Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I hope he figures it out and excels somewhere. But I’m glad it’s over here.

This in full.  I dislike the player he is and the decisions he's made, but I hope he is able to learn from it and do well somewhere else.

Unless it affects our draft position/playoff chances, then I hope he fails those particular games just as I do every former Redskin.

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

Just saw that Urban Meyer is getting considered for NFL HC jobs so that's likely where he'll end up if Meyer takes a HC job.

I dunno about that, why would Meyer want to start this term out with a proven failure?

DH didn't process info on the field quickly. This does not make him dumb -- Ramsey had the same problem. He would see something but not throw it. And coming from a powerhouse like Ohio State where guys are open and everything is made so easy for you doesn't help. It was mind-boggling to see TH come in yesterday and instantly trust what he sees and let it rip. Carolina was in soft coverage, but still. The NFL is nuts. 

23 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

DH needs to go back to college, get his degree in what ever he finds interesting. Keep grinding. Maybe you play in the XFL or whatever football league you can get in. But most importantly, seek to revive your self confidence. But also learn and practice humility. I don't want you on the team. But personally, I never want anyone who's had dreams to play in the NFL to have those dreams fail. Good luck local kid. Sorry it ended this way. But like you said, the most important thing for you right now is to get your life together. 

I envision him giving speeches to rookies on behalf of the NFL symposium talking about what happens when you don’t care and believe your own hype.

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I think you’re overthinking it. I think it would have been done a while ago if we had any proof The Heinie Man could handle playing in key situations. He showed he could and that was it. No reason to keep him around and inactive. Just move on from it.

I think you are over simplifying it. He was a first round pick.  A QB with a big arm from a big school with big wins.  No team would simply release a player like that two years after taking him in the first round as they have some value (look at Josh Rosen).  Haskins if not a toxic idiot would have been kept and dealt for a 4th or 5th or something... He just has no value at this point and Ron couldn't wait for him to be gone because of who he is.  

I get your point - I just think this decision says more about Haskins than about Heinie or anyone else remaining on the team.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

I do that every time. lol. I’d rather just move on from the whole thing than have a million posters and journalists spend their time saying “I told you so”. It’s done. He’s gone. He was a mistake and rehashing the details of that mistake won’t make us a better team going forward.

I dunno man.  I'm 39 years old and I thought people would have stopped loving saying "I told you so," after high school, maybe college.  

But I joined Extremeskins and figured out quickly that wasn't the case.

Even outside of this board, I know a LOT of people in different walks of life that loooooooooove to say "I told you so."  People just love being right, it is what it is.

That said, I don't take any umbrage with Russini's tweets.  An autopsy here is natural and she probably thinks that the fans of this team (since she spent time here) want some comfort in knowing that the football people hired to make football decisions didn't want any part of Haskins during the draft.

Just now, Ball Security said:

Do you think Kyle would have drafted Sweat or Burns at 15.  Would be nice to have those two second rounders right now.  McLaurin and Higgins at WR.

Or Logan Wilson at ILB. Or whatever. It would have been nice to take Sweat where we took Haskins. 

Oh well. Can’t change the past.

9 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Definitely agree Ron mis-handled this situation and my post history indicates as much. But just like my gf's period, better late than never. (The analogy is relevant bc both situations center on an un-wanted baby)  

oh-yeah-thats-pretty-brutal.jpg

I'm not one of those people who "wishes he does well elsewhere". Why would I? I don't know him personally, and he's done nothing to earn my respect or well-wishes. I could not care less whether he finds success on another team. It's not like he busted his ass here and just wasn't good enough. He came in lazy and entitled and he's leaving lazy, entitled and sad. Big whoop.

I'll save my sympathy for those struggling to pay bills during the pandemic or fighting the disease itself. Not Bentley-driving, diamond jewelry-rocking, Baby Simba. Not like he's feeling sympathy for me. Figure it out or don't, I don't give a ****. I'm onto Philadelphia. ;) 

Just now, Idaho fan said:

I think you are over simplifying it. He was a first round pick.  A QB with a big arm from a big school with big wins.  No team would simply release a player like that two years after taking him in the first round as they have some value (look at Josh Rosen).  Haskins if not a toxic idiot would have been kept and dealt for a 4th or 5th or something... He just has no value at this point and Ron couldn't wait for him to be gone because of who he is.  

I get your point - I just think this decision says more about Haskins than about Heinie or anyone else remaining on the team.

Rosen was after one year and that only happened because they drafted Murray. They may have continued trying to develop Rosen if they didn’t hire Kingsbury so obviously he still had value. I do agree that his stupidity off the field probably cost us from recouping a draft pick. But then again maybe not.

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I do that every time. lol. I’d rather just move on from the whole thing than have a million posters and journalists spend their time saying “I told you so”. It’s done. He’s gone. He was a mistake and rehashing the details of that mistake won’t make us a better team going forward.

I don't think it's piling on at all. And I don't think it's unfair to bring it all back up.  We are talking about a very unusual situation, a first round QB who busts so badly he is released before the end of his second season. Has that ever happened before?

I had to listen to this "he got a raw deal" "the coach didn't want him" crap for 2 seasons. As I tried to explain Gruden was right all along, Hell he deserves an apology from those fans who blamed him and not the player.  They kept blaming everyone but the player up until yesterday.  Screw that. 

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I dunno man.  I'm 39 years old and I thought people would have stopped loving saying "I told you so," after high school, maybe college.  

But I joined Extremeskins and figured out quickly that wasn't the case.

Even outside of this board, I know a LOT of people in different walks of life that loooooooooove to say "I told you so."  People just love being right, it is what it is.

That said, I don't take any umbrage with Russini's tweets.  An autopsy here is natural and she probably thinks that the fans of this team (since she spent time here) want some comfort in knowing that the football people hired to make football decisions didn't want any part of Haskins during the draft.

You’re probably right. I would just rather let that error fizzle out and hopefully it doesn’t turn into another RG3 or Cousins situation where he’s constantly being used as the measuring stick for future QBs. We tend to hold on to mistakes around here far more than we do the successes. He’s not a part of the team anymore and I know on Sunday his name will pop up in the game thread a nauseatingly absurd number of times.

Archived