Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Could always just inactivate him and figure it out in the offseason.

I'm not sad he's gone or anything, just seems like odd timing, when the golden ticket to dump him and eat the cap was handed to Rivera last week.

I know a lot of people will disagree but I think Ron probably gained a lot of respect for giving him one last chance to prove something. He stuck his neck out for him and he could have been rewarded handsomely and looked like a god. Unfortunately it didn’t work out that way. 

Definitely the right decision, part of me though still can't get get over the idea that he started the game Sunday when it seems now that there was someone a lot more capable playing behind him the entire time.  I want to believe Snyder's meddling influence is over, but at the same time I am dying to know what Rivera & the coaches were seeing in practice that ever lead them to believe Haskins would perform better in games. 

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I believe it's just the bonus money that's owed for 2021 and 2022 which is 4,252,404 in dead cap, there could be a small hit for the proration of the last remaining game for this year.

398397056_Screenshot2020-12-28125837.thumb.png.96161c9722ef6ceee52f1231e14d8ebb.png

His deal is fully guaranteed. It’s 8.5 mil hit plus this weeks salary.

Just now, joeken24 said:

So can we say Dan had a hand in the DH release? 

Not sure about that as it only shines a bright light on how poor Dan is at... well basically everything related to owning a football team.  I think Ron made the call and might have told Dan but its Ron's decision and Dan just needs to swallow it.

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

His deal is fully guaranteed. It’s 8.5 mil hit plus this weeks salary.

Sucks, thats cap space we need, it makes more sense to just deactivate him and give him away for free by trade, similar to what the Rams did with Talib.

Just now, joeken24 said:

So can we say Dan had a hand in the DH release? 

Sure, but that doesn't mean his ass is wiped clean here.  Dan **** the bed on this one and proceeded to roll around in it.  Got it all over himself and the sheets, even in the pillow cases somehow.   Haskins set this franchise back a little bit (not a lot) and he still counts against the cap.  He's so bad as a football player and a person that the WFT will be paying him NOT to play for this team for two more years.

Dan doesn't deserve any applause here.

Good riddance. Great day for the franchise to be freed from dead wood. Hated the pick when we made it but honestly didn't think he'd be this bad and have so many attitude problems tacked on. Truly one of the worst draft picks in our history. Delighted Rivera isn't messing about any more though and that we're moving on. 

Archived