Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Well, not always the QB's fault here.  We have seen several to go to other places and flourish as either our system at the time was not a good fit or our coaching staff was not a good fit our our front office cannot recognize talent or anything else we can think of.  

19 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

.....how does releasing him make us a “clown show”? It was a decision that had to be made. He sucks 

Its the end result of the clown show.

We're the only franchise in the NFL that allows QBs to walk for nothing. (see Kirk Cousins) Or gets peanuts for their All-Pro LT because his feud with the team is 100% public. 

Haskins was gone as of 2019 and the signing of Rivera/Turner. There needs to be someone in charge with long-term plans. (GM) 

1 minute ago, RFK Lives said:

Well, not always the QB's fault here.  We have seen several to go to other places and flourish as either our system at the time was not a good fit or our coaching staff was not a good fit our our front office cannot recognize talent or anything else we can think of.  

This seems like the type of thing he's been hearing his whole life. I can promise you he has himself to blame for most everything that has happened here and he won't have a football career much longer if he doesn't change his mentality.

15 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Shanny staked his reputation on Beck, one ruined reputation is enough for him. Hadskins did so much better. He basically took out Gruden, Allen, Doug while also burning Dan. EVERYONE hates him, including the media and probably even his own teammates. Hadskins is a god among busts.

Because he’s the QB Washington deserved, but not the one it needed right now....

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

His agent has legit clients. Haskins has offset language. Haskins isn’t making any more money in the NFL. His agent is not flying from California to meet him. He needs to take the 4 million he will be paid the next 2 years and build something outside of football. Dude made 14 million for 1 good year of college ball. No one needs to be crying for him. 

Correct.

If he has a good financial advisor and the discipline to  listen to him he will be financially set for life. Not in a true generational wealth way but certainly enough to provide for himself and his immediate family.

47 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I don't think it's piling on at all. And I don't think it's unfair to bring it all back up.  We are talking about a very unusual situation, a first round QB who busts so badly he is released before the end of his second season. Has that ever happened before?

I had to listen to this "he got a raw deal" "the coach didn't want him" crap for 2 seasons. As I tried to explain Gruden was right all along, Hell he deserves an apology from those fans who blamed him and not the player.  They kept blaming everyone but the player up until yesterday.  Screw that. 

Makes you wonder how Gruden could see it and Rivera couldn't or didn't care.

1 minute ago, RFK Lives said:

Not one QB from this team in the past 20 years have gone on and flourished with other teams. Not one. Even #8 sucks right about now. 

46 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

.....how does releasing him make us a “clown show”? It was a decision that had to be made. He sucks 

It was drafting a guy in the first round that you couldn’t justify keeping for 2 full seasons that makes us a clown show

5 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I think the front office was concerned if they deactivated him for Sunday night that if Skins win he would show up to party after the game with the team and then invite the team to his house for some stripper pole activities.  So they decided to cut him today instead.

Lol! Too bad. Had they suspended him before the game they could have got out of the contract/cap hit

28 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Sometimes its best look at this from a humanity standpoint. Imagine if you had a dream that became a reality through hard work and dedication. Only to run into a learning experience that sets you back. Its not easy. But it happens. I am rooting for the hometown kid to recover from this episode. But I also rooting for folks that have a tendency to love people's misery. Good luck.

I'd agree with you if Haskins ever appeared relentlessly dedicated to his craft and did and said all the right things.  You hate to see it when folks who are trying their hardest simply don't have what it takes to make it.  But Haskins has been rather ****y and nonchalant about who he is as an NFL quarterback, going back to draft day.  He's also rich, most people who find out they can't live out their 'dream' are broke and in debt.  

I went back to October posts. It's entertaining watching posters explain that the 4th and goal pass that didn't even go into the end zone was on everyone but the player who made the throw as they lecture others on their ignorance.

It's really entertaining looking at those posters making excuse after excuse for an inept QB.  Funny I don't see those posters today. 

4 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Not one QB from this team in the past 20 years have gone on and flourished with other teams. Not one. Even #8 sucks right about now. 

Kirk absolutely does not suck right now lol. I believe he was just named NFC Offensive Player of the Month in November with some ridiculous stats. Vikings are a mess for a lot of reasons but Kirk is still one of the better QBs in the league.

Archived