Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: STATEMENT BY WASHINGTON #REDSKINS OWNER DAN SNYDER-BRUCE ALLEN FIRED

TK

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

But a good excuse to use...

This is not what I do when I get excited.

But when ya got a large family and ya dont order out..ya get dishes..when ya live the lo life waiting on taxes to fix the dishwasher you do them by hand...5 person family..3 12 year olds..I'm the laundry master damn it!!

3 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Yea, giving the Skins a D grade for firing Bruce Allen after 10 years of ineptitude is ridiculous lol

Agree that it would be unreasonable to not expect changes after a decade where the team you presided over had a record of 60-100 or whatever.

But, OTOH, is the third paragraph of the Walter Football report incorrect?  If not, who gets credit?

We are getting Rivera because of the players Bruce has put on the team in his three years in full control since Scot's run left us with precisely one good draft pick before he went nuts.   The article is actually right.   The core has enough promise that Bruce is to be thanked for finding players in one offseason to turn us from a really bad place to land to a preferred place.   This time a year ago we would NEVER have been close to getting a guy with the reputation of Rivera.   Haskins, Guice, McLaurin on rookie deals make this an attractive option because even if they suck, no one will blame the next coach, as that all goes to Allen.   :)

3 minutes ago, Art said:

We are getting Rivera because of the players Bruce has put on the team in his three years in full control since Scot's run left us with precisely one good draft pick before he went nuts.   The article is actually right.   The core has enough promise that Bruce is to be thanked for finding players in one offseason to turn us from a really bad place to land to a preferred place.   This time a year ago we would NEVER have been close to getting a guy with the reputation of Rivera.   Haskins, Guice, McLaurin on rookie deals make this an attractive option because even if they suck, no one will blame the next coach, as that all goes to Allen.   :)

The proof will be in the upcoming draft (minus Chase) who made the picks to add those players.

I find it hard to believe that Bruce all on his own was able to find all these guys who have been good players. Allen may have phoned in the picks, but I think the draft room who put that board together deserves the credit. Allen has never been a draft guy in his career that I'm aware of, odd that he'd start at 70 and hit multiple home runs 3 years running..

Just now, crabbypatty said:

The proof will be in the upcoming draft (minus Chase) who made the picks to add those players.

I find it hard to believe that Bruce all on his own was able to find all these guys who have been good players. Allen may have phoned in the picks, but I think the draft room who put that board together deserves the credit. Allen has never been a draft guy in his career that I'm aware of, odd that he'd start at 70 and hit multiple home runs 3 years running..

Uh.   This doesn't matter one iota.   Either Allen is to blame for the state of the franchise or he's to be credited.   We don't get to give Allen the bad but give Kyle Smith the good.   Allen's stamp on the organization since taking over everything from Scot was a priority on big school players with winning backgrounds.   If that works out, it was Allen who put that in place.    I am happy to have Kyle and Schaffer here as both are great for us.   But we know, right now, the state of the team to highly respected, in-demand football guys.   Rivera is here, not in New York with his GM buddy a great running back and an equally young QB.   Here.   That's because of the correction Bruce was able to bring in three years in full control after Scot.   And even if his bet fails, as it is LIKELY to since most picks are failures ultimately, he deserves praise for having us positioned to be a primo spot for football people to land.   That isn't to say Bruce was perfect.   But he put us where anyone who matters would want to come.   Rivera is by no means the greatest coach who ever lived.   But he'd be offered four jobs later today if he wanted them.   It means something he doesn't.

1 minute ago, Art said:

Either Allen is to blame for the state of the franchise or he's to be credited.   We don't get to give Allen the bad but give Kyle Smith the good.   Allen's stamp on the organization since taking over everything from Scot was a priority on big school players with winning backgrounds.   If that works out, it was Allen who put that in place.    I am happy to have Kyle and Schaffer here as both are great for us.   But we know, right now, the state of the team to highly respected, in-demand football guys.   Rivera is here, not in New York with his GM buddy a great running back and an equally young QB.   Here.   That's because of the correction Bruce was able to bring in three years in full control after Scot.   And even if his bet fails, as it is LIKELY to since most picks are failures ultimately, he deserves praise for having us positioned to be a primo spot for football people to land.   That isn't to say Bruce was perfect.   But he put us where anyone who matters would want to come.   Rivera is by no means the greatest coach who ever lived.   But he'd be offered four jobs later today if he wanted them.   It means something he doesn't.

Here is what I posted on WalterFootball:

Your evaluation of Allen is exactly why he needed to be shot into the sun: taking credit for other's successes while evading criticisms. Kyle Smith ran the draft and the draft board. Most of the last 2 drafts are accredited to him. Your evaluation of Allen also ignores his horrid coaching choices (D-coordinators mostly, which is also on Gruden). His FA signings were hot garbage. Name one that succeeded? Also he had the opportunity to sign Cousins for about $15-$16m per year. Which would have been a great deal, IMO. He botched that. Finally read his ham-handed handling of Trent Williams, the contract he gave to Alex Smith, the trade for Smith (which you give a Millen Grade to, I believe). His presser after Gruden got canned. The list goes on.

Bruce Allen had a 62-100-1 record. His free agent signings were horrible. No coaches wanted to come here with him in place.

Such wonderful news and cause for celebration... but it’s just one, long overdue, step in a sea of them that need to occur. 

I’m especially happy for those of us who’ve been on this train of not only recognizing it, but honing in on Bruce’s terrible job all the while making it a point not to trash anyone else in the process. You guys know who you are. I know how hard it’s been. :) 

4 hours ago, UKskins said:

JP Finley also reporting on twitter that significant changes coming to trainers and rehab staff. Can only be a good thing.

https://twitter.com/JPFinlayNBCS/status/1211640241188220928?s=20

Aaaaaaaand there’s another one of those steps I was looking for. 

If this is true... just, wow. :) 

2 minutes ago, Art said:

Uh.   This doesn't matter one iota.   Either Allen is to blame for the state of the franchise or he's to be credited.   We don't get to give Allen the bad but give Kyle Smith the good.   Allen's stamp on the organization since taking over everything from Scot was a priority on big school players with winning backgrounds.   If that works out, it was Allen who put that in place.    I am happy to have Kyle and Schaffer here as both are great for us.   But we know, right now, the state of the team to highly respected, in-demand football guys.   Rivera is here, not in New York with his GM buddy a great running back and an equally young QB.   Here.   That's because of the correction Bruce was able to bring in three years in full control after Scot.   And even if his bet fails, as it is LIKELY to since most picks are failures ultimately, he deserves praise for having us positioned to be a primo spot for football people to land.   That isn't to say Bruce was perfect.   But he put us where anyone who matters would want to come.   Rivera is by no means the greatest coach who ever lived.   But he'd be offered four jobs later today if he wanted them.   It means something he doesn't.

can he be both?

I see what you're saying, good with the bad and all, and some things were good during his tenure (big school winning guys) but it hasn't translated to squat on the field.

The product on the field is the result of a crony hire for HC and his assistants. I'm still not convinced the Scot issue wasn't of brucifer's making.. along with the Kirk situation, the Alex situation, the Trent situation, etc etc.

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Here is what I posted on WalterFootball:

Your evaluation of Allen is exactly why he needed to be shot into the sun: taking credit for other's successes while evading criticisms. Kyle Smith ran the draft and the draft board. Most of the last 2 drafts are accredited to him. Your evaluation of Allen also ignores his horrid coaching choices (D-coordinators mostly, which is also on Gruden). His FA signings were hot garbage. Name one that succeeded? Also he had the opportunity to sign Cousins for about $15-$16m per year. Which would have been a great deal, IMO. He botched that. Finally read his ham-handed handling of Trent Williams, the contract he gave to Alex Smith, the trade for Smith (which you give a Millen Grade to, I believe). His presser after Gruden got canned. The list goes on.

Bruce Allen had a 62-100-1 record. His free agent signings were horrible. No coaches wanted to come here with him in place.

So, Bruce owns precisely ZERO part of the record under Shanny, who was in full and total control of all aspects of the team.   Bruce does, however, OWN the team's personnel since he brought in Gruden.   He doesn't actually get a win/loss record, but he hired the guy who has the win/loss record so that's on him.   Bruce has owned total personnel control the last three years after Scot, then two years before Scot.   I am fully fine with it being time for a change.   it is time for a change.   Absolutely.   But the plain and simple fact is Rivera has options.   Including a place with a better stadium, a GM he has worked with before, an elite runner, a bigger market, a young QB on a rookie deal and he is entirely blowing them off.   That's because the personnel has typically been the least of our concern -- obviously until 20+ players land on IR every year.   Most football people see the personnel and think they could make it go.   Rivera thinks he can make it go.   Maybe he'll be wrong and the true death of Allen's reputation can be complete.   Maybe he'll be right, and you'll help fund the statue in Allen's honor :).

1 minute ago, crabbypatty said:

can he be both?

I see what you're saying, good with the bad and all, and some things were good during his tenure (big school winning guys) but it hasn't translated to squat on the field.

The product on the field is the result of a crony hire for HC and his assistants. I'm still not convinced the Scot issue wasn't of brucifer's making.. along with the Kirk situation, the Alex situation, the Trent situation, etc etc.

Yes, it can be both especially from the perspective he has had his time.   Allen is a bit like Grunfeld was with the Wizards.   Each thing kind of worked for the most part in and of itself but none of it worked together.   And while Allen is not responsible for a coaching staff who refused to mildly adjust to the realities of the players they had, he IS responsible for hiring coaches who did that, so that's his fault.   it was and is time for him to go.   However, I suspect if we win in the next couple of years with these players, we'll remember him far better than we think.   And I certainly hope that's the case.   Because if we win a lot next year and the year after and the year after I'll be GRATEFUL to thank him for putting us in that position.   I imagine you will be to.   

11 minutes ago, Art said:

Pretty funny then that the reports are that so many "football people" wouldn't come here unless Bruce was gone.

4 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Wait, what!? Why would he be safe if his own employees were an issue? 

Ugh, just when I was starting to get really excited.

It’s really hard to believe he had no hand in the issues there, but maybe it was more about being undermined in his role and the structure than his job. I don’t know. 😕 

4 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Sorry if this has already been said, but Kevin Sheehan is saying that he hears that the entire training staff is going to be wiped out.

You guys are just playing with my emotions now. :ols: 

2 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

It’s really hard to believe he had no hand in this issues there, but maybe it was more about being undermined in his role and the structure than his job. I don’t know. 😕 

They need to address injury prevention--the Nationals did something similar after 2015, blew out their staff. Depends on what Hess role in the injuries was. It's hard for me to assess him personally, rather than the department as a whole. Does that make sense?

3 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

It’s really hard to believe he had no hand in this issues there, but maybe it was more about being undermined in his role and the structure than his job. I don’t know. 😕 

IDK, maybe you need someone in there temporarily to assist players rehabbing and until they bring in the new guys/gals.  

21 minutes ago, Art said:

Hah, sure.  

Because producing 6 good players in 3 drafts is better than 7 in 2 drafts.  If only Allen had been given more time, 10 years is hardly enough! I cant believe Jay only got 6!

Archived