Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: STATEMENT BY WASHINGTON #REDSKINS OWNER DAN SNYDER-BRUCE ALLEN FIRED


Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Or are we better off letting him go and finding a replacement? 

 

We absolutely should be rebuilding. Get value for Williams while we can.

 

We can do a one-day contract with him in two years when he's ready to retire.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, UKskins said:

Was he though? From where I sit his drafts were pretty much atrocious. Josh Doctsom was the right track? Really?

 

I think Schirff (sp?) with the first pick of the 2015 draft had me thinking Scot was going to right the ship; that along with his previous success out west.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VRIEL1 said:

Let him go. He's injured 1/3 of the season every year and wants to be paid the highest salary. Draft a young LT and replace him. Time to move on by all parties.

 

I think it all depends on what he wants. If he wants to get a brand new deal as the top paid LT then no way, trade him. If he wants a modest extension now with some decent guaranteed money then I'd love to keep him here for another few years. Even when he's banged up he's still better than anything we have now at Tackle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fred Jones said:

Not a known source Robert Hansen believes " Schafer will move into Bruce's roll and Kyle Smith moved into more of a traditional gm role. "

 

I actually like this.  Give people within the organization a chance to excel.  Any GM you bring in would be a somewhat unknown commodity so if this happens I like it.  Just have to determine power structure, but it will be better with Allen gone.

 

Which brings me back to Urban Meyer. Why was he consulting if he was? Why was he sitting in DS booth yesterday? He knows nothing about NFL contracts or how to run an NFL team since he's never worked in the NFL. 

 

If your comment was the plan all a long then Meyer makes no sense. Is there a possibility Meyer wants into the NFL and DS wants his QB Haskins to work out so bad he's thinking of Urban Meyer for OC? If it works out then Meyer can think about his own coaching gig some where in the NFL some day?

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe now we can get Vinny back.  There are some really good all-pros from the early 2000s that could use some massive multi-million dollar contracts.  Unless ya'll are worried about... ya know... sacks 'n stuff  LOL

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

 

Which only means that he's already found a replacement.

It was fun after almost a decade of Norv.

Since then it's only been buffoonery and removing some buffoonery to install new and improved buffoonery.

I'm sure it's going to be different this time though. 💩

 

Speaking of Norv, guess who was Ron Rivera's offensive coordinator...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VRIEL1 said:

 

Which brings me back to Urban Meyer. Why was he consulting if he was? Why was he sitting in DS booth yesterday? He knows nothing about NFL contracts or how to run an NFL team since he's never worked in the NFL. 

 

If your comment was the plan all a long then Meyer makes no sense. Is there a possibility Meyer wants into the NFL and DS wants his QB Haskins to work out so bad he's thinking of Urban Meyer for OC? If it works out then Meyer can think about his own coaching gig some where in the NFL some day?

 

Terry McLaurin already said he invited Urban Meyer to the game last week. Are you sure he was at Dallas yesterday? I think you are reading too deeply into this and making a lot of assumptions and jumping to conclusions.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A true miracle from the Lord! I can still remember the fans around here that hated the Allen hire instantly because he was friends with Dan and wow were those people on the mark. I was skeptical but thought it could work and he would be here for fan relations and holy smokes was that OFF the mark 😂.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Won't make any difference unless Snyder gives the keys to Allen's replacement and stays completely out of the way of anything to do with football decisions. Only thing that caused this to happen is that old word "embarrassment" and people like Snyder can't tolerate being embarrassed.. Allen always was a useful idiot and his only value was deflecting blame. As more and more blame was being focused directly at Snyder, where it should be, Allen's value was diminished if not eliminated. Ironic that the Redskins' new coach was fired from Carolina probably because of losing to the Redskins.

Now here come the promos for season ticket sales for the new look 'Skins. Don't fall for them.

Edited by Smurf3
spelling
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, xxprodigyxx said:

Terry McLaurin already said he invited Urban Meyer to the game last week. Are you sure he was at Dallas yesterday? I think you are reading too deeply into this and making a lot of assumptions and jumping to conclusions.

 

Perhaps your right. The news media made it sound like he was at the Dallas game in DS booth. I also heard Terry invited him. Maybe it was just that but with the rumors of DS looking at him to be HC, then there was a rumor Meyer was one of the consultants who is not with the team. I just figure if DS is using him then he would have a plan for him as well. Some how. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

A true miracle from the Lord! I can still remember the fans around here that hated the Allen hire instantly because he was friends with Dan and wow were those people on the mark.

 

Yeah it's hard to believe that I've already been in don't believe anything they do mode for over a decade.

 

Dan Snyder is just too easy to predict.

 

Hopefully one day he proves me and others wrong but it hasn't happened yet.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VRIEL1 said:

 

Perhaps your right. The news media made it sound like he was at the Dallas game in DS booth. I also heard Terry invited him. Maybe it was just that but with the rumors of DS looking at him to be HC, then there was a rumor Meyer was one of the consultants who is not with the team. I just figure if DS is using him then he would have a plan for him as well. Some how. 

There's been stronger anecdotal evidence that Urban Meyer is interested in the Cowboys' job...if anything, I wouldn't be surprised if Meyer was using the opportunity to create leverage with Jerry Jones.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. This is amazing, F that dirty rat. What he did to Scot and others planting fake quotes etc. in the paper is shameful. Scumbag.

 

2. If we don't hire a real GM this doesn't matter. We should be hiring a GM and that GM should be hiring the coach. Rivera should be hired by a new GM. If he's the coach/GM nothing much will change.

 

The only organization that makes that work is New England  because Belichick is a football savant.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

 

Yeah it's hard to believe that I've already been in don't believe anything they do mode for over a decade.

 

Dan Snyder is just too easy to predict.

 

Hopefully one day he proves me and others wrong but it hasn't happened yet.

 

At this point I'm with you. Until the team shows improvement, until the draft picks make sense and don't look like DS is playing fantasy football, until there is a GM worth their money ... then I'm still on boycott mode by not purchasing team apparel. Unfortunately we all have been down this road before and I'm tired of getting duped. I feel like Charlie Brown getting the football pulled out from under us every year. Look at this shiny new thing..... uh it sucks. 

2 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

1. This is amazing, F that dirty rat. What he did to Scot and others planting fake quotes etc. in the paper is shameful. Scumbag.

 

2. If we don't hire a real GM this doesn't matter. We should be hiring a GM and that GM should be hiring the coach. Rivera should be hired by a new GM. If he's the coach/GM nothing much will change.

 

The only organization that makes that work is New England  because Belichick is a football savant.

 

Well the only good news is it appears DS is trying to duplicate them. It will only work if he stops playing fantasy football. Let the team build and grow. Pick through the draft like they did in the beginning. Then all he has to do is reap the benefits. I know they say he has been but ... little things would say otherwise. Not saying Haskins is good or bad cause I honestly don't know but the Haskins pick smells of a DS move. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sticksboi05 said:

1. This is amazing, F that dirty rat. What he did to Scot and others planting fake quotes etc. in the paper is shameful. Scumbag.

 

2. If we don't hire a real GM this doesn't matter. We should be hiring a GM and that GM should be hiring the coach. Rivera should be hired by a new GM. If he's the coach/GM nothing much will change.

 

The only organization that makes that work is New England  because Belichick is a football savant.

 

It works by everyone working in unison, with clearly defined roles/chain of command, and organizational empowerment and consensus, with one person bearing the ultimate responsibility of that process

 

When you have that, who picked who first is really irrelevant,  fellas. I get the angst. But things haven't worked because of widespread cronyism,  dysfunction, pettiness, penny penching, etc. Gm/coach is a symbiotic relationship,  whether the gm picks the coach or vice versa 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jumbo unpinned this topic
  • Jumbo locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...