Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

5 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Totally agree.....I can't think of any other player acting like this in recent memory.  This has to be new for Ron as well.  I think Ron was banking on Haskins bouncing back and performing well.  Haskins screwed the team by not being prepared to play.  All of this lack of preparation has led to this moment.  Unprofessional and out of the league....he will likely never get another chance to play in the NFL again.  

that says to me that most NFL players are abnormally strong mentally compared to most people not he's especially weak

33 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I said it before, I'll say it again. Haskins may be human, but this week shows exactly where things stand: Win or lose, the strip club was more important to him than his team.

I have no sympathy for him this week.

that might have been how he was trying to deal with the failure

So I posted earlier that Haskins shut down his twitter page. I kind of want to break down that issue. First off he took the time on his drive home from the stadium, after dissing the media, to close his Twitter page. His bio is "Business Inquiries Contact: @DavidMulaga". And thats fine. I wont fault a man for trying to better himself financially. But the other half of his bio is this: "A humble man is all this world will ever need". I guess I am having a hard time balancing the two. Either you are humble or you are trying to maximize your business potential. The two dont really mix well. Add in ignoring the media and locking your Social media on the way home and I think there is an issue there.

7 minutes ago, celticsalmon said:

Haskins is not and NFL starting QB- (CFL - Soring League?) BUT since DH was Snyder's pick at 15 - he gottoa rolls with the hand he was dealt!  Although I pin this loss on the Riverboat- perhaps he was making his point- Number 7 is NOIT our qb

Agreed-  Rivera has eliminated any doubt about Haskins by keeping him in the game as long as he did.  Even the most ardent Haskins supporters have nothing to say at this point

Dwayne seems like a decent kid. But the pressure of being a qb in the NFL is too much. I feel bad for him. I wish the best for him going forward. I think corner routes should have been thrown out of the playbook with him for now, as they’ve never been in his wheelhouse. But it doesn’t matter really. Game is too big for him at the moment. This is your moment, Alex. 

Just now, Skin'emAlive said:

Dwayne seems like a decent kid. But the pressure of being a qb in the NFL is too much. I feel bad for him. I wish the best for him going forward. I think corner routes should have been thrown out of the playbook with him for now, as they’ve never been in his wheelhouse. But it doesn’t matter really. Game is too big for him at the moment. This is your moment, Alex. 

What makes you think he's a decent kid? From everything I've heard he's an entitled spoiled brat.

1 minute ago, MarkMissoula said:

Stafford or Dak next year?

Either is fine by me. With this defense. Just give me a QB that is half way competent and we will win the horrid division easily. 

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Just wanna remind everybody that the Panthers defense held Aaron Rodgers to 96 net yards passing last week.

Make sure to factor that data into your appraisal.

So some guy named Heineken beat Rodgers in 13 minutes?

Heineken brewed with green energy in The Netherlands

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Just wanna remind everybody that the Panthers defense held Aaron Rodgers to 96 net yards passing last week.

Taylor H pretty well sailed past that in one drive, right?  Heck, he started on the 5 yard line.

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Aaron should have visited a strip club to prep for the game.

1 minute ago, Blue Ridger said:

What makes you think he's a decent kid? From everything I've heard he's an entitled spoiled brat.

I think when our horrific owner makes a QB call they all end up thinking they are above all. Has was too young and immature with only 1 season and Darth Vader made him think he was the next Farve.

2 minutes ago, ananoman said:

Agreed-  Rivera has eliminated any doubt about Haskins by keeping him in the game as long as he did.  Even the most ardent Haskins supporters have nothing to say at this point

Rivera didn’t start nor leave Haskins in to prove any point. He wanted to win the game, and thought Haskins gave them the best chance simple as that. He was wrong. Dwayne supposedly looked strong in practice, and his physical tools are probably the main reason why. I’m sure he’s more relaxed in practice where the pressure is off and his abilities shine through more there. That clearly didn’t translate over to gameplay and the pressure buckled him. The strip club incident was probably the worst thing for him tbh, he knew if he **** the bed that was it. And that he did. Enough with these wild theories that Rivera was trying to prove a point or even that Dan was forcing his hand. Rivera clearly has total control (at least for the time being, who knows when the Dan sticks his hand in the cookie jar). But it’s clear as day, or else he would have never been made 3rd string. This conversation wouldn’t even be had if not for Alex or Kyle being injured. 

51 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

They have some holes but if they fix the QB spot I think this would be the best roster in Dan's era. 

I'm praying we lose to Philly and do what is necessary to secure Zach Wilson in the draft.  I know you like him too, this team would be so fun with him and would have such a bright future.

6 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

How does he seem decent??? This is the biggest bs ever. He’s a horrible human being. Straight garbage. Why sugar coat facts? The guy is a complete a hole and disgustingly vile. 

1 minute ago, SweatSuit said:

Rivera didn’t start nor leave Haskins in to prove any point. He wanted to win the game, and thought Haskins gave them the best chance simple as that. He was wrong. Dwayne supposedly looked strong in practice, and his physical tools are probably the main reason why. I’m sure he’s more relaxed in practice where the pressure is off and his abilities shine through more there. That clearly didn’t translate over to gameplay and the pressure buckled him. The strip club incident was probably the worst thing for him tbh, he knew if he **** the bed that was it. And that he did. Enough with these wild theories that Rivera was trying to prove a point or even that Dan was forcing his hand. Rivera clearly has total control (at least for the time being, who knows when the Dan sticks his hand in the cookie jar). But it’s clear as day, or else he would have never been made 3rd string. This conversation wouldn’t even be had if not for Alex or Kyle being injured. 

Edit - I think I mis understood your point. But I did read a couple of posts suggesting it was Dan’s call and/or Rivera was making a point. So not addressed to you. 

2 minutes ago, Skintime said:

I think when our horrific owner makes a QB call they all end up thinking they are above all. Has was too young and immature with only 1 season and Darth Vader made him think he was the next Farve.

"League done messed up", charging money to come to his draft party, wanting the coveted #7 - all red flags before Snyder got a chance to corrupt him.

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

How does he seem decent??? This is the biggest bs ever. He’s a horrible human being. Straight garbage. Why sugar coat facts? The guy is a complete a hole and disgustingly vile. 

First of all, no one knows whether or not he’s a decent human being. But making some

boneheaded decisions and being immature does not equate to being a bad human being. Don’t let sports blur your vision on those lines. 

Archived