or LB (Best avail) 

2 LB 

3 OL 

3 safety 

best avail 4-7 

Would love to trade back in the 1st round and pick up another 2nd or 3rd and really kill this draft....unless someone falls in our lap at 19 that can't be passed up. There's always one or two guys that fall....like how we got Montez Sweat. 

• Like 3

While I understand the need for a LT and the difficulty in finding one outside the very early rounds of the draft, I also find it hard to believe the team would be zeroed on one specific position in Round 1. With the obvious exception of Penei Sewell (who will go early), is there any good value that might be available at 19? Darrisaw is the one name that could be there. But if he's not? Then it seems like you're looking at guys that many don't think would fit at LT (Alijah Vera-Tucker and Rashawn Slater if either are still there) or reaching for someone a little lower (say a Teven Jenkins?). Neither of which seem like great uses of the pick. All of this is obviously contingent on the team evaluating these players the same as the rest of the NFL. I suspect the team's board is wildly different than the "consensus". But still, it seems impossible to zero in on one position that's fairly weak.

So then, what to do with LT? Outside of Eric Fisher (who has health issues and I'm not sure he really even wants to leave KC), free agency is pretty bare. This seems like one of th ose positions that maybe the board breaks your way and you fill that position or maybe it does not and you're left looking elsewhere. There's bound to be some big name that falls on draft day. Hell, both Jonathan Allen and Montez Sweat were victims of this (as was Derwin James). Seems better to potentially capitalize on whoever that ends up being.

• Thanks 1