Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

21 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Kids do dumb things and think they are going to moonwalk through life all the time.  Doesn’t make them awful people.  But it does make them awful quarterbacks.

Yeah I don't think Haskins is a good QB.  But from a very limited sample granted, I think he's a nice guy.  Most beat guys have said he's a nice guy, too.   He's young and immature but that doesn't make him a bad person.  I've recounted on this thread a few experiences (granted brief) with him interacting with my kids and other fans and I said at the time he is one of the nicest players I've seen at least from the context of interacting with fans.  For what that is worth.   But just in general most who have spoken about him say he's a nice guy. 

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Dwayne is that you?

Because I call someone out who’s throwing around the words disgustingly vile about a young kid who clearly has immaturity issues but has no known transgressions with the law or inhumane acts that would deserve those type of words to be thrown around? 

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I don’t think you’re capable of thinking properly...

Dude, you're getting really upset. Remember the things you need to do to calm down: Step back from the computer. Breathe in. Breathe out. Visit the strip club with your girlfriend. Don't wear a mask. Post it to Instagram.

2 minutes ago, SweatSuit said:

Because I call someone out who’s throwing around the words disgustingly vile about a young kid who clearly has immaturity issues but has no known transgressions with the law or inhumane acts that would deserve those type of words to be thrown around? 

I mean, i agree i wouldnt say “disgustingly  vile”. But i also agree it’s immature to put the coach (who had beat cancer a couple months ago) at risk just to party with strippers. Without a mask. 

44 minutes ago, SweatSuit said:

Im with you on Stafford or Ryan as being ideal options. I get the lure of developing a young high first round QB, but if we’re being real, it’s just never something Washington has EVER done with any real success. And they just can’t afford to punt on their Super Bowl window. Anyone with a pair of eyes can see that with any semblance of a passing game and legitimate NFL starter that we are a contender. Not starting QB AND a bunch of other things. A Stafford makes us a threat immediately. Go the safe route. 

Yep, that's where I am at.  I am more intrigued by Stafford because he's a lower cap hit, younger, more upside IMO than Ryan.  

6 minutes ago, SweatSuit said:

Lighten up Francis. 

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You totally failed to use “that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.” 

Any quote (even if slightly modified) from The Princess Bride wins all arguments.

I always win every argument, because you're no match for my brains.    Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?  Morons!

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep, that's where I am at.  I am more intrigued by Stafford because he's a lower cap hit, younger, more upside IMO than Ryan.  

The problem with Stafford is availability.  

I think Smith is going to retire after this season.  Regardless, he can’t be option 1 next year.  And I don’t have a ton of faith in Kyle Allen.  He’s ok but has limited arm talent and that eventually is a problem.  

Id go for a veteran also because good god we’ve tried so many in the draft and it hadn’t worked.  Like ever minus Joe Theisman.  Sonny was traded for, so was Doug. Off the top of my head in my cognitive lifetime as a WFT fan we’ve drafted Shuler, Ramsey, JC, Griffin, Haskins in the first round and they’ve all busted.  The two best QB’s we’ve had have been Smith and Brad Johnson. Maybe Kirk as well.  

I’m just not really interested in trying to develop a guy.  Go get a guy.  Then you can turn your draft attention to MLB, WR, safety.  

3 minutes ago, Taylor 36 said:

I always win every argument, because you're no match for my brains.    Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?  Morons!

You’re that smart, are you?

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The problem with Stafford is availability.  

I think Smith is going to retire after this season.  Regardless, he can’t be option 1 next year.  And I don’t have a ton of faith in Kyle Allen.  He’s ok but has limited arm talent and that eventually is a problem.  

Id go for a veteran also because good god we’ve tried so many in the draft and it hadn’t worked.  Like ever minus Joe Theisman.  Sonny was traded for, so was Doug. Off the top of my head in my cognitive lifetime as a WFT fan we’ve drafted Shuler, Ramsey, JC, Griffin, Haskins in the first round and they’ve all busted.  The two best QB’s we’ve had have been Smith and Brad Johnson. Maybe Kirk as well.  

I’m just not really interested in trying to develop a guy.  Go get a guy.  Then you can turn your draft attention to MLB, WR, safety.  

You’re that smart, are you?

Don’t forget Trent Green! 🙁

Archived