Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: STATEMENT BY WASHINGTON #REDSKINS OWNER DAN SNYDER-BRUCE ALLEN FIRED

TK

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

Interesting question: who was more responsible for the Ashburn culture? Dan or Bruce?

Yes!

And while this is a big step in the right direction, one of these clowns is still here and in full control.  This franchise has a loooong way to go before we can expect some lasting gains.

5 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Props to Danny. Never thought he would get rid of his blankie completely and in such cold fashion.

He probably realized he had been spoon fed BS by Allen by the "We're Close" comment. That and from what I read (could be wrong) Allen protected Manusky as his guy. Then Micro Managed Gruden's roster.

But Congrats to the fire Allen movement! I didn't think it would happen. I'm happier that Gruden is gone and if the price of getting a quality coach in here is Allen's head..so be it.

Complete re-boot was defiantly warranted! We'll see if Dan keeps his hands of the Jocks.

11 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Interesting question: who was more responsible for the Ashburn culture? Dan or Bruce?

Dan Snyder made hundreds of millions by cashing out on a direct marketing scheme at the height of the dotcom bubble.

He has never built anything that wasn't literally a scam.

Bruce has his creation. As was Vinny. As was Karl Swanson. As was Tony Wyllie. As was....etc.

21 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Dan Snyder made hundreds of millions by cashing out on a direct marketing scheme at the height of the dotcom bubble.

He has never built anything that wasn't literally a scam.

Bruce has his creation. As was Vinny. As was Karl Swanson. As was Tony Wyllie. As was....etc.

Not enough has been written about Snyder communications or how the hell Dan Snyder even got in the game to buy the Redskins. 

56 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

To each their own--and I certainly understand celebrating--and I'm happy he's gone. I just don't have the enthusiasm left. Not until we see more of the picture.

Here’s to hoping we do something on field that reignites your pilot light. I don’t blame anyone for feeling a bit snuffed. 

just as long as they don’t snuffle on my parade🤪

44 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Props to Danny. Never thought he would get rid of his blankie completely and in such cold fashion.

Damn. I should have taken the trip to Ashburn last night to take a pic of that UHaul truck. I'd a spray painted that **** with

You need to win off this field

Per walterfootball.com

redskinsb_logo.gif Redskins fire team president Bruce Allen: D Grade 
This is a move the media has greatly applauded this morning. It seems as though the consensus in the press is that firing Bruce Allen was a tremendous decision by the Redskins. The media, as usual, is wrong. 

Let's think back to what happened a couple of years ago. Almost all sports writers and everyone on ESPN and NFL Network constantly criticized for the Redskins not extending Kirk Cousins. Washington was constantly chided for not paying Cousins what he wanted, but despite the heavy criticism, Allen was steadfast in his belief that Cousins was not a franchise quarterback. Rather than dive deep into cap purgatory, Allen opted to let Cousins go, choosing instead to acquire Alex Smith. Cousins ended up as a huge failure for the Vikings, while the Redskins - most forget this - were 6-2 last year and seemed poised to win the division easily before Smith suffered a gruesome, potentially career-ending injury.  

The Redskins had to begin anew following Smith's injury, so they drafted Dwayne Haskins, who played well in his final couple of starts this season. Allen was also able to surround Haskins with some young, promising talents like Derrius Guice, Terry McLaurin, Steven Sims Jr., and Kelvin Harmon, none of whom were selected in the first round of any NFL Draft. Defensively, Allen found steals like Quinton Dunbar, Shaun Dion Hamilton and Matt Ioannidis, all of whom performed well in 2019. Dunbar was especially tremendous. 

Allen built a promising, young group that could contend for the playoffs soon, and also had plenty of cap space to spend this offseason. Yet, the circle-jerking media, which has not accepted responsibility for being dead wrong about the Cousins stance, is thrilled about this decision. They have an irrational hatred for Allen, perhaps because of his politics, so despite what they say, this is not a move that will benefit the Redskins over the long haul. 

Perhaps it was just time for a change, and Allen made some mistakes just like any other general manager. However, there's no reason to think that the Redskins will improve in the wake of his firing, despite what sports reporters have to say. If most of the media is telling you something, the opposite is usually true, and that certainly is the case in this instance. 

5 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Per walterfootball.com

This is a move the media has greatly applauded this morning. It seems as though the consensus in the press is that firing Bruce Allen was a tremendous decision by the Redskins. The media, as usual, is wrong. 

Let's think back to what happened a couple of years ago. Almost all sports writers and everyone on ESPN and NFL Network constantly criticized for the Redskins not extending Kirk Cousins. Washington was constantly chided for not paying Cousins what he wanted, but despite the heavy criticism, Allen was steadfast in his belief that Cousins was not a franchise quarterback. Rather than dive deep into cap purgatory, Allen opted to let Cousins go, choosing instead to acquire Alex Smith. Cousins ended up as a huge failure for the Vikings, while the Redskins - most forget this - were 6-2 last year and seemed poised to win the division easily before Smith suffered a gruesome, potentially career-ending injury.  

The Redskins had to begin anew following Smith's injury, so they drafted Dwayne Haskins, who played well in his final couple of starts this season. Allen was also able to surround Haskins with some young, promising talents like Derrius Guice, Terry McLaurin, Steven Sims Jr., and Kelvin Harmon, none of whom were selected in the first round of any NFL Draft. Defensively, Allen found steals like Quinton Dunbar, Shaun Dion Hamilton and Matt Ioannidis, all of whom performed well in 2019. Dunbar was especially tremendous. 

Allen built a promising, young group that could contend for the playoffs soon, and also had plenty of cap space to spend this offseason. Yet, the circle-jerking media, which has not accepted responsibility for being dead wrong about the Cousins stance, is thrilled about this decision. They have an irrational hatred for Allen, perhaps because of his politics, so despite what they say, this is not a move that will benefit the Redskins over the long haul. 

Perhaps it was just time for a change, and Allen made some mistakes just like any other general manager. However, there's no reason to think that the Redskins will improve in the wake of his firing, despite what sports reporters have to say. If most of the media is telling you something, the opposite is usually true, and that certainly is the case in this instance. 

I would agree with you if he had not given up what he did for Alex Smith then extended him for what, imo, was an insignificant amount. The Kirk Cousins situations seemed more like a business decision that became personal. Bruce Allen f'd that up...I don't think this is debatable if you consider how much Alex Smith was given + 3rd Pick + Kendall Fuller.

6 minutes ago, dyst said:

Why is Snyder always so damn chummy with certain players. Seriously, why is Alex accompanying Snyder to anything. 

because Mrs Snyder won’t hang out with him unless its for charity.... which ironically is what you’re doing when hanging out with him...charity. 🤣

Just now, xxprodigyxx said:

I would agree with you if he had not given up what he did for Alex Smith then extended him for what, imo, was an insignificant amount. The Kirk Cousins situations seemed more like a business decision that became personal. Bruce Allen f'd that up, I don't think this is debatable if you consider how much Alex Smith was given + 2nd Pick + Kendall Fuller.

On top of the fact that he franchised tag Kirk TWICE, giving him more guaranteed money in two years than Kirk was asking for for three plus years before the tags.  I have a feeling that pile of **** article was written by Allen himself, or one of his cronies that posts here daily.

13 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Per walterfootball.com

There is so much wrong about this article.

Archived