Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

Many of you keep wanting to do this same stupid **** over and over again getting someone else rejects and call others "silly" for having a rational thought. Absolutely ****ing NO to these players past their prime that are other teams rejects. Better to keep trying to get a real franchise QB before they are almost eligible for AARP.

Yes, draft a QB...something this team has done wonderfully for the better part of 3 decades 🙄. I’ll leave it to what works and what the good coaches do.  Gibbs knew even a hobbled Brunell was better than drafting a QB to run the offense. Not a single guy coming out of college is as good as Ryan or Stafford at this point (maybe down the road).  There’s no reason why we can’t bring in an experienced QB and draft a QB in the 3-4th rounds (like Cousins), and when it’s time they start.  If I remember correctly Aaron Rodgers held a clipboard for 3 years before he started. 

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Who said they were not solid QBs? I said I do not want other teams rejects on the end of their careers. We keep doing this band aid thing.  Done here. 

I said they would give us 5 years of solid play and you said "no, neither would do that at all" so it was you who said that. Just saying.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

**** it, why not.

Because the only win our starting QB today has had all season came against Wentz? No, neither Dwayne nor Alex gets credit for beating the 49ers. The defense did that, no QBs were involved in the making of that win.

45 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Lighten up Francis. 

My bad if you were joking around, I just get annoyed when you’re pigeon holed as an apologist or a humper or whatever when you don’t join in with the pitch forks and act like he’s a horrible human. Again, my bad.

Just for the record, he did do a terrible thing. Just don’t believe he did it maliciously. And I have some sympathy for a guy who probably feels the world caving in on him to some extent. 

5 minutes ago, redskin301 said:

I feel like Haskins doesn’t prepare and he doesn’t care to improve 

Might be our fault...we should've given him an interactive playbook were all the plays are demonstrated by strippers via interpretive pole dance.  Would'a been unbeaten.

Pickings for the future seem pretty slim. Sam Darnold? Carson Wentz? Please......!! Ryan Fitzpatrick will be a FA in 2021 but will be highly sought after (including by the Dolphins as a re-sign) and expensive. Not looking to him as the future but as a stopgap.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/12/22/washington-football-future-quarterback-options/?itid=lk_inline_manual_26

9 minutes ago, Redd said:

I don't really follow the college game.  I know we can't get a stud in the 1st round but I hope Washington grabs some development guy in the mid-rounds this draft.  They couldn't do worse then what Haskins did today.

Exactly, the NFL is set up of you can find a guy to run the offense and limit turnovers, you can make it or win Super Bowls.  Nick Foles, Joe Flacco, Jake Delhomme, Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien etc are proof you can get there without an elite QB.  Like you said, Draft a guy in the mid rounds.

5 minutes ago, Redd said:

I don't really follow the college game.  I know we can't get a stud in the 1st round but I hope Washington grabs some development guy in the mid-rounds this draft.  They couldn't do worse then what Haskins did today.

I refuse to believe Montez would be worse than what Haksins does. Everyone leading up to this week saying well Haskins is playing because what we have behind him must be really bad. No. Danny is the reason.  Heineken coming in and playing like he did proves that. I am convinced Montez would have performed better as well.

21 minutes ago, redskin301 said:

I feel like Haskins doesn’t prepare and he doesn’t care to improve 

I could be off, but I sense with Dwayne that he has recognized what it’s going to take for HIM to be great or even good at this level...and it ain’t worth it.  Too much like work.  I think he needs to spend his time deciding if being an NFL QB is something that he really wants to do.  

11 minutes ago, Redd said:

Remember that Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round.

Just now, Painkiller said:

I could be off, but I sense with Dwayne that he has recognized what it’s going to take for HIM to be great or even good at this level...and it ain’t worth it.  Too much like work.  I think he needs to spend his time deciding if being an NFL QB is something that he really wants to do.  

It doesn’t matter if he wants to do it or not, he is not capable. 

45 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

No to Stafford or Ryan. Need to look for the long term solution not another band aid. 

I think it all depends on where they draft. If they are drafting 19 or later there is a shot the top 5 QBs are off the board.   So it depends on whether they want to trade draft capital to move up in the draft or love some of the QBs outside of the perceived top guys. 

Just now, Painkiller said:

It's already been decided.  

Archived