Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

2 minutes ago, celticsalmon said:

Same old same old

- Ron - where the f is the culture change>?

Not his fault he can’t catch haskins before he left.....Haskins probably got dressed fast and left without thinking. Let’s not blame this on Ron. Haskins is a big baby. There’s only so much the coaches can do.....

18 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

By immediately leaving the stadium and ducking his responsibilities, he’s only further digging his own grave.

If dude took the questions like a man and took 100% ownership, it’d be easier to have some level of compassion.

But this is par for the course with him.  A kid who could be set for life based off 1 good year in college.  My compassion meter isn’t registering.

His grave had already been dug, filled with all his favorite Ohio State mementos and a couple strippers from last Sunday. His leaving, while childish, is what I perceive as a culmination of everything and a cold harsh dose of reality setting in. You don’t have to be compassionate and I don’t blame you for not. But as someone mentioned, he’s a human being, a kid, his dreams done. He played with house money for far too long and now the debt collector has finally collected.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Poor old Haskins. Subtle throwing of Ron under the bus for not giving him one more down to turn into Superman, and then a subtle throwing of the entire team under the bus because a human can't win it, only a super hero.

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Not his fault he can’t catch haskins before he left.....Haskins probably got dressed fast and left without thinking. Let’s not blame this on Ron. Haskins is a big baby. There’s only so much the coaches can do.....

Totally agree.....I can't think of any other player acting like this in recent memory.  This has to be new for Ron as well.  I think Ron was banking on Haskins bouncing back and performing well.  Haskins screwed the team by not being prepared to play.  All of this lack of preparation has led to this moment.  Unprofessional and out of the league....he will likely never get another chance to play in the NFL again.  

25 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

he can lean on his Bently I'm sure. I'm not hounding the guy in public or Twitter but I am going to make fun of him on this board here. I gave him every opportunity for over a year. Now the floodgates are open. 

The OL’ kick a man when he’s down bit.

The dude just doesn’t get it and it’s frustrating.  So many people were willing to help him make it and rooting for him.  We didn’t expect him to be spectacular this year but we did expect you to be a team player and work hard.  We can accept failure.  We can’t accept you not trying to improve.  Ron said it point blank if you go out doing your own thing that's on you. He keeps getting chances and doesn’t seem to realize there’s a limit 

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

The dude just doesn’t get it and it’s frustrating.  So many people were willing to help him make it and rooting for him.  We didn’t expect him to be spectacular this year but we did expect you to be a team player and work hard.  We can accept failure.  We can’t accept you not trying to improve.  Ron said it point blank if you go out doing your own thing that's on you. He keeps getting chances and doesn’t seem to realize there’s a limit 

I think he realized when he got benched that there is indeed a limit.

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd add you started from what I recall the lets get Stafford rumor.  I am with you on it but I am taking a lot of bullets for the position.  😀

With the Lions rising in the draft and there being a bunch of teams ahead of them who don't need a QB -- its looking less far fetched that they take one of them and Stafford hits the trade market.  Will see.  Falcons have a high pick, too.  I'd take though Stafford over Ryan if we go veteran.  As for FA's I am not sure but after last night I wouldn't hate Fitzpatrick albeit he wouldn't be my top choice.   

Im with you on Stafford or Ryan as being ideal options. I get the lure of developing a young high first round QB, but if we’re being real, it’s just never something Washington has EVER done with any real success. And they just can’t afford to punt on their Super Bowl window. Anyone with a pair of eyes can see that with any semblance of a passing game and legitimate NFL starter that we are a contender. Not starting QB AND a bunch of other things. A Stafford makes us a threat immediately. Go the safe route. 

7 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

In my mind for some reason I picture Haskins playing Madden on a PS5 while he’s saying this.

What satisfaction do you gain from this, seriously? 

Archived