Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

4 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Sometimes its best look at this from a humanity standpoint. Imagine if you had a dream that became a reality through hard work and dedication. Only to run into a learning experience that sets you back. Its not easy. But it happens. I am rooting for the hometown kid to recover from this episode. But I also rooting for folks that have a tendency to love people's misery. Good luck.

But that's the thing. The dream never became a reality and that happened because he didn't put in the hard work and dedication. The team called him on it, and now he's bounced.

Man I wish he hadn’t had done that cringey run onto the field to dap Taylor Heinicke up it was so awkward and embarrassing

Iv said pretty nasty **** about the guy in the heat of the game, but at the heart of it all through his flaws it’s kinda just sad to see a young guy have his whole career fall apart so quickly, on a human level I genuinely hope for his sake he finds happiness in his future career

39 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

It's $8.5M for 2021 and 2022. We have only paid 2019 and 2020. I don't think anyone will pick that up. 

8.5 is our cost due to bonus.  4.2 mill is prorated bonus that was already paid.

1.8 mill for 2021, 2.5 mill 2022 is all that another team would pay and still get a 5th year option I believe.  But about 4.3 mill back to us.

Still doubt anyone does. 

37 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Interesting question, this made me wanna look it up.   Turns out Wayne Peace was drafted in the first round of the supplemental draft by the Bengals in '84 and was released in the preseason of '85.  So he never even made it to a second season.

Doesn’t Johnny Manziel fit? Drafted 22nd overall in 2014, released at the end of 2015 season?

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I would love to kick tires on Kaep in the offseason.  He’d probably have to give a speech or two at Liberty and brush up on Lord Of The Rings trivia to win over the fanbase, tho.

Kaep is better in peoples memories than in reality.  He’s another Alex Smith, but with better style.  (And a lot more finger wagging)

1 minute ago, Sellersfan said:

Doesn’t Johnny Manziel fit? Drafted 22nd overall in 2014, released at the end of 2015 season?

Their criteria for the question was "before the end of the second season", so technically Manzeil made it through the second season before being cut.

Just now, NickyJ said:

But that's the thing. The dream never became a reality and that happened because he didn't put in the hard work and dedication. The team called him on it, and now he's bounced.

The dream ceases to become reality when you die. Remember that. Taylor H s a prime example.  And don't pull the well he's a better player crap. The NFL is part talent, part opportunity/hookup part what coach likes you and can get you a job. Saying its over speaks more to your own mindset than DH. 

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

Their criteria for the question was "before the end of the second season", so technically Manzeil made it through the second season before being cut.

I get it. I just think his career path is similar to Johnny football and more recent, where some people go back to Jamarcus or Leaf

6 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Jeff Hostetler was pretty bad for us.

All of WTF QB have been bad. Otherwise this team would have some playoff wins. Its been poor play for eons. We tend to be where our feet are with this team and vaguely remember the details of some of the past non-performer under center. 

23 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Remember a while ago all the nonsense from his agent?  Now the agent and Haskins will meet tomorrow at a fancy DC restaurant to figure out next steps to rehab his career.  If I was an NFL player I would not sign with Haskins agent.

His agent has legit clients. Haskins has offset language. Haskins isn’t making any more money in the NFL. His agent is not flying from California to meet him. He needs to take the 4 million he will be paid the next 2 years and build something outside of football. Dude made 14 million for 1 good year of college ball. No one needs to be crying for him. 

1 minute ago, joeken24 said:

All of WTF QB have been bad. Otherwise this team would have some playoff wins. Its been poor play for eons. We tend to be where our feet are with this team and vaguely remember the details of some of the past non-performer under center. 

I dunno about only. There is an argument to be made that Griffin was ruined due to multiple injuries. And that Cousins only problem was his greed and would be playing for us now otherwise. I could probably name more.

I mean, look how sexy Rex Grossman was. 

25 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Has anyone actually visited his site?

https://kingdomofpride.com/ 

If you need more laughs today and want to "Embrace your inner lion."

You can’t make this **** up. I bet this is a future candidate for 2 for $10 shelf at The Dollar Store:

https://kingdomofpride.com/products/black-simba-young-king-crowned-by-god-sweatshirt

Black Simba Young King

Crowned By God Sweatshirt

Regular price$49.99

Archived