Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

59 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Ridiculous excuse for Snyder you seem to be making. If he didn't have confidence in Jay he could have easily afforded a buy out. It was obvious having him as a lame duck coach was stupid and that only a miracle would have him last through the 19-20 season.

However, that sort of thing is par for the course for an organization that does stupid **** like refuse to sign Kirk Cousins to a cheap contract when they had the chance. There is no excuse you can make that makes the pick look like anything other than a disaster for both player and organization.

I'm not making any excuse for him. When you have a meddlesome owner, the only remedy to curb their incessant influence is to find success despite their presence; otherwise, in the midst of organization-wide calamity they'll succumb to their inherent tendency to try to 'save' the ship. In Dan's case, it was to draft a QB whom he thought could turn the fortunes of the team around, before it became apparent to Dan after Haskin's rookie year that Bruce and Jay also had to go.

If you want to keep Dan at bay, the team in its near autonomy from him has to perform, or he'll eventually blunder in and take matters into his own hands.

That was one of Dwayne's worst performances. The off the field stuff and the pressure got to him for sure.  (not that he would've performed without it)

His decision making was pee-wee football level. He kept flushing out of the pocket for no reason and he held on the football when the Panthers blitzed. 

Heinicke played like a pro QB. 

3 or 4 man rush he held the football and looked downfield. When the Panthers blitzed he immediately got rid of the ball or took off running. 

He doesn't have a pro-level arm or size maybe. Some of his passes sailed a bit. You can see the difference when a QB like Bridgewater who is only a little bit bigger then Heinicke, puts some mustard on his passes. 

Heinicke can beat the Eagles IMO. 

4 minutes ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

Cousins in the 3rd too. There's QB talent in the later early rounds. 

True, but whether you are getting quarterbacks in the early rounds, mid rounds, late rounds, or through free agency, you have to be either lucky or have someone that is good at evaluating talent at the position.  In 21 seasons, only one quarterback has been the primary starter for 4 years (Cousins).  Honorable mention to Ramsey and Campbell (3 years). That's horrible, especially considering that Ramsey and Campbell only lasted as long as they did because of their draft position.

9 minutes ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

Wasn't Tom Brady a 6th? We can mention many more like Kurt Warner. Great QB's don't have to be a #1 pick. Many #1 picks end up a bust.

The chances of getting a franchise quarterback in the first round is poor.  But getting one in later rounds is even worse.

5 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Watch the last play when he got sacked.  Offensive lineman standing there over him and no one helps him up.  Spoke volumes.

Caught this during the game and mentioned in the gameday thread.  Definitely appeared to be out of disgust and contempt, because natural habit is to help dude up, even if he sucks.

51 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Heinicke can beat the Eagles IMO. 

Yes he can, and because of our Defense. All we needed was Haskins to have an average rating, just an average game by a back up QB was enough to beat Carolina, and Haskins proved he is not as good as an average 3rd string QB. Heinicke is enough to beat Philly and win this division. 

13 minutes ago, theTruthTeller said:

True, but whether you are getting quarterbacks in the early rounds, mid rounds, late rounds, or through free agency, you have to be either lucky or have someone that is good at evaluating talent at the position.  In 21 seasons, only one quarterback has been the primary starter for 4 years (Cousins).  Honorable mention to Ramsey and Campbell (3 years). That's horrible, especially considering that Ramsey and Campbell only lasted as long as they did because of their draft position.

The chances of getting a franchise quarterback in the first round is poor.  But getting one in later rounds is even worse.

Joe Theismann was a 4th round pick by Miami and was definitely a franchise qb, It can be done.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

Question. If Smith isn’t healthy enough to go, is Haskins activated for the last game? I don’t think the team can handle any more drama involving him on the sidelines and I honestly don’t think it’s good for Haskins mental health at this point.

He will be activated, but damn sure won't start. If for any reason or excuse Ron starts him for this huge game, nobody will convince me that order didn't come from Snyder.

He will be activated, but damn sure won't start. If for any reason or excuse Ron starts him for this huge game, nobody will convince me that order didn't come from Snyder.

Ron already said Heineken would start if Smith couldn’t go, but if something happens to him it would be insane to see Dwayne back on the field under center.

Joe Theismann was a 4th round pick by Miami and was definitely a franchise qb, It can be done.

Tony Romo was an UDFA and definitely a franchise qb, so you can go that route as well.   It's just that you probably won't have a decent quarterback for the next century if that is your quarterback acquisition philosophy.

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Ron already said Heineken would start if Smith couldn’t go, but if something happens to him it would be insane to see Dwayne back on the field under center.

It sure would, but with Smith wanting to start yesterday, I don't see him not starting this one. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing what Heineken can do with Mclaurin on the field. This kid might be a diamond in the rough.

13 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Since 2004 only 3 Teams have won a sb with a QBs drafted by another team. Peyton Manning’s Broncos, Drew Brees’ Saints and Nick Foles’ Eagles and you can put an asterisk next to all three of them.

The point is rarely are FA QBs the answer.

Not sure why you picked 2004.  Dilfer was 2001.

I don't know if the equivalent is out there, but I think we have a better shot at approaching the Ravens 2001 defense than finding a Manning/Brees....or a magic 3 months of Foles career. 

Can't answer everything, but I'd like the even better defense. 

*none of this means I have interest in keeping Haskins.  Just that Smith, Allen and ????  would all be drafted by another team and that might be ok for 2021.  Not ideal, won't argue that. 

3 minutes ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

It sure would, but with Smith wanting to start yesterday, I don't see him not starting this one. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing what Heineken can do with Mclaurin on the field. This kid might be a diamond in the rough.

I dont think mclaurin will be available next week though, sadly....high ankle sprain 

4 minutes ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

Wanting to start and able to start are two entirely different things. Smith has been out now for 2 and a half games. I honestly see his chances of starting at no better than 50/50.

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I dont think mclaurin will be available next week though, sadly....high ankle sprain 

Our players sure pick the best time to get banged up.

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Damn it! This team would have made some noise in the playoffs if they could have rested starters for the Philly game, and go in healthy. They were on a roll and taking over games in the 2nd half. If we do make it in, it's looking like it will be the Rams coming back, and they are beatable. I really wanted to smash Seattle, but hopefully we will still have that chance.

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Is this the thread for people who want to talk about how bad Haskins sucks?

No, just pick any thread, they are all fair game.

NFL Draft talk: Haskins sucks who is available?

FA thread: See above

Rookie QB or Vet: and again...

Reboot THread: Culture stills sucks as bad as Haskins until he's gone...

Game day thread: Haskins sucks, our season is over

Chase Young: Chase wouldn't be a bust if Haskins didn't suck!

Feel free to dump where you please.

Archived