Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Welcome to the Washington Redskins young man.  

2562282.png&f=png&w=308&c=71

DWAYNE HASKINS

OHIO STATE

QB

HEIGHT 6' 3"

WEIGHT 231 lbs

ARMS 33 1/2”

HANDS 

9 5/8”

40 Yard Dash

Vertical Jump

Dwayne Haskins

Overview

Big and talented with explosive arm talent but limited mobility Haskins is a chance-taker with the arm strength to get away with some tight window throws that most in this class can't make. Haskins is still very early in his journey and is prone to misreading coverage and stalling in getting through his progressions. While this is normal for an inexperienced quarterback, Haskins is going to be forced to learn on the fly against NFL speed and defensive coordinators conspiring to defeat him. His athletic limitations could keep him pocket-bound, but he has the arm talent, confidence and pocket savvy to become a good NFL starter if he's protected and given the time to develop early on.

Strengths

Groomed for this moment since he was young

Rare passing production

Has been mentored by NFL receiver Mohamed Sanu

Well-schooled with understanding of how to get himself protected

Will bet big to win big

Confident to take chances and complete game-changing throws

Shows potential to be a full-field reader on NFL level

Effortless throwing motion

Can uncork a plus fastball with just the flick of his wrist

Scans with ball tucked close and feet bouncing from target to target

Ball explodes out of his hands when driving it down the field

Has deep ball arm to wait out coverage and hit the fastest targets in stride

Alters trajectory depending on coverage and space

Willing to stand in and take the hit to deliver the ball

Able to deliver and complete throws from unconventional angles

Excellent sense of developing pressure from the edge

Pocket mobile to climb and slide into safe launch spots

Sturdy build to shake free of pocket traffic

Explosive, clutch production to finish final four games

*Click Link For More* 

Just now, sjinhan said:

Well i hope all of us are wrong about him... but at least we dont have to start him right away...

yes we do, it's 2019 and Snyder loves him.  Case isn't exactly the well-respected veteran you prefer to have your rookie learn behind, either.

2 minutes ago, LittleTinyUnbornBaby said:

I'm not mad but we could have taken Sweat or A.J. Brown and forced AZ to trade us Rosen for our 2nd. The market for Rosen would have been dead if we didn't take Haskins. He would have fallen into our laps. It would have been a ballsy move but this is much safer. Here's to hoping Haskins is the next Doug Williams

You cant force another team to trade with you lol.

It's a risky pick, but I'm cool with it. It's not Daniel Jones and I actually feel bad that the Giants burned a sixth overall on a guy that no one seems to think is worth a first rounder (Yes, I feel bad for the Giants. It's like they're being run by the new guy in a fantasy sports league. No team deserves that). The other big names were off the board outside two Mississippi State guys who are falling for health reasons. The team didn't trade up to 3rd pick. So i'm not sure this will work out, but its an acceptable gamble.

You all remind me of the Iggle fans when they drafted McNabb. We got the best QB in this years draft, didnt have to trade up for him AND we desperately need a franchise QB. He play big time for a big school in a big conference. We have a chance to have the best QB we have ever had. Totally stoked and im a Michigan fan. 

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

So why did haskins only have one year of college production?

I don't follow college football enough to know why.

He was a sophomore who backed up J. T. Barrett (4 year starter) his freshman year. He declared early giving up his junior and senior years

Archived