Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

2 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

There was a report of Moses in uniform trying to talk to a fully dressed Haskins in the parking lot after the game. Implying that he was trying to get Haskins to stay...

If this is true, how does Haskins sleep at night. He crapped the bed, it wasn’t even close. I haven’t piled on him at all but how could you feel anything other than disgusted if you were him!  By that I mean at himself not only for what he did a week ago but what he “tried” to do today. Smh. 

Just now, RichmondRedskin88 said:

There was a tweet earlier posted about Moses chasing Haskins down in the parking lot in full uniform as Haskins had already changed and left the stadium.  Part of it was apparently about trying to get him to face the media rather than just walk out on everyone. 

5 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

There was a report of Moses in uniform trying to talk to a fully dressed Haskins in the parking lot after the game. Implying that he was trying to get Haskins to stay...

Thanks. Love Moses. He has really matured into a real leader.

If that's what he was doing, he is right. That's not a good look for Dwayne. Whenever things go poor for him, he runs away. You have to be able to face up to your mistakes, and admit them, and what you plan to do.

18 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Alex didn’t win a Super Bowl.

I didn't say any of them won a SB.  I said made it to. And I said at least two - Grossman and McNabb. I was pretty sure Alex did not. NFC Championship game only. So never even said Alex made it. 

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Thanks. Love Moses. He has really matured into a real leader.

If that's what he was doing, he is right. That's not a good look for Dwayne. Whenever things go poor for him, he runs away. You have to be able to face up to your mistakes, and admit them, and what you plan to do.

I have never been so done with a player since Haynesworth laying on the ground making 100 million!  Iwas hoping for some maturity from him today besides his fake ass run to give QB4 a fist bump today. I feel as if he really cared he would have been in the game at that time and not benched since he would have taken the game seriously. I mean it was just a division title on the line, oh and a shot at helping his HC who’s likely one of the few in his corner beat his old team. 

11 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I didn't say any of them won a SB.  I said made it to. And I said at least two - Grossman and McNabb. I was pretty sure Alex did not. NFC Championship game only. So never even said Alex made it. 

Oh. It was confusing when you said Alex was the only one that won.

34 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Since 2004 only 3 Teams have won a sb with a QBs drafted by another team. Peyton Manning’s Broncos, Drew Brees’ Saints and Nick Foles’ Eagles and you can put an asterisk next to all three of them.

The point is rarely are FA QBs the answer.

But then another 4 made it to the game, but just didn't win it (Jimmy G, Warner, Hasselbeck, Manning).   It's another 5 that made it or won if you go back another 5 years to 1999 (Diller, Collins, Johnson, Gannon, Delhomme).  

I get winning the SB is the ultimate goal, but I'd settle for stability at the position with a guy you can count on for solid to very good QB play every week.   Were Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford, Philip Rivers, Donovan McNabb not the answers for their teams because they didn't win the SB?  We wouldn't take a franchise QB like these for a decade plus that at least put you in a position to succeed from the QB standpoint?  I understand they were drafted players and not FA QBs, but I'm pushing back on the specific "not the answer unless you win a SB" argument.

4 minutes ago, redskns21 said:

Iwas hoping for some maturity from him today besides his fake ass run to give QB4 a fist bump today.

Reminded me of his other "over the top" reaction, to help Smith up when he ran out of bounds.

The gesture was nice, but didn't look genuine. Almost as if he just wanted to promote his image

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Reminded me of his other "over the top" reaction, to help Smith up when he ran out of bounds.

The gesture was nice, but didn't look genuine. Almost as if he just wanted to promote his image

Yep, just like him praying last week and this week on the bench. Don’t get me wrong I don’t mind that but be someone better than that. Again he’s still a very young man and from all accounts has been pretty sheltered but you just can’t do that stuff when you can’t complete a pass or worse act like an adult. 

3 minutes ago, justice98 said:

But then another 4 made it to the game, but just didn't win it (Jimmy G, Warner, Hasselbeck, Manning).   It's another 5 that made it or won if you go back another 5 years to 1999 (Diller, Collins, Johnson, Gannon, Delhomme).  

I don’t think Manning ever lost away from Indy, did he? Also, Warner was such a bizarre unique story in itself and you can’t expect every post-football grocery store bagger to becoming a superstar. Lastly, both Jimmy G and Hasselbeck were considered rising stars just stuck behind hall of famers. Both fetched a hefty price in trades. I’d honestly rather go that route than an experienced, older guy. Maybe see what GB wants for Jordan Love? 

31 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

I've seen this talked about online, but no credible source has actually reported this that I can tell.  

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I don’t think Manning ever lost away from Indy, did he? Also, Warner was such a bizarre unique story in itself and you can’t expect every post-football grocery store bagger to becoming a superstar. Lastly, both Jimmy G and Hasselbeck were considered rising stars just stuck behind hall of famers. Both fetched a hefty price in trades. I’d honestly rather go that route than an experienced, older guy. Maybe see what GB wants for Jordan Love? 

He lost the one in Denver against Seattle.

35 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I raised this possibility and got serious flak from multiple posters including someone who said I made them want to throw up and someone else who essentially told me to **** off.

Like come on, you don't think the guy who charged ppl to attend his draft party, took Theismann's #, bragged about his stat line after a loss, requested a trade when he got benched, & got his agent to criticize his coach through Twitter might be doing something out of self-interest?? Unreal.  

On 12/19/2020 at 1:22 AM, joeken24 said:

I just had a terrible thought regarding DH. The scenario is perfect if anyone is looking to put a nail in the coffin on DH's time here.  We're on a fairly extreme run, momentum is great, the defense is playing lights out, we're in a playoff race and the team is gaining national recognition. But what if DH stinks it up much like he did against Cleveland? The one where just about everyone said he single handedly lost the game. To me, DH is getting ready to play THE most important game of his career. He better manage this game and not try to be a hero. But the terrible thought is that DH is still growing and may not be thinking that way. I hope he is.  

I know I'm quoting myself. lol. but this was before the Seattle game. He goes out plays like **** most of the game and tricks us into thinking he turned the corner in the last part of the game. Could have changed the narrative but he goes out and causes a media ****-storm off the field. Then he plays like **** again this week. Chase says after the game that he encouraged DH to support his teammates. Whaaaa? I suppose that implies that he was being a **** on the sideline after he got pulled. He's walking the sideline with his helmet on when he could be standing next to his QB coach or rooting the offense on. Check out D Payne. Smh

1 hour ago, rumplestilskin said:

The last time we won the division was the last game of the year. Hopefully we do it again.

Nope, last time we won the division was 2015 and we won it on a week 16 Saturday night game in Philly (which made week 17 @ Dallas meaningless). 

last time we won the division in a Sunday night week 17 game however, we won (2012 at home vs Dallas). 

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

They didn't trade up to use a 1st rounder on Love to immediately trade him away. Rodgers will be available either in 2023 when he's 39 or in 2024 after his deal is up and he's 40.

I don't think they expected Rodgers to go out and have the season he's having. Even if Rodgers is gone in 2024, that means Love is on the last year of his contract and I don't know how much his 5th year option is. 

Just now, PartyPosse said:

I don't think they expected Rodgers to go out and have the season he's having. Even if Rodgers is gone in 2024, that means Love is on the last year of his contract and I don't know how much his 5th year option is. 

I think the "plan" is probably to trade or release Rodgers in 2023 when his dead cap hit is only $2.85M and Love is on the 4th year of his deal. That way you get a full year to see if Love is the guy before you need to make a decision on his 5th year option. Of course if Aaron keeps playing at an MVP level, things get complicated. But clearly Green Bay is not afraid of cutting bait with a franchise QB before he fully drops off. 

More pertinently though, if we're in the market for a veteran QB in 2023 something has probably gone wrong between now and then so I'm hoping it's moot.

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I think the "plan" is probably to trade or release Rodgers in 2023 when his dead cap hit is only $2.85M and Love is on the 4th year of his deal. That way you get a full year to see if Love is the guy before you need to make a decision on his 5th year option. Of course if Aaron keeps playing at an MVP level, things get complicated. But clearly Green Bay is not afraid of cutting bait with a franchise QB before he fully drops off. 

More pertinently though, if we're in the market for a veteran QB in 2023 something has probably gone wrong between now and then so I'm hoping it's moot.

I wonder if they roll out Smith and Allen next year and make a pitch to get Rodgers over here in 2022 right when the team is in that sweet spot in terms of the young talent being in their absolute prime. I know it goes against my belief of not wanting retreads from other teams, but Rodgers is one of the few that I'd consider. Maybe lure Devonte Adams after next year when he's a FA. Imagine this defense with an offense featuring Terry, Adams, Rodgers and Gibson? I too like to deal in the fantasy realm every now and then lol.

Archived