Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: STATEMENT BY WASHINGTON #REDSKINS OWNER DAN SNYDER-BRUCE ALLEN FIRED

TK

1 hour ago, Fred Jones said:

Great, but Dan still owns the team.  He is still the common denominator.

At this point, not sure if I want to give Dan the benefit of the doubt regarding the next GM or if no GM, person in charge of all football operations.

I've tried to remain optimistic about that over these last 21 seasons; the McCloughan debacle did it for me.  He had us on the right track and was on the outside looking in within two seasons.  (I contend the ownership did not support him as they should have.)

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Hmmmm...sounds like a conspiracy to make us renew our season tickets...😑

BAZINGA !! 

25 minutes ago, Louskins9193 said:

I wish I could get happy and excited about this but the one constant 

responsible for this mess for the last 20 years is still with us.

I'm surprised more people don't see it ... (or perhaps just not wanting to openly admit that fact)

16 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Would go ape**** if Gibbs is here to become Team Prez and run this show with fellow Carolinian Rivera. 

@Skinsfan1311 We found your conspiracy theory, brother.

59 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Someone's always got to be the Eeyore.

While it's Eeyore-istic, he's right. I posted this in the now-dead Bruce Allen GM thread. While Allen being shot into the sun us great, and I'm happy about it, this is just step 1. We went through the same celebration December 17, 2009. We ended up worse off--at least recordwise. I do not think Allen was worse than Cerrato--but that's a really low bad.

Snyder still concerns the hell out of me, as owner. Two things jump out--first his telling Dwayne Haskins to stay out against the Giants last week. Conflicting reports yadda, yadda, yadda, he should not have been involved. The other were the reports he wanted to switch to the 4-3 defense. Again, reports, but this shouldn't even be an issue--it's up to the staff and the football people. Snyder is NOT a football person.

I'll reiterate it here, but, we'll see...

4 minutes ago, HouseBowlrz said:

I've tried to remain optimistic about that over these last 21 seasons; the McCloughan debacle did it for me.  He had us on the right track and was on the outside looking in within two seasons.  (I contend the ownership did not support him as they should have.)

Was he though? From where I sit his drafts were pretty much atrocious. Josh Doctsom was the right track? Really?

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

While it's Eeyore-istic, he's right. I posted this in the now-dead Bruce Allen GM thread. While Allen being shot into the sun us great, and I'm happy about it, this is just step 1. We went through the same celebration December 17, 2009. We ended up worse off--at least recordwise. I do not think Allen was worse than Cerrato--but that's a really low bad.

For me, it's about timing. Today, we get to breathe a sigh of relief and celebrate. Tomorrow is a day to be evaluative or cynical. After this season, we deserve one day where we don't have to focus on the yuck. Being realistic is fine. It's realistic and hopeful to be glad of Allen's removal.

11 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

The other were the reports he wanted to switch to the 4-3 defense. Again, reports, but this shouldn't even be an issue--it's up to the staff and the football people. Snyder is NOT a football person.

I agree with you on everything, but I do look at this point as maybe someone he had been talking to outside the organization told him we had players better suited for a 4-3. To be fair me saying that is a bit of a stretch, but I could see it. Would go with why he’s maybe looking at someone who could bring that here and make it work?

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Wow. Can't believe Danny actually got rid of his buddy.

Which only means that he's already found a replacement.

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

It feels like Dan is shaping up for a bloodbath today. This is going to be fun.

It was fun after almost a decade of Norv.

Since then it's only been buffoonery and removing some buffoonery to install new and improved buffoonery.

I'm sure it's going to be different this time though. 💩

3 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

It was fun after almost a decade of Norv.

Since then it's only been buffoonery and removing some buffoonery to install new and improved buffoonery.

I'm sure it's going to be different this time though. 💩

Im sure you'll stick around as well to watch it all unfold. To be fair Dan has done nothing to warrant fan loyalty or support, but if you can't raise a smile to the outright disposal of Bruce there is no hope. 

Its must be like realising after 3 years your marriage is dead but sticking with it for the next decade just so you can piss and moan about it every day :ols:

8 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Sorry if this has already been said, but Kevin Sheehan is saying that he hears that the entire training staff is going to be wiped out.

As they should, especially the strength and conditioning guys who have done just a **** poor job of keeping the players healthy for a while now

40 minutes ago, UKskins said:

Brutal from Danny not to at least thank Bruce for his efforts. I don’t think he deserves thanks but that’s the kind of generic platitude normally dropped into these statements- things must be real icy between them from this and the video last night

Probably gave 'em the villainous last gasp "I made you! You're nothing without me!" Line.

Gotta hand it to the little ****stain. Sidnt think he had it in him. Thought for sure he was gonna put Bruce in a coffin to unleash on humanity in the next century or something. 

50 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Could this mean Trent would be willing to come back to play for us and retire with the redskins? Or are we better off letting him go and finding a replacement? 

I’d love to have him back, but i do understand replacing him since he’s older. 

Let him go. He's injured 1/3 of the season every year and wants to be paid the highest salary. Draft a young LT and replace him. Time to move on by all parties.

46 minutes ago, UKskins said:

Brutal from Danny not to at least thank Bruce for his efforts. I don’t think he deserves thanks but that’s the kind of generic platitude normally dropped into these statements- things must be real icy between them from this and the video last night

It's the Dan way. I think it's hard for him to fire people, so he has to develop a bit of hate for them before he moves on. You can feel that in the note. 

Would have loved to be a fly on the wall for the firing. I could imagine this blindsided Bruce in that they were probably being chummy and talking offseason the day before. 

9 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Its must be like realising after 3 years your marriage is dead but sticking with it for the next decade just so you can piss and moan about it every day :ols:

Yeah, something like that but don't let it stop your rave. Here is a song of celebration for you and Dan too:

So my question is how CLOSE are we now in comparison to the previous closeness?

:rofl89:

Archived