Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

I've watched most of the popular series like The Wire, Breaking Bad, Dexter, SoA, homeland, and my gf makes me watch trublood but thats not to bad either. But there are a couple that for whatever reason, I haven't watched. The three I'm most interested in are

1. The Walking Dead. I've never even seen the piolet. But from everything I've heard from everyone I know, this show is the best show out.

2. House of Cards on Netflix. Haven't heard to much about It besides its great.

3. Mad Men. I tried to watch the first episode awhile ago but couldn't get into it. I think i might have been super stoned so I just turned it off and started playing borderlands or something.

So what do you guys think? Out of these 3, which one should I start watching first?'

Are there any other good ones out that I didn't mention that you guys enjoy?

Thanks guys!

#HTTR

:helmet:

I'd start with The Walking Dead. I still think that Breaking Bad is the best show on TV but The Walking Dead is quite good. I also enjoyed Hell on Wheels. I'm not sure if that will be renewed but it's pretty entertaining. I still watch Southland as well. I liked it when it was on NBC and they have new episodes on TNT.

I'm also looking for new stuff to watch as well. I want to watch The Wire but it isn't on Netflix.

I started the Walking Dead yesterday and I'm hooked. I stayed up till about 2 am watching it. Watching it now.

Mad Men is great, it's just not action packed like Walking Dead or over the top in intensity like Breaking Bad.

EDIT: The cool thing about Mad Men is to see how the characters change throughout the sixties. They also do a brilliant job with the fashion, style, cars, etc.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

I think it's down to 2.

A) walking dead because everyone keeps telling me to watch it (not just you guys)

B) game of thrones.

Def want to check out bbc Sherlock.

What's falling skies all about?

---------- Post added March-26th-2013 at 12:55 AM ----------

The Americans on FX.

Tight Cold War spy story.

~Bang

So The Americans has turned out well? Def caught my attention with the commercials.

The following has turned out ok as well. Usually don't like the series on the major networks like fox abc etc but the following isn't to bad.

I think it's down to 2.

A) walking dead because everyone keeps telling me to watch it (not just you guys)

B) game of thrones.

Def want to check out bbc Sherlock.

What's falling skies all about?

---------- Post added March-26th-2013 at 12:55 AM ----------

So The Americans has turned out well? Def caught my attention with the commercials.

The following has turned out ok as well. Usually don't like the series on the major networks like fox abc etc but the following isn't to bad.

The Americans is pretty damn cool. I've been watching it, too.

I'd start with The Walking Dead. I still think that Breaking Bad is the best show on TV but The Walking Dead is quite good. I also enjoyed Hell on Wheels. I'm not sure if that will be renewed but it's pretty entertaining. I still watch Southland as well. I liked it when it was on NBC and they have new episodes on TNT.

I'm also looking for new stuff to watch as well. I want to watch The Wire but it isn't on Netflix.

Yeah man I kept hearing about the wire so last year I went ahead and got the torrent for every season. I watched that show everyday after work and gym. Thats all i did for a couple weeks was work, gym, the wire lol. That show just sucked me in and wouldnt let me out. I rewatched the whole thing around Christmas.

Never heard of fallen skies. What's it about and what station?

Earth dealing with post-alien invasion and rebelling against alien overlords. Produced by Spielberg. Airs during the summer. 2 seasons so far, 3rd season starts up this summer. 1st season was good, 2nd season was great.

Airs on TNT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falling_Skies

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?346132-TNT-s-Falling-Skies/page5

---------- Post added March-25th-2013 at 09:18 PM ----------

#1 in my opinion. Each show is like a movie. It is a fantastic series. You can watch both seasons streaming on Netflix. I think they just started shooting season 3. The actors have re-signed for four more years.

Agreed. I love Breaking Bad, but Sherlock replaced it as my favorite tv show currently on. I can't wait for season 3, which I believe airs this fall. Awesome that they re-signed for so long. I wish they could do more episodes in a season, but I like that each episode is like a movie and the quality that goes into each episode.

The View. While surreal to the point of absurdity at times, overall the uncanny accuracy in portraying the typical terminally vapid American chat-fest panel obsessing on celebrity and All Things Shallow & Petty to the exclusion of any worthwhile concern is pure genius. Some think it's simply insulting to women as a demographic in the soul-deep mockery of matters and public figures chosen as those held in interest to that audience in this biting and truly devilish satire, but the entire cast and executive production staff is female, and many well known for their feminist activism over the years. Even more impressive, most of the dialogue is ad-libbed and the show is shot "live" 5 days a week most weeks. Many celebrities guest star playing "themselves" and real-world events/projects/news are a fundamental part of each episode---think Lewis Carroll doing TV after eating liberty caps. Truly groundbreaking.

One more vote for the Walking Dead. Downton Abbey is pretty good also. My wife started watching it and I happened to walk through the room during the second episode. I stopped and next thing I knew I was sitting down having watched the whole thing. Finally, I'd recommend Wilfred. Really, really funny and very well written. You'll find it funny even if you haven't had a dog, but if you have had one, there are jokes about doggie behavior that will literally have you rolling on the floor laughing.

Haven't watched The Wire, but friends say it narrowly edges out Breaking Bad. For me Game of Thrones is awesome, so is Walking Dead. Breaking Bad is my normal tv favorite, but Sherlock beat it and is my #1 overall.

Edited by elkabong82