Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

17 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I dont know how this isn’t being talked about here, but Squid Games on Netflix is pretty good! I just got done with the season finale. It’s pretty rare that once a show gets hyped that it delivers. 

I’ve had fun watching that show as well, definitely R rating. I thought the acting was solid as well 

• Thumb up 1

I'm watching season 2 of Godfather of Harlem, this is a good serie with  political twists and good actors across the board.

I've been really disapointed by Foundation, they changed the story including 3 characters genders, added 3 emperor clones, etc... I don't like that since the author is dead and has nothing to say about it.

So my daughter was in town this weekend, and she wanted to watch a show on Netflix…Maid. It’s good, good acting, but it’s going to kick you right in the feels. It’s about a single mom trying to survive, starring Margret Qualley(Andie McDowells Daughter), Andie McDowell is also in it.

On 10/1/2021 at 6:25 PM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I dont know how this isn’t being talked about here, but Squid Games on Netflix is pretty good! I just got done with the season finale. It’s pretty rare that once a show gets hyped that it delivers. 

Just finished this last night.  What a ride, can't wait for S2.  Squid Game is about to become the most watched show in Netflix history.  

If you know, you know B)

IMG_20211005_064513.jpg.503d7abf6470ee22fde357b5ab388166.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Chachie said:

It was "good." Not great. I'm glad I watched it but expected better. 

Wife and I watched it last night.  I give a C to C-, back and forth on my grade.  I expected more, and not so much "Tony getting into the family business", but more action, excitement, more mobster ****, more of a dive into the family business they created that was shown in the series. 

I was fine with it focusing mainly on Dicky, but would have liked more of Tony's dad and the other guys.  I felt like this was made just good enough for fans to want another movie that includes all the stuff they left out.  There were a handful of exciting scenes/action sprinkled in and when they were, it was really great, imo. 

I felt they could have taken the 2 hours they had, cut some of it down and added more content to make it 3 hours long, and had a blockbuster.  

• Like 2

On 9/24/2021 at 10:09 PM, Destino said:

Roy Kent is a legendary TV character.  

Had anyone heard of Hannah Waddington prior to this show?  She’s a hell of an actress.  Whoever made that casting decision killed it.

On 9/24/2021 at 10:16 PM, Die Hard said:

She’s in Sex Education too. Another brilliant show. My wife and I just started both… 

she is ALSO this character from GoT

hqdefault.jpg

which i didn't remember AT ALL!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

she is ALSO this character from GoT

hqdefault.jpg

which i didn't remember AT ALL!

I was aware.... but only because someone had posted side-by-side pics of that photo and another of her in Lasso.... about a page or 2 back. And I had to share it with my wife 🙂

1 hour ago, TK said:

Just fired up Netflix & there’s a brand new Chappelle stand up special 

Worst of the specials he’s done for netflix imo, but it’s still Dave Chapelle.  He’s going to get dragged for it by his critics, and for the same reasons.

Ugh, do I gotta watch Squid Games?  I've heard so much about it I feel obligated to.  But at the same time, I can't get behind American voiceovers, it sounds/looks ridiculous.

On 10/5/2021 at 9:35 PM, Destino said:

Worst of the specials he’s done for netflix imo, but it’s still Dave Chapelle.  He’s going to get dragged for it by his critics, and for the same reasons.

That's how I feel, it's not the best special he's done for Netflix but it's still Chappelle and it's still great.  And yes, he's going to get dragged by his critics but I think he genuinely doesn't give a **** about that...and knows that more people will tune in to watch if the critics are going to drag him.

Squid Games ain't my cup of tea, but my Wife is fascinated by why people are fascinated by it. We're almost done, dont tell me anything, I haven't gone to Wikipedia yet like I normally do

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Ugh, do I gotta watch Squid Games?  I've heard so much about it I feel obligated to.  But at the same time, I can't get behind American voiceovers, it sounds/looks ridiculous.

Like a lot of Korean shows on Netflix, you can set it to Korean with English subtitles, thats how we watch it.  No, you don't have to watch it.

I wasn’t a fan. Easily his worst. I just don’t know why he has a fetish for dragging the LGBTQ community.

I dont know. When it isn’t a few jokes among an hour special where every group takes shots but instead is essentially an hour long special specifically to drag gay and trans people, it’s kinda hard to defend to me.

It doesn’t feel like joking at that point it feels mean spirited. I don’t think any particular joke was worse than one from a previous special but the fact that the entire show is built around gay and trans bashing takes a lot of the humor out of it. Why make an entire special on this? It doesn’t feel like an honest comedy special and rather you taking out your anger by being cruel toward a community that has been critical of you 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man