Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Hiniken isn’t a legit option?????

Not enough to bet your whole season on him. Kudos to him for balling out today, but he's been a drifter his whole career. If he was good enough to start, the other 4 teams he's played for ought to have noticed by now.

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Since 2004 only 3 Teams have won a sb with a QBs drafted by another team. Peyton Manning’s Broncos, Drew Brees’ Saints and Nick Foles’ Eagles and you can put an asterisk next to all three of them.

The point is rarely are FA QBs the answer.

Well a big reason for that is that good QBs don’t usually hit free agency.

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Since 2004 only 3 Teams have won a sb with a QBs drafted by another team. Peyton Manning’s Broncos, Drew Brees’ Saints and Nick Foles’ Eagles and you can put an asterisk next to all three of them.

Oh my god!  Data!  We must discard this quickly and make irrational arguments while wearing pirate regalia to fend off the reasonableness demons.

27 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

I said they would give us 5 years of solid play and you said "no, neither would do that at all" so it was you who said that. Just saying.

I said i was done but you misrepresented what i said. I said they would not give us 5-7 yrs solid play. That is not the same as saying they are not solid players now. Although Matt Ryan is not a clutch player anymore. He was at one time but not so much now. And Stafford - just have never liked Stafford. Also, while he has been healthy, he was injured off an on all this year. Its not uncommon for players to start getting injured more after 30, even QBs.

Despite the lack of success in drafting a QB that is exactly what we need to continue working on. 

Last but not least - people are allowed different opinions. Doesn't make them "blind" or anything else. You are free want those guys. I do not want either player and nothing you or anyone says will change my mind. 

37 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Who said they were not solid QBs? I said I do not want other teams rejects on the end of their careers. We keep doing this band aid thing.  Done here. 

When was the last bandaid QB we got (where we also foreclosed on young QB draft picks)?  I'm trying to remember, help me out, hoss?  Other teams rejects at end of their careers---this isn't Bruce Smith or Deion Sanders, dude.

3 minutes ago, Tedskins 21 said:

It doesn’t matter if he wants to do it or not, he is not capable. 

I’m talking about even being a backup somewhere.  He needs to have a serious heart to heart with himself.  If playing QB in the NFL is really important to him.  For him it’s not about “giving him more time,” or “devising a system that plays to his strengths,” or “finding the right situation.”  The guy is going to probably have to work harder than he ever has in his life to be a decent NFL QB.

If it’s not that important move on and do something else.  People do it everyday.

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I wasnt 100% paying attention but heard the announcer say something about Philly on SNF next week. I’m like “wait.....we play them.....” then looked at the tv and saw that we do indeed play SNF. Wow. 

The last time we won the division was the last game of the year. Hopefully we do it again.

Just now, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

When was the last bandaid QB we got (where we also foreclosed on young QB draft picks)?  I'm trying to remember, help me out, hoss?  Other teams rejects at end of their careers---this isn't Bruce Smith or Deion Sanders, dude.

Alex Smith, McNabb, Grossman, Beck, Brunell, just to name a few without looking. At least two of those went to SBs. And it's as much about fans wanting these rejects as it is about the team actually doing it. Alex is the only one who has actually won. And he can't stay on the field. 

I do not want other teams QBs on the later half of their career. Seems this has touched a nerve with some of you who are certain we are SB with one of them. You will forgive  me for wanting our own franchise QB. I think this coaching staff - unlike others we have had recently - can develop one. That is a better option ling term. 

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Alex Smith, McNabb, Grossman, Beck, Brunell, just to name a few without looking. At least two of those went to SBs. And it's as much about fans wanting these rejects as it is about the team actually doing it. Alex is the only one who has actually won. And he can't stay on the field. 

Alex didn’t win a Super Bowl.

Until we get him a dedicated thread, I will consider this a High on Heinicke thread.

Look at this guy. Everything about him. Poise in the pocket. Fluid movement in the pocket. Reads all the receivers. Directs traffic. Improvises. And throws just a beautiful dart.

He just might be starter material in the NFL. Or maybe it's all relative, compared to Haskins. At least an excellent backup, and a definite keeper. Shoot, with his mobility, he's likely better than Post-Break/Post-Calf Alex.
Call me a Heinicke Homer

23 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

If you go back a few seasons it’s 5 teams.  In 2000, the Ravens won with Trent Dilfer, and Carolina the team they faced had Jake Delhomme.  In 2003, Brad Johnson won it with Tampa. If you go back even further, the Packers won it with Farve in 1997, 49ers in 1995 with Young, and the Redskins won it with Doug Williams 1988 🙂.  It’s not often a team wins the SB with a QB they didn’t draft, but it’s not rare.  No one is saying a guy like Fitzpatrick, Ryan, Stafford is going to win us Super Bowl, it will allow us to groom a QB for a few years.  Like I’ve said a few times in other threads, Aaron Rogers held a clipboard for 3 seasons. 

25 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

For the record, Foles was drafted by the Eagles. He left, then came back. But he was drafted by the Eagles.

2 minutes ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

If you go back a few seasons it’s 5 teams.  In 2000, the Ravens won with Trent Dilfer, and Carolina the team they faced had Jake Delhomme.  In 2003, Brad Johnson won it with Tampa. If you go back even further, the Packers won it with Farve in 1997, 49ers in 1995 with Young, and the Redskins won it with Doug Williams 1988 🙂.  It’s not often a team wins the SB with a QB they didn’t draft, but it’s not rare.  No one is saying a guy like Fitzpatrick, Ryan, Stafford is going to win us Super Bowl, it will allow us to groom a QB for a few years.  Like I’ve said a few times in other threads, Aaron Rogers held a clipboard for 3 seasons. 

And even some of the most recent examples, Bucs, Broncos and Ravens... all won because of elite defenses. All three of those are very easily in the top 10 of all time. I also don’t even know if I put Delhomme into that category because he only threw like 20 passes in his first few years. No one really knew who he was or what he could do. That’s a different scenario altogether. Same with Favre.

2 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

For the record, Foles was drafted by the Eagles. He left, then came back. But he was drafted by the Eagles.

That was sort of my asterisk with him. That and he didn’t lead them to the division win that year. He just took a contender already ready to thrive.

2 hours ago, SweatSuit said:

What satisfaction do you gain from this, seriously? 

Schadenfreude is a temporary but nevertheless self-satisfying diversion from the bitter reality of existence. In small doses it is the perfect salve for the immediate hours after a highly disappointing loss.

But like most things the effect quickly fades away over time.

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Could you elaborate, at least on what you do know, please ?

There was a report of Moses in uniform trying to talk to a fully dressed Haskins in the parking lot after the game. Implying that he was trying to get Haskins to stay...

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Could you elaborate, at least on what you do know, please ?

There was a tweet earlier posted about Moses chasing Haskins down in the parking lot in full uniform as Haskins had already changed and left the stadium.  Part of it was apparently about trying to get him to face the media rather than just walk out on everyone. 

Archived