Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

7 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Not to be a dick but what’s with all these reporters (particularly Dianna) now going on about the dissension from the draft? Is it to save faith for someone? The Haskins era is over and that just seems like unnecessary piling on.

Unnecessary piling on?  Dude, we've all been waiting weeks for this.  Who's not good with some piling on here?

I believe the phrase you're looking for is "save face."

3 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

The fact that DH was released today means to me that it goes well beyond his bad play and even beyond his poor off the field decision making.  They could of waited another week as there is a chance the season is over anyway.  I think they realized that DH is toxic and basically just having him around has a negative affect on the team.  Releasing him today says a lot.  I just wish they would have made this decision earlier.

Obviously no one would trade for him at this point so why keep a player around who (I believe) even his team mates don't like.  No one in the building wanted him around.  Sucks to be Haskins today but its his own doing.  Id be willing to bet IF he gets picked up in the offseason (which is likely since he was a 1st rounder from a big school with a big arm) he won't make a team.  Will be on a practice squad for a year or two and never be heard from again.

I think you’re overthinking it. I think it would have been done a while ago if we had any proof The Heinie Man could handle playing in key situations. He showed he could and that was it. No reason to keep him around and inactive. Just move on from it.

18 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Anyone have an idea the last time a first round quarterback was out right cut before the end of his second season?

**** you Dan Snyder!

Interesting question, this made me wanna look it up.   Turns out Wayne Peace was drafted in the first round of the supplemental draft by the Bengals in '84 and was released in the preseason of '85.  So he never even made it to a second season.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Unnecessary piling on?  Dude, we've all been waiting weeks for this.  Who's not good with some piling on here?

I believe the phrase you're looking for is "save face."

I do that every time. lol. I’d rather just move on from the whole thing than have a million posters and journalists spend their time saying “I told you so”. It’s done. He’s gone. He was a mistake and rehashing the details of that mistake won’t make us a better team going forward.

5 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

His base salary isn't much over the next 2 years but yeah, he's damaged goods so it wouldn't have been easy, time to move on.

Good news is that he does have offset language in his deal. Any money he makes in the NFL the next two years is credited back to us. So if he gets paid we get cap relief. But it also means Haskins would effectively be playing for free.I don’t see him doing that. Maybe he takes the money and quits. 

Just now, justice98 said:

Interesting question, this made me wanna look it up.   Turns out Wayne Peace was drafted in the first round of the supplemental draft by the Bengals in '84 and was released in the preseason of '85.  So he never even made it to a second season.

So it was a...

Peace... Treaty?

Ill see myself out.

Archived