Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: STATEMENT BY WASHINGTON #REDSKINS OWNER DAN SNYDER-BRUCE ALLEN FIRED

TK

11 minutes ago, Art said:

So, you're saying you don't have a problem with Snyder telling the football people, you know, his coach, how they need to run a franchise when you agree with what he does, but you have a problem with Snyder telling the football people how to run a franchise when you don't?   This makes you entirely hypocritical and fairly dim.   But if you're happy, that's all that matters I suppose.

If our owner has to step in to protect our QB then our coach is a coward.  Also if Snyder cares so much about his players where was he when Griffin got a wrecked?  That was our “savor”.   As far as the vision of the team quite simply no he shouldn’t be involved.   He knows zero about running one.   He needs to leave all football decisions and visions to people that know how to do it.  We are talking about the health of a player in jeopardy situation where the people that should make the right decision aren’t vs running the franchise as a whole and only giving the keys to people that share the vision of what he wants the team to look like.. Total different situations.

2 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

If our owner has to step in to protect our QB then our coach is a coward.  Also if Snyder cares so much about his players where was he when Griffin got a wrecked?  That was our “savor”.   As far as the vision of the team quite simply no he shouldn’t be involved.   He know zero about running one.   He needs to leave all football decisions and visions to people that know how to do it.  We are talking about the health of a player in jeopardy situation where the people that should make the right decision aren’t vs running the franchise as a whole. Total different situations.

So, you're saying you don't have a problem with Snyder telling the football people, you know, his coach, how they need to run a franchise when you agree with what he does, but you have a problem with Snyder telling the football people how to run a franchise when you don't?   This makes you entirely hypocritical and fairly dim.   But if you're happy, that's all that matters I suppose.

This will be easy so long as you keep saying the same thing.   Yeah, I get it.   You WANT Snyder to step in when you think he should, and you don't want him to when you think he shouldn't.   I totally get ya.   Yet, I suspect, you do not get what that makes you :).   I bet you believe Snyder made and forced the Haskins pick too.   And if Haskins is the savior, was that a good thing?   It didn't happen, but I bet you think it did, so you like it if it's good, right?

12 minutes ago, Art said:

So I thought we were supposed to stick to arguments and not directly insult other posters.

The Krakken here has mastered this circular logic of "The outcome reached by Dan Snyder was the outcome Dan Snyder wanted therefore Dan Snyder succeeded." Ignored is th underlying question of "Does Dan Snyder know what the hell he is doing?"

Yes, Dan closes a lot of deals. And he's really good at convincing you afterwards that he wasn't actually bidding against himself. The entire world was at the poker table, and he won. But that has not actually achieved anything in the 85 years he has owned the team.

Here's the problem with the franchise. Dan needs to be involved in the day to day running of the team. No team (outside of the 90s Yankees) has ever won with absentee ownership. So I am totally onboard with Dan being involved. Because it's the only way this can work.

I'm also resigned to the fact that it can never ever work because Dan is terrible at everything. He made one good decision in his life - convincing Mortimer Zuckerman to be his mentor. Everything good he's achieved has flowed from that. Everything bad has flowed from every other decision he ever made.

He's a billionaire with no actual record of success in anything. He has failed in every venture he has ever attempted save the one where he simply cashed out before said venture failed. So, here we are.

3 minutes ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

So I thought we were supposed to stick to arguments and not directly insult other posters.

So you are calling the poster "this".  Is that his preferred gender pronoun, or do you perhaps have difficulty following content?   What's the sentence before it.   What's the word - hint, it's "this" -- after it.   What am I calling hypocritical and dim?   Right.   Remember, I wrote the insult rules here.   Content matters.   I wrote the rule for myself, obviously, as I do not expect others to fully appreciate nuance.   You clearly seem to struggle, yeah?

2 minutes ago, Art said:

This will be easy so long as you keep saying the same thing.   Yeah, I get it.   You WANT Snyder to step in when you think he should, and you don't want him to when you think he shouldn't.   I totally get ya.   Yet, I suspect, you do not get what that makes you :).   I bet you believe Snyder made and forced the Haskins pick too.   And if Haskins is the savior, was that a good thing?   It didn't happen, but I bet you think it did, so you like it if it's good, right?

1) Snyder stepped in because our coach and GM wouldn’t.  There’s a problem right there. 

2)  It’s been reported numerous times our scouts didn’t want Haskins.  Allen and Snyder overruled them.  I don’t care if we selected him or not but it shouldn’t be the owner deciding our drafts. 

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

1) Snyder stepped in because our coach and GM wouldn’t.  There’s a problem right there. 

2)  It’s been reported numerous times our scouts didn’t want Haskins.  Allen and Snyder overruled them.  I don’t care if we selected him or not but it shouldn’t be the owner deciding our drafts. 

Again.   You see what you're doing?   Yelling, "SNYDER STAY OUT OF IT," except when I like that you don't.   You either want him in, or out.   Which?   I can tell which.   You want him in.   I mean, as long as it's under the terms you think are ok.   I'm pretty sure we're all glad you don't own the team, cause you'd probably act like, you know, you own the team.

1 minute ago, wilco_holland said:

Interesting we also fired the Head Trainer and Santos. Might be more house cleaning then we thought. 

HEss is gone. Just got word that SAntos is actually still around after earlier word was he was out. 

1 minute ago, Art said:

So you are calling the poster "this".  Is that his preferred gender pronoun, or do you perhaps have difficulty following content?   What's the sentence before it.   What's the word - hint, it's "this" -- after it.   What am I calling hypocritical and dim?   Right.   Remember, I wrote the insult rules here.   Content matters.   I wrote the rule for myself, obviously, as I do not expect others to fully appreciate nuance.   You clearly seem to struggle, yeah?

Ummm, huh?  You said "This makes you entirely hypocritical and dim."  The word "This" is a pronoun refering to your prior question.  However the remainder is clear "makes YOU hypocritical and dim".  That is as clear as can be.  You're calling the poster hypocritical and dim because of a stated opinion.  That is what I thought we were supposed to stay away from.  You didn't argue their opinion, you attacked their intelligence.

For so many years people (including myself) have been wanting Snyder to just torch the whole freaking thing and start over.  

Well here we go.

I'm ready to see if it actually works.

And why the hell not?

Wandering in the desert sucks, and everything else he has tried has mostly failed.

I'm picturing myself as the owner of the Redskins and trying to stay out of football operations as a fan and an owner. I don't know any of you, but I do know that most of your asses would be knee ****ing deep in what goes on........just my opinion. But I'm usually wrong so feel free to disregard.

4 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

1) Snyder was in the training room. The HC was on the field, doing his job, which was coaching. Why? Because the game wasn't over yet. 

2) We don't have a GM.

3) What is wrong with you? :) 

3 minutes ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

Ummm, huh?  You said "This makes you entirely hypocritical and dim."  The word "This" is a pronoun refering to your prior question.  However the remainder is clear "makes YOU hypocritical and dim".  That is as clear as can be.  You're calling the poster hypocritical and dim because of a stated opinion.  That is what I thought we were supposed to stay away from.  You didn't argue their opinion, you attacked their intelligence.

Yeah.    This refers to what?   Once you figure that out, a world of possibilities opens to you I suspect.

Secondarily, are you actually in Minnesota?   I am as well.   About to snow throw.   But not many of us up this way.

2 minutes ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

You need to go read & understand the Rule.

Yes, I am in Minnesota.  Northwest burb of Minneapolis called Rogers.  

And the "This" refers back to the prior question you posed, which was:

"So, you're saying you don't have a problem with Snyder telling the football people, you know, his coach, how they need to run a franchise when you agree with what he does, but you have a problem with Snyder telling the football people how to run a franchise when you don't?"  

However, I still propose that the rest of it is directed at the poster not their opinion.  Not to be an English nerd (because Lord knows I'm not), you could rewrite your sentence as "Your comment about Snyder makes you entirely hypocritical and dim".  I still don't see that improving things in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, TK said:

You need to go read & understand the Rule.

Maybe I do then.  I've seen it quoted often enough (not towards me though 😁 ).

34 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I don’t have a problem with Snyder protecting our potential franchise QB if our coach is too coward to make the call in a pointless game. (Though funny he let his main man Griffin get totaled as he sat there and watched.)  I have a problem with him telling the football people how they need to run the franchise.  The owner’s job is make sure the stadium is packed with fans watching a winning team.  He has failed in all accounts. Honestly I’d rather he have a consulting firm find a GM that sees the potential in the team.  Someone that has no agenda other than finding the right person.

You know, I was one that was against Dan telling Haskins what to do, not his job. He should have let this to the Doc and coach.

My point being that if he disagreed about how the players are treated, he should fire the doc, training staff and everything that goes with it.

Since now he's firing everyone (about last!) that move made sense then. And you bet he learned it from the RG3 days. Because what Shanny did was unprofessionnal (as well as Callahan and meds letting Haskins play against GB).

9 minutes ago, TK said:

HEss is gone. Just got word that SAntos is actually still around after earlier word was he was out. 

Sure Alex will love that hearing he's been fired but not :P

6 hours ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

Yes, I am in Minnesota.  Northwest burb of Minneapolis called Rogers.  

And the "This" refers back to the prior question you posed, which was:

"So, you're saying you don't have a problem with Snyder telling the football people, you know, his coach, how they need to run a franchise when you agree with what he does, but you have a problem with Snyder telling the football people how to run a franchise when you don't?"  

However, I still propose that the rest of it is directed at the poster not their opinion.  Not to be an English nerd (because Lord knows I'm not), you could rewrite your sentence as "Your comment about Snyder makes you entirely hypocritical and dim".  I still don't see that improving things in my opinion.

Maybe I do then.  I've seen it quoted often enough (not towards me though 😁 ).

Small world.   Shoreview here.   

<mod edit rule-violating content>

Archived