Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I wasn’t a fan. Easily his worst. I just don’t know why he has a fetish for dragging the LGBTQ community.

Could it be more of a marketing ploy by Netflix?  Have him bash the LGBTQ community in a "controversial", "not acceptable" way to create a stir to get more people to subscribe to see what it's about?

6 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Could it be more of a marketing ploy by Netflix?  Have him bash the LGBTQ community in a "controversial", "not acceptable" way to create a stir to get more people to subscribe to see what it's about?

it crossed my mind. Like if they told him just go for it and they weren’t worried about the fallout because of the attention it would bring them. 

On 10/7/2021 at 6:49 PM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I personally thought the Chappelle special was really good.  Only complaint is it felt like he dedicated too much of the special to the LGBTQ stuff.

But it was all worth it for the Mike Pence joke alone.

I liked jus hearing him talk and he was making some important points that take balls to make.  His going in for the trans lady who killed herself shows his true nature and empathy for that community.  

11 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Ted Lasso season finale was perfect

Hide contents

**** Nate and his gray hair. What a punk. 

It was a great finale and the show is fantastic but its not really the same show it was in Season 1. They focused a LOT more on off field stuff which had some real world meaningfulness, but at times strayed too far from its soccer roots.

14 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Ted Lasso season finale was perfect

Reveal hidden contents

**** Nate and his gray hair. What a punk. 

Yes. :) 

But...

Spoiler

They better not split up Keely & Roy. 

And **** Nate, that little punk ass backstabbing ****. Beard needs to catch his ass in a dark alley...

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TK said:

Yes. :) 

But...

Reveal hidden contents

They better not split up Keely & Roy. 

And **** Nate, that little punk ass backstabbing ****. Beard needs to catch his ass in a dark alley...

Spoiler

Im not sure what they are doing with those two. I’m scared they’ll split them up too but she assured him everything was good. It may have just been a brief view of Roy’s insecurities with the  photo shoot and seeing how strong and independent and capable she is. They are in different points of their careers and he may need to adjust to her being so successful. Not that it’s a problem because he’s a great guy, just an adjustment. i wonder if that was setting the stage for a plot thread next season the way they setup Ted’s anxiety in season 1. 

am I crazy or were Nate’s accusations completely unjustified? I liked him so much in season 1 so I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and see things from his perspective but I couldn’t. It just seemed so incorrect and unwarranted. Ted’s given him everything, if he didn’t believe in Nate he would still be an equipment boy. I know Nate is starving for recognition, praise, and acceptance based on his relationship with his father but damn. 

the show finally has a villain. Rupert was never quite there just because his appearances were so limited. Now it’s Nate. I like the way his hair went from

solid black to solid grey the more lost he became. I say lost but really he’s just an egotistical entirled asshole. **** him. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Hide contents

Im not sure what they are doing with those two. I’m scared they’ll split them up too but she assured him everything was good. It may have just been a brief view of Roy’s insecurities with the  photo shoot and seeing how strong and independent and capable she is. They are in different points of their careers and he may need to adjust to her being so successful. Not that it’s a problem because he’s a great guy, just an adjustment. i wonder if that was setting the stage for a plot thread next season the way they setup Ted’s anxiety in season 1. 

am I crazy or were Nate’s accusations completely unjustified? I liked him so much in season 1 so I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and see things from his perspective but I couldn’t. It just seemed so incorrect and unwarranted. Ted’s given him everything, if he didn’t believe in Nate he would still be an equipment boy. I know Nate is starving for recognition, praise, and acceptance based on his relationship with his father but damn. 

the show finally has a villain. Rupert was never quite there just because his appearances were so limited. Now it’s Nate. I like the way his hair went from

solid black to solid grey the more lost he became. I say lost but really he’s just an egotistical entirled asshole. **** him. 

Spoiler

I think they went a bit too far with the nice guy thing.  Roy didn’t care that his coworker and friend just up and kissed his girlfriend?  Yeah…. I’ve never met a guy so wonderful that he’d shrug that off without thinking it was even worth mentioning.  That’s at the very least a tense conversation because it has nothing at all to do with Keely.  Going after a friends girl, that he actually cares about, is always a problem.  

It happened again when Nate lost his **** on Ted.  It’s one thing to be nice, it’s another to stand there getting dressed down by an employee.  That was too much.  Ted came off less like a nice guy and more like a spineless leader in that moment.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Destino said:

Reveal hidden contents

I think they went a bit too far with the nice guy thing.  Roy didn’t care that his coworker and friend just up and kissed his girlfriend?  Yeah…. I’ve never met a guy so wonderful that he’d shrug that off without thinking it was even worth mentioning.  That’s at the very least a tense conversation because it has nothing at all to do with Keely.  Going after a friends girl, that he actually cares about, is always a problem.  

It happened again when Nate lost his **** on Ted.  It’s one thing to be nice, it’s another to stand there getting dressed down by an employee.  That was too much.  Ted came off less like a nice guy and more like a spineless leader in that moment.  

Spoiler

The Roy/Nate thing didn’t bother me because it showed that Roy fully realized Nate was no threat to him. It also likely fueled Nate to feel inferior and dismissed again before the final match. Like you said, how insulted must you be to kiss the GF of a famously hot headed tough guy and he laughs it off. Felt it would have weakened Roy to be angry about that but made sense that he felt far more insecure about Jamie’s confession to Keely. Think it was the right play to have Roy react that way. 

as for Ted, I’m trying to separate my desire for what I wanted him to do with what I realistically think his character would do. Even when he found out in season 1 that Rebecca picked him to be a joke and tried to make him fail spectacularly, he was only mad for like 5 seconds before calming down. He did try to talk to Nate and explain himself and apologize but Nate again cut him off and then stormed off. 

He should have done more though, I agree. At least make your case better or tell him it’s not a good idea to be on the bench for the match. But maybe that’s part of Lasso’s leadership, he truly did believe in Nate’s false 9 and in most scenarios that comeback win would have smoothed things over enough to try to repair that relationship. But Nate was too immature and wounded at that point to even find joy in that. I was expecting him to give Nate the credit in the postgame interview and for that to be what started to mend that relationship but Nate had already ripped the Believe sign and quit. 

I think really though they just wanted the focus to be on Nate and not any reaction from Ted. We have a full villain origin story now for next season. 

• Like 1

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Only Murders came in hot with the finale. Damn, can’t wait for season 2. I legit have no idea what they are going to be doing and where it’s going

Yeah it did. :) 

I legit thought that was going to be it & then they set it up for a 2nd season. Steve Martin & Martin Short are fan****ingtastic together.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TK said:

Yeah it did. :) 

I legit thought that was going to be it & then they set it up for a 2nd season. Steve Martin & Martin Short are fan****ingtastic together.

what a fun ride. Seeing them back together was just a joy. Selena was such a nice mix with their dynamic too. I wonder if next season will focus on Tina Fey narrating their investigation to clear their names. It was Sting all along!

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

what a fun ride. Seeing them back together was just a joy. Selena was such a nice mix with their dynamic too. 

Told ya it was a gem. :D 

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It was Sting all along!

sting-tony-schiavone.gif

• Haha 1

On 10/15/2021 at 10:15 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

Saw USA/SyFy’s Chucky TV series. It airs on both networks on Tuesdays.  Pretty good.  How long can they do the show is questionable because it does seem like it will get old pretty quickly.

It won’t have time to get old. He’s already been fired from the NFL. It won’t be long before he’s gone from that too.😉

On a serious note, I’m kind of surprised that nobody has suggested it, but we’ve been watching Pose and it’s incredible. We just watched an episode last night that had all of us crying. Some of the actors are way better than others, but it’s well written and feels really authentic for that community’s experiences.

I just finished watching Another Life. It wasn’t the greatest show ever and had some semi-serious holes in the plot, but it was still worth watching. I just want to know when we’re going to get the final season of The Expanse and the second season of Raised by Wolves.