Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

In Haskins zoom presser from his home, did anyone ask him about why he ran onto the field after being benched?

Didnt see it but is it possible he didnt know he was benched? Hes seems that out of touch with the squad for it to be possible lol

I bet he doesnt even know the score down and distance during games 

40 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

My first thought was he was <MOD EDIT, NO POLITICS IN THE STADIUM> refusing to leave. I'm serious, it's getting that weird.  

I know this might seem harmless, but no politics in The Stadium. This could easily generate a response and then there’d be no end in sight. I’ve edited it out myself, but next time could end up in a penalty so just avoid it.  

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Didnt see it but is it possible he didnt know he was benched? Hes seems that out of touch with the squad for it to be possible lol

I bet he doesnt even know the score down and distance during games 

I get what you're saying, but it was after he was already benched.  It was incredibly awkward - I didn't know if he had oddly been reinstalled into the offense for the 4th down play or if he was hallucinating.  

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I get what you're saying, but it was after he was already benched.  It was incredibly awkward - I didn't know if he had oddly been reinstalled into the offense for the 4th down play or if he was hallucinating.  

My internal response to that is "eww" 

Like if hes that guy....going to bully his way onto the field. They need to just fire his ass already. Hes clearly a headcase and a major distraction. He actually is just holding the team back. From the bench. 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

My internal response to that is "eww" 

Like if hes that guy....going to bully his way onto the field. They need to just fire his ass already. Hes clearly a headcase and a major distraction. He actually is just holding the team back. From the bench. 

In fairness, it looked like he came out there to pat TH on the back.  It was just an odd thing to do.  I recall hearing or reading somewhere that Chase told Haskins to support his teammates after getting benched, perhaps that's what he was doing.  Still seemed unnecessary and awkward.

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

In fairness, it looked like he came out there to pat TH on the back.  It was just an odd thing to do.  I recall hearing or reading somewhere that Chase told Haskins to support his teammates after getting benched, perhaps that's what he was doing.  Still seemed unnecessary and awkward.

Didnt show it, but Chase ran out there as well. He was following the lead of his new captain.

13 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Reminded me of his other "over the top" reaction, to help Smith up when he ran out of bounds.

The gesture was nice, but didn't look genuine. Almost as if he just wanted to promote his image

That's exactly what that was. "I'm going to exaggerate my leadership skills to show everyone I'm a leader, even after being benched.". It reminded me of Jameis Winston's "Eat that W" pre game speech. Forced and cringey as hell!

In his defense though he's learning how to deal with his pride and ego taking a huge hit. He cant get out of his own way.

2 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Dan probably wouldn't have been aggressive in his pursuit of Haskins had he maintained any semblance of confidence in a fifth-year Jay Gruden and a tenth-year Bruce Allen, both of whom contributed in the near-complete erosion of fan interest by the end of 2018. I'm not excusing Dan for the pick but I can see why at that particular point all restraint withered away and his natural inclination to meddle reached a fever pitch.

None of that matters now. Haskins is history and we have to hope Alex has a strong practice and can suit up.

Ridiculous excuse for Snyder you seem to be making. If he didn't have confidence in Jay he could have easily afforded a buy out. It was obvious having him as a lame duck coach was stupid and that only a miracle would have him last through the 19-20 season.

However, that sort of thing is par for the course for an organization that does stupid **** like refuse to sign Kirk Cousins to a cheap contract when they had the chance. There is no excuse you can make that makes the pick look like anything other than a disaster for both player and organization.

Haskins should be embarrassed that he got outplayed by Heineke. 4th stringer, signed off the street, hasn’t been in the offense since 2018.

Disgusting, whilst Haskins is clearly not as talented as he thinks, his greatest shortcomings must be due to lack of application, work rate and professionalism.

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah this doesn't get discussed enough.  Every one of us was very concerned about the offensive line going into the season, it's held up pretty well particularly in pass protection

much better with Lucas and Schweitzer than with Christian and Martin

Archived