Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

3 hours ago, NYSkins21 said:

That's exactly what that was. "I'm going to exaggerate my leadership skills to show everyone I'm a leader, even after being benched.". It reminded me of "Eat that W" pre game speech. Forced and cringey as hell!

In his defense though he's learning how to deal with his pride and ego taking a huge hit. He cant get out of his own way.

It just seemed so phony.  "Hey look at what a great teammate I am" in a very awkward way of showing it.

• Like 1
Just now, JSSkinz said:

Sucks, thats cap space we need, it makes more sense to just deactivate him and give him away for free by trade, similar to what the Rams did with Talib.

No one is taking on his salary. His deal is completely guaranteed. We are paying that money no matter what. Rip the band aid off. A week late but better late than never. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Not sure about that as it only shines a bright light on how poor Dan is at... well basically everything related to owning a football team.  I think Ron made the call and might have told Dan but its Ron's decision and Dan just needs to swallow it.

Either way, it indicates to me that Dan's last mistake has been released. Maybe this indicates a true coach centered/player centered culture.

• Like 2

The fact that DH was released today means to me that it goes well beyond his bad play and even beyond his poor off the field decision making.  They could of waited another week as there is a chance the season is over anyway.  I think they realized that DH is toxic and basically just having him around has a negative affect on the team.  Releasing him today says a lot.  I just wish they would have made this decision earlier.

Obviously no one would trade for him at this point so why keep a player around who (I believe) even his team mates don't like.  No one in the building wanted him around.  Sucks to be Haskins today but its his own doing.  Id be willing to bet IF he gets picked up in the offseason (which is likely since he was a 1st rounder from a big school with a big arm) he won't make a team.  Will be on a practice squad for a year or two and never be heard from again.  He won't get picked up off waivers as no one would want to pay the money he is owed. 

Edited by Idaho fan
  • Like 1
Just now, SoCalSkins said:

No one is taking on his salary. His deal is completely guaranteed. We are paying that money no matter what. Rip the band aid off. A week late but better late than never. 

His base salary isn't much over the next 2 years but yeah, he's damaged goods so it wouldn't have been easy, time to move on.

5 minutes ago, ultravin said:

that is this year's dead cap if he was released this year.  next year it'll be 4.5 dead cap which they can afford.  1.5 for collins also if they get rid of him.

Sorry but you are incorrect. This is the 2020 season. If he is released from the 2021 season which he jsut was the dead cap is 2021 and 2022 which is the $8.5M (also affordable). Here it is from overthecap.com 

image.png.60f9c9c4f40bb62831716dd164dff0b4.png

Just now, joeken24 said:

Either way, it indicates to me that Dan's last mistake has been released. Maybe this indicates a true coach centered/player centered culture.

This started with Marty. Dan really wanted to draft Santana Moss, Marty overrode him and drafted Rod 50/50 Gardener instead. After that Dan has been convinced he’s smarter than the football people. He needed a massive bust like to blow up in his face to realize that just because he was right once nearly 20 years ago that he’s not in fact smarter than the football people. He had Vinny to blame for Haynesworth and Archuletta. This one is 100% on Dan.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I get where you guys are coming from, but that message seems to have been sent via USPS because it’s a week too late IMO.

Definitely agree Ron mis-handled this situation and my post history indicates as much. But just like my gf's period, better late than never. (The analogy is relevant bc both situations center on an un-wanted baby)  

• Haha 7
  • PCS locked this topic