Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 minute ago, tshile said:

It was drafting a guy in the first round that you couldn’t justify keeping for 2 full seasons that makes us a clown show

The thing is you can never quantify the importance of maturity and personality and there is always risk for that reason. Maybe they thought he would mature because there is no denying the physical traits are there. It ended up being a bad selection but a Clown Show is more of a hindsight is 20/20 remark.

I don't get the piling on the "we can't pick talent" bs.  Haskins was touted as a Snyder pick.  Our drafting and FA acquisitions have improved since the brief SM stint. 

I feel bad for DH;  it has to be devastating for him.  Props to him to at least saying the right things publicly.  No need to pile on; hopefully he can figure it out or at least make good decisions as a non-pro player.

I'm so glad this is over.

Although I wish Dwayne would have rode the bench for 2-3 years, everything worked perfectly for him to not succeed: Stupid Dan's draft meddling, Alex and Kyle's injuries with no better 3rd option and Dwayne's immaturity.

I still think he can be a good QB, but wherever he goes, he needs to stay on that bench, shut up and work.

Hopefully now, this is a complete clean slate for Ron. **** OUT THE WAY DAN!

2 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

The thing is you can never quantify the importance of maturity and personality and there is always risk for that reason. Maybe they thought he would mature because there is no denying the physical traits are there. It ended up being a bad selection but a Clown Show is more of a hindsight is 20/20 remark.

No its not.  Plenty of us called it a clown show in the moment.  

Anytime your owner overrules the scouting department and forces a pick, its a full on clown show.

Just now, 86 Snyder said:

Anytime your owner overrules the scouting department and forces a pick, its a full on clown show.

We were a clown show and continue to deal with the ramifications of being a clown show in the recent past. What we did today at cost to us was a necessary culture move that, if anything, came a week late. 

3 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

well, I’ve reached a point where we are a clown show until proving otherwise. Until snyder is gone or this team establishes a track record of not being a clown show, they get no benefit of the doubt from me. 

I realize plenty of people have much lower bars for that. 

some appear to have no bar. 

such is the life of fandom. 

and yeah I agree. Maturity matters. And for some reason we’ve got a petty bad track record of figuring that out before drafting people. The flags have been there with Haskins for a while. If I recall correctly it stated with the weird Twitter comments when he wasn’t starting after being drafted, but it doesn’t even really matter. 

the bottom line is as an organization we couldn’t even justify keeping a first round draft pick around for two whole seasons. 

that’s a failure. And given the track record it’s more clownery by a proven clown show. 

yay. Rivera cut bait. Yay. Great improvement. 🙄

wake me when the accolades are for not making such dumb mistakes to begin with, instead of starting to dig out of the latest hole we dug for ourselves. 

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

Yeah. Because he’s really flourished in Minnesota.

Not really the point. His asking price before our playoff appearance was absolutely fair relative to his performance and we could have parlayed that into a superior overall roster. He's a decent QB, we could have gone far with him with what we have now. Instead, we strung him along, suffered through multiple franchise tags and let him go for nothing. 

Oh well. 

11 minutes ago, tshile said:

It was drafting a guy in the first round that you couldn’t justify keeping for 2 full seasons that makes us a clown show

Yes, the clown show (Snyder and Allen) drafted him, but Rivera pulled the plug on him after 4 games and put him back in because of the limited options.  Trashkins made himself the clown show with his play on the field and his crap off the field.  He should've been released a week ago, but the clown show is no longer running this team.

4 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

The Redskins wanted a franchise quarterback and they didn’t think Kirk should be paid franchise money until he proved it.  I think Rivera would agree.

Kirk needs to go far into the playoffs to justify his salary.

He's head and shoulders the best QB we've had in years, but in many ways he's a true WFT/Redskin.  He shows enough promise to break your heart. When you expect mediocrity, he plays above his level.

6 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Also, I’m sick of that as some sort of an excuse. 

we’re not a clown show because the owner took over the pick and made it himself but we have quality football people otherwise...

1- lol that’s a terrible justification 

2- We’ve seen this over and over. Wake up. 

1 minute ago, SAli457180 said:

but the clown show is no longer running this team.

This is super naive but bless you for the willingness to try to find good 

Just now, 86 Snyder said:

You knew about all that at the moment of the pick? Nice work. Like I said hindsight is 20/20.  For me, I started to realize he wouldn't pan out as he revealed his maturity issues down the road.

9 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

The Redskins wanted a franchise quarterback and they didn’t think Kirk should be paid franchise money until he proved it.  I think Rivera would agree.

Kirk needs to go far into the playoffs to justify his salary.

1) They had the option to sign him to a very team friendly deal and didn't do it that could have locked him up for several years and given them cap space to sign talent in other areas.

2) Kirk won a playoff game just last year, which anyone on this board would kill for after 15 years.

Archived