Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Finished Only Murders in the Building, because of the recommendations here.

Count me in as one of the few, I guess, who can’t stand Martin Short and Steve Martin. I thought Selena Gomez was terrible.

I watched 2 episodes, and I almost bailed. But because it’s only one season…. I decided to stick it out. I did think it was well produced.

But the show grew on me. It was good and I’ll follow up next season. I don’t think it’s a highly recommend suggestion (to others), but it’s something to watch when you’ve already watched all the must-sees.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Mom.

Anna Ferris and Allison Janney. 30-minute episodes, nice easy light humor. Good filler between the heavy dramas.

Ive always had a thing for Anna Ferris. But Janney’s character (Bonnie), even if she wearing a wig, I’d totally crush it.

Edited by Die Hard

This "Bad Sport" series on Netflix seems promising. The first episode dealt with a college basketball point shaving scandal in 1994.  Never knew about it, but it was a good hour documentary.  Made me wonder about all the times point shaving has happened and hasn't been discovered.  The guys involved in this scheme could have stopped after two games, come out ahead with about 2 million and no one would have ever known.  

2 hours ago, Maxito said:

Currently on the second of episode of the 1st season of See on Apple Tv + with Jason Mamoa. It looks intriguing!

It’s an interesting idea and I liked the world they’ve created. Jason Mamoa absolutely dominates in that role. His charisma just pops off the screen.  I enjoyed the first season and need to start season 2. 

4 hours ago, Die Hard said:

Finished Only Murders in the Building, because of the recommendations here.

Count me in as one of the few, I guess, who can’t stand Martin Short and Steve Martin. I thought Selena Gomez was terrible.

Count me too then. Martin Short must have naked pics of somebody really important because that guy has zero talent. None. Zip. Zilch. He did one funny bit on SNL and it’s been all downhill from there. The only difference between him and Tracy Morgan is that Short has the one funny bit to look back on. Morgan? 🦗 

[steps down off soapbox] OK, as you were. 

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This "Bad Sport" series on Netflix seems promising. The first episode dealt with a college basketball point shaving scandal in 1994.  Never knew about it, but it was a good hour documentary.  Made me wonder about all the times point shaving has happened and hasn't been discovered.  The guys involved in this scheme could have stopped after two games, come out ahead with about 2 million and no one would have ever known.  

Was it Arizona State?  That stuff is so crazy. There’s a good podcast about how Henry Hill (Goodfellas) got to three guys at Boston College to fix games.  It’s wild.

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

Was it Arizona State?  That stuff is so crazy. There’s a good podcast about how Henry Hill (Goodfellas) got to three guys at Boston College to fix games.  It’s wild.

Yes it was, and it was crazy on a number of levels.  First, how easy it was to get to a college player to get them to do it.  Second, how quickly it got out of control...like I said, they could have walked away after two games and no one would have found out, most likely.  Third, how precisely the point guard was able to impact the game to hit the number he precisely given.  

The other episodes in the series look to be pretty crazy, too.  Something about a weed dealer financing an auto racing team and someone else who was a hitman on racehorses (yes, no kidding) in order for their owners to cash in on insurance. 

I'll check the Henry Hill podcast, I've heard of the Boston College scandal before and I'd like to learn more.

On 10/23/2021 at 11:01 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yes it was, and it was crazy on a number of levels.  First, how easy it was to get to a college player to get them to do it.  Second, how quickly it got out of control...like I said, they could have walked away after two games and no one would have found out, most likely.  Third, how precisely the point guard was able to impact the game to hit the number he precisely given.  

The other episodes in the series look to be pretty crazy, too.  Something about a weed dealer financing an auto racing team and someone else who was a hitman on racehorses (yes, no kidding) in order for their owners to cash in on insurance. 

I'll check the Henry Hill podcast, I've heard of the Boston College scandal before and I'd like to learn more.

I watched the Stevin Smith episode.  The Joe guy said he staked $500k on the first game.  He wasn’t even 25.  Something has to be missing there.  Though he said he got his dad and two of his dad’s friends place the bets.  Something’s fishy there.

11 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Watching Invasion on Apple TV.  First 3 episodes dropped last week and new episodes every Friday.

Talk about a slow burn. 4 episodes in and we’ve only seen glimpses of the alien ship and humanity still doesn’t realize this is an alien invasion.

Oh man, I thought I was alone.  Wife and I agreed to turn it off halfway through episode 1, you talking 4 and they still don't know whats going on? Sheesh...

On 11/2/2021 at 6:15 PM, Destino said:

Got paramount + for a month and caught up on Evil.  Really love that show, there’s not another like it.  It’s weird and they never bother telling you if any of it is really supernatural or not.  

Love Evil.  It will be even better next year. Season 2 was done with the expectation they would air on CBS. Next year they can go further, since it’s a streaming show.