Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Good riddance.  Needed to happen, and I am happy they did it now than to hang onto him trying to convince themselves they could get a late round pick.

I hope snyder now realizes he shouldn't play gm.  I won't hold my breath.

Trying to find the positive aspect, if we didn't have DH and his awful QB skills, we wouldn't have gotten chase young this year.   In the end, I'll take chase young even if it means we flushed #15 in 2019 down the toilet.  

25 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Your not allowed to have hope! Sacrilege!

Smith beats Philly to win the division. He then beats Wilson and Seattle. He then outdewles Brady and we go to the super bowl where he blows away Andy Reid and Mahomes and is the MVP and Chiefs fans are sorry they traded him.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

My god, somebody please stop this.  A day in which we are supposed to be joining together in our pleasure of Dwayne's release, and we're back to Kirk.  Not only that but 'I'd rather have Dwayne than Kirk' hyperbole.  My god.

Reads off hand 

I apologize for my actions and will do better moving forward. 

This quote says it all.

Haskins played in 15 games over two seasons with Washington, compiling a Total QBR of 29.4 -- the league average during that time was 63.5.

Poor preparation and attitude is what ultimately cost him, IMO. The truly awful quarterbacking was just the icing on the cake.

12 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Imagine using a Dwayne Haskins thread to bash Kirk Cousins 😂.

Sorry, but this organization would be in such a better spot if they had done the right thing and signed Cousins to a reasonable contract in 2014 - or if they had just let him go instead of having the two lame duck seasons.

Assuming everything else played out identically and we're the team we are today but without the dwayne haskins debacle or Alex smiths contract then you're right.

Unfortunately that's not how it would have played out, we could possibly still have gruden as head coach, unlikely we'd have chase young, etc, etc.

I have no idea if we'd be better off right now had we signed Cousins but I'd be willing to wager we'd be better off right now if he was on our roster.

Our quarterback situation is a mess to say the least.

3 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

This quote says it all.

[quote]Haskins played in 15 games over two seasons with Washington, compiling a Total QBR of 29.4 -- the league average during that time was 63.5.[/quote]

Poor preparation and attitude is what ultimately cost him, IMO. The truly awful quarterbacking was just the icing on the cake.

He was a bad quarterback and an asshole. Bye. 

The difference between this and previous years is that we still have one game left to correct our mistakes after making a crucial move. Let's take care of business with Philly. 

1 hour ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Correct.

If he has a good financial advisor and the discipline to  listen to him he will be financially set for life. Not in a true generational wealth way but certainly enough to provide for himself and his immediate family.

Do we still have to pay him? Thought rookie contracts are not guaranteed.

4 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Do we still have to pay him? Thought rookie contracts are not guaranteed.

Every contract has guaranteed money, rookies and vets. The remainder of the guaranteed portion is still due if you cut the player. We're on the hook for $8.5M next year, unless somebody claims him, in which case the new team would take on $4M or so of that burden. Though, nobody is going to claim him, when they can sign him as a FA and pay him a vet minimum salary.

55 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

We were never going to win with Kirk. 

Win big? No doubt, he will only take you so far. But let's not forget that we are 16-31 since he left. So there's that.  I don't want to get into Kirk yet again but it's still true that he has been the best Washington QB in decades and as they are finding out a QB even as limited as Kirk is it is not so easy to replace him with a better one.    So here we go again, in yet another attempt to find a long term answer at the position.  

2 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

Not good but then what choice did Joe have?  If he says no he looks like a jerk.  Its just sad that the number has been tarnished like it has.

It hasn’t been tarnished in the least imo, give it three years and none of us will even remember what number Haskins wore at all. He didn’t do anything that makes him memorable other than be a bust, there’s hardly any on-field memories to even tie to that number 7. 

2 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Sucks, thats cap space we need, it makes more sense to just deactivate him and give him away for free by trade, similar to what the Rams did with Talib.

with rollover and the projected cap we would still have like 62 mill, more if we part ways with Smith

28 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

As well as being devoid of the application needed to get the best out of himself, I actually think Haskins has pushed enough buttons intentionally to get out of here. The writing has been on the wall all year. He has known that.

You think he purposely sabotaged his career to the point where he will be lucky to hang on to a roster spot just to get away from his hometown team where his friends and family can attend games and stroke his ego?  Interesting perspective.  

Can we get back to the cap hit?  I kept seeing 8.5 Million but is that spread over the next 2 seasons or all in 2021?

2 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

I hope my Packers don’t sign him as a backup lol

Oh you didn’t hear? The guy who plays Jake from State Farm was high on PCP on the set of a commercial today and killed both Rogers and Mahomes. Sucks to be you but on the bright side, really opens up some opportunities for Washington to maybe make a run this year.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

We should have paid Cousins what he was worth after 2014, 2015 at the latest, but that's another story. 

We should have paid Kirk the amount he first asked for at the end of his rook contract but we balked so then he started playing full time and he wanted big bucks. Remember he threw a int against the Giants costing us a playoff then had the balls to go into the office and ask for $20 plus mil I think. He has 

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Why? it's not like he knows the offense or anything...

The best post.

Archived