Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

Expanse's probably last season coming on Friday. Bittersweet to know that it's not going to reach the end of the book series, but I'm still counting down the days to airing.

Already?  My brother and I haven't finished our watch of the previous season.

10 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Expanse's probably last season coming on Friday. Bittersweet to know that it's not going to reach the end of the book series, but I'm still counting down the days to airing.

yeah I like the show a lot but if I’m being honest I don’t think it’s ever lived up to it’s early potential and even with some of its big ideas like the portal to so many new places, a new frontier, nothing that interesting came from it. It doesn’t seem like we will ever get any payoff for the protomolecule or who built the ring portal etc as now we are in finishing with the less interesting Marcos rebellion conflict. 

19 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

yeah I like the show a lot but if I’m being honest I don’t think it’s ever lived up to it’s early potential and even with some of its big ideas like the portal to so many new places, a new frontier, nothing that interesting came from it. It doesn’t seem like we will ever get any payoff for the protomolecule or who built the ring portal etc as now we are in finishing with the less interesting Marcos rebellion conflict. 

Yeah, I don't see them finishing the protomolecule story with Amazon. I'm reading the last book of the series, which got published at the end of last month, and halfway through it they still haven't figured it all out. There's some pretty big events happening between where the book is now and where Marco's rebellion is, and with only 6 episodes to this season, my guess is it will wrap up with how the rebellion goes.

Which is a shame. Without trying to reveal too much, what happens after the rebellion ties very heavily into the protomolecule, and they teased it extremely hard at the end of season 5.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/7/2021 at 12:58 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

You’re a Seinfeld fan. Not that there is anything wrong with that. 

it’s one of my all time faves. It’s a great show. Have you gotten to The Limo in season 3 yet? lol

Waited until I did to respond, that was really random : )  I love that for the most part I didn't know what was going to happen next, thats good writing.

Having said that, im on the fence on this shows reception if it was released today.  In season 1 Kramer was daring Newman to commit suicide one episode, basically mocking him.  Not sure the woke twitter crowd would recieve that well, maybe if on cable, but not network television.

Edited by Renegade7

I was watching Seinfeld a few weeks ago and while I still enjoyed it, I dunno. They’re all narcissistic and there’s an underlying theme of them just not being nice people. Granted I don’t need everyone on a tv show to be nice but watching it as someone who just turned 40, I had a different take on the show than I did 20 years ago. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I was watching Seinfeld a few weeks ago and while I still enjoyed it, I dunno. They’re all narcissistic and there’s an underlying theme of them just not being nice people. Granted I don’t need everyone on a tv show to be nice but watching it as someone who just turned 40, I had a different take on the show than I did 20 years ago. 

Its basically an early diet version of IASIP

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Agreed. I noticed the "not nice people" thing back when the show was big but I think that was the lure. They always paid for their selfishness and snobbiness. What I took from it was that THEY were the jerks in society, or at least equal to other jerks while complaining about jerkiness. I think it's Larry David's thing and is still a big part of Curb Your Enthusiasm, which I still love.

I don't think Seinfeld is as funny all these years later either though. 

• Like 2

On 12/2/2021 at 3:43 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

WHOA WHOA WHOA **** just got really real and now I'm hooked, what the ****.

This is so accurate. You go from "Ugh - kind of a formula here" and questioning the motives of the primary players and then OH DAMN and away it goes. 

1 hour ago, KAOSkins said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but For All Man Kind on Apple+ is really a good show. Historical fiction where the Ruskies beat us to the moon and the space race never ended.  Joel Kinnaman is very good, as he usually is.   Great soundtrack too.

Great show, waiting on Season 3; which will take place in the 90’s.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 12:07 AM, China said:

Has anyone watched Arcane?

I watched it, I enjoyed it. It's based on champions from the game League of Legends and does some of the back story of the characters. 

I don't know anything about the game but I though the animation was well done and the story was pretty engaging. It's not an all time great but it's better than a lot of the stuff that is out right now. I'd recommend it if you like anime and are looking for something different. 

On 12/11/2021 at 12:07 AM, China said:

Has anyone watched Arcane?  My daughter thinks I should watch it.  When I asked her what it's about, should couldn't explain it to me very well after having watched 7 episodes.  The descriptions online aren't much better.  

I just watched it and HIGHLY recommend if you like animated movies/shows.  Might be the most beautiful animation I’ve ever seen.  If they don’t win awards for it, it will be an injustice.  Not sure how they made the faces convey so much emotion without making it seem silly, but they nailed it.  

Storyline hooks you early on too, and doesn’t disappoint.  

I’ve never played the game and know nothing about it, so I don’t think it matters.